xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Annual Request For Xport Sources  (Read 264 times)

hargle

• Archived User
Annual Request For Xport Sources
« on: April 24, 2007, 11:23:00 AM »

It's that time again...

Time when we see if xport is willing to zip up all the sources that he's got tucked away on his hard drive and share them with the world.   Things here are pretty slow, and a hot beef injection like all of the source could certainly liven things up a notch or two.  

Please?   (IMG:style_emoticons/default/love.gif)

Sirmatto

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 07:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(hargle @ Apr 24 2007, 07:54 AM) *

It's that time again...

Time when we see if xport is willing to zip up all the sources that he's got tucked away on his hard drive and share them with the world.   Things here are pretty slow, and a hot beef injection like all of the source could certainly liven things up a notch or two.  

Please?   (IMG:style_emoticons/default/love.gif)

Xport has said time and time again that they're going to put out a few more releases and then throw a giant source release party.

hargle

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 08:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(Sirmatto @ Apr 25 2007, 02:30 PM) *

Xport has said time and time again that they're going to put out a few more releases and then throw a giant source release party.

ok, then consider this a reminder to send out the RSVPs to that party.  

It's just been eerily quiet here, and I was hoping to avoid another xport disappearance, especially since interest in our beloved console is waning overall.  My fears, however unjustified they may be, is that with an MIA xport and not a lot of requests coming in due to the popularity wane, will feedback loop into complete abandonment.

Those sources are a treasure and it would be a such a loss if they were never made available.

Sirmatto

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 07:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(hargle @ Apr 25 2007, 05:11 AM) *

ok, then consider this a reminder to send out the RSVPs to that party.  

It's just been eerily quiet here, and I was hoping to avoid another xport disappearance, especially since interest in our beloved console is waning overall.  My fears, however unjustified they may be, is that with an MIA xport and not a lot of requests coming in due to the popularity wane, will feedback loop into complete abandonment.

Those sources are a treasure and it would be a such a loss if they were never made available.

Well, he is still making a few releases now and then, but on a DOSBox thread a while back, he mentioned that he was winding down.  You also have to realize that (sadly) the Xbox dev scene is on it's way out.  Probably the only thing that could save it now is major advancements in the OpenXDK, which might give it a spike like the Dreamcast dev scene.