xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Getting Gbc Games To Boot Up In Gba Mode With Xboyadvance  (Read 87 times)

XvXPhoenix

• Archived User
Getting Gbc Games To Boot Up In Gba Mode With Xboyadvance
« on: February 04, 2006, 03:42:00 PM »

When playing Zelda:Oracle of Ages/Seasons on my GBA there is a special "Advance shop" only found when playing the game on a GBA.  It also shows up when playing the game in VisualBoy Advance on the PC.  However, when playing them on XBoyAdvance the shop is closed.  I have the GBA bios I acquired from my own GBA loaded into XBA so I know it is valid and have told the emu to load the game with the Bios enabled but still no luck.  Any help would be appreciated as I'd like to play through both of these games again on my widescreen TV but would like access to the Advance shop.  Thanks!

Sirmatto

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 07:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(XvXPhoenix @ Feb 4 2006, 02:13 PM) *

When playing Zelda:Oracle of Ages/Seasons on my GBA there is a special "Advance shop" only found when playing the game on a GBA.  It also shows up when playing the game in VisualBoy Advance on the PC.  However, when playing them on XBoyAdvance the shop is closed.  I have the GBA bios I acquired from my own GBA loaded into XBA so I know it is valid and have told the emu to load the game with the Bios enabled but still no luck.  Any help would be appreciated as I'd like to play through both of these games again on my widescreen TV but would like access to the Advance shop.  Thanks!

You could always take your save game to a PC, use VBA to go to the Advance Shop and then transfer the save back to the Xbox.

Diontae18

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 11:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(XvXPhoenix @ Feb 4 2006, 05:13 PM) *

It works for me. Always have.