xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Best Settings For Some Psx Games  (Read 162 times)

DevGuy2k6

• Archived User
Best Settings For Some Psx Games
« on: May 28, 2006, 06:46:00 AM »

Metal Gear Solid
Chrono trigger
All the final fantasy games on the psone
Rokugaki ShowTime

and there are more i just have to think of them ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/muhaha.gif)

foxxfella

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 06:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(DevGuy2k6 @ May 28 2006, 08:17 AM) *

Metal Gear Solid
Chrono trigger
All the final fantasy games on the psone
Rokugaki ShowTime

and there are more i just have to think of them ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/muhaha.gif)

Final Fantasy settings
The Rest

Jonesy_47

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 02:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(foxxfella @ May 28 2006, 01:26 PM) *

Why you lazy....
The Final Fantasy fix thread is so dilluted at this point, its damn near impossible to track down anything helpful and the compatibility list is so outdated, its not even worth your time. Testing on my own, I've found about 2-3 games that worked almost perfectly when the list said they were disfunctional whereas others have sucked ass when the list said they were ok (BUT, in the lists defense, its been collected over MANY different versions. What REALLY makes no sense about that is the fact that theres' an OLDER compatibility list thread. Why does that exist if this new one is still going to have old compatibility listings? << Confused)

For Chrono Trigger and the final fantasies, use the settings as specified in the pcsxbox compatibility thread (the ff settings thread just...sucks. So does the actual compatibility list but it seems alright when it comes to the final fantasy and chrono trigger settings.)

In ff9, using help mode (pressing the select button in a fight) makes the flickering of the battle menu go down even further.

In Metal Gear Solid, apparently the codec conversations are a little off and it freezes after the ocelot fight while you're talking to the darpa chief and the fmv video pops up but that can be fixed by playing past that point in an emulator from what i hear. That makes me wonder if it would freeze during the LOOOOoooooooong liquid convo at the end since it has fmv as well...

Anyways, yeah. There you go.

Oh, and if you're even the slightest bit interested about playing Chrono Cross, dont bother. It looks like shit, doesnt save (you CAN use save states tho), you have to switch save files to a pc ps emu to change discs which isn't that bad in most games but in this one, there's A LOT of disc swapping if you plan on playing a second game (which is where this game TRULY shines). You'd be better suited buying an original copy for ten bucks and playing it on your ps1/ps2 if you want to play this game...and if you dont have anything playstation related in your house, play it on your pc. Seriously, Chrono Cross sucks bawls on pcsxbox. Small price to pay tho. Besides, playing on ps2 with the texture smoothing is the only way to play this game (the original textures were sooooooo bad). I suppose the pc could smooth some textures too.

This post has been edited by Jonesy_47: May 29 2006, 09:30 PM

foxxfella

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 04:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(Jonesy_47 @ May 29 2006, 03:56 PM) *

Why you lazy....

Whatcu talkin 'bout Willis? Those FF settings work good for me. I remember hearing the pal version of metal gear works fine? I wish I had my hands on it to see because I'm having the same problems with the fmv with the Darpa cheif.

This post has been edited by foxxfella: May 30 2006, 12:07 PM

foxxfella

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 07:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(foxxfella @ May 30 2006, 06:27 AM) *

I remember hearing the pal version of metal gear works fine?

Damnit never mind!   (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

Jonesy_47

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 11:52:00 AM »

Did you just recognize a nugget of info from a post you just posted? It may sound like an asshole question but i actually got confused on that one...

foxxfella

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 01:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(Jonesy_47 @ May 30 2006, 01:23 PM) *

Did you just recognize a nugget of info from a post you just posted? It may sound like an asshole question but i actually got confused on that one...

This might be an asshole response but I did not mean to confuse you any more than you already are.

This post has been edited by foxxfella: May 30 2006, 08:48 PM

Jonesy_47

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2006, 10:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(foxxfella @ May 30 2006, 08:05 PM) *

This might be an asshole response but I did not mean to confuse you any more than you already are.

Damn...so much for figuring that bullshit out...

georaldc

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2006, 10:29:00 PM »

Oh, and if you're even the slightest bit interested about playing Chrono Cross, dont bother. It looks like shit, doesnt save (you CAN use save states tho), you have to switch save files to a pc ps emu to change discs which isn't that bad in most games but in this one, there's A LOT of disc swapping if you plan on playing a second game (which is where this game TRULY shines). You'd be better suited buying an original copy for ten bucks and playing it on your ps1/ps2 if you want to play this game...and if you dont have anything playstation related in your house, play it on your pc. Seriously, Chrono Cross sucks bawls on pcsxbox. Small price to pay tho. Besides, playing on ps2 with the texture smoothing is the only way to play this game (the original textures were sooooooo bad). I suppose the pc could smooth some textures too.

Chrono Cross does save to memory cards, what are you talking about? Thought you are right about it looking like shit. The best settings I got out of this game is using both frameskips. It will still skip a lot, but at least its a bit playable for me.

As for the final fantasies, I find that using a static camera for battles helps relieve some of the slowdown since the dynamic camera tends to slow it down a lot when it focuses on a character doing spells and stuff.

Jonesy_47

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2006, 12:04:00 AM »

Hmmmmm...i remember someone saying it didnt save...then why are people having so much trouble with switching discs?

georaldc

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2006, 12:13:00 AM »

Maybe those guys are using older versions of the emulator. Well anyway, I just started playing the game like a week ago and I've reached the part after the ghost ship with no problems whatsoever (except for the slowdown of course, but I'm getting used to it already). Let's see if I'll be able to swap at the end of disc 1.

Doom64

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2006, 05:48:00 AM »

The only problem i got in Chono Cross i the slowdown when u enter o u exit in battle.U can use both filters but if u use the software filter u  wil see ur menu all glitched.As for the slowdown use fast forward and it will be ok.Another thing that helps is the item called TIMESHIFT that lets u run the game veryfast but if u dont use the gameshark cheat u have to finish the game to get it.So the problem is resolved.PS I finished the game(no problem swapping discs). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)