xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Vice64x V6  (Read 262 times)

XPort

• Archived User
Vice64x V6
« on: July 19, 2006, 11:21:00 AM »

Vice64X Commodore 64 Emulator port for XBox v6

http://xport.xbox-scene.com
http://viceteam.bei.t-online.de/

What's new:

- Remembers location when backing out of Gamebase menus

- Fixed bug where "Only Show Available Games" and "Force Configuration
   Before Each Game" settings were not being saved.

Stella, Gnuboy, SMSPlus, FCEUltra, HUGO, NeoPop, DGen, Bochs, HUGO-CD,
FMSXBox, Bliss, WinSTon, Gens, Z26X, StepmaniaX, PCSXBox, XBoyAdvance,
DOSXBox, AtariXLBox, MirrorMagicX, KoboX, MaelstromX, MarblesX, Vice64X,
Vice20X, VicePETX, KegsX, XPired, AdamX, WonderSwanX, BeatsOfRageX,
PowermangaX, LynxBox, BlueMSXBox, GladiatorX, AmphetamineX, StarfighterX,
PachiX, BlobWarsX, OdysseyX, ArnoldX, X68000X, WinUAEX, MekaX,
MednafenX-NES, MednafenX-PCE, MednafenX-Lynx, AbuseX
what's next?

Enjoy!

Retroplay

• Archived User
Vice64x V6
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 12:49:00 PM »

Nice work (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I'm having some trouble converting the GB v03 screenshots.
Here's what I do.
1. Make a new folder.
2. Copy Screenshots folder to the new folder.
3. Copy GB64_xboxrename and games.dat (from gamesbase_v3_dats) into new folder.
4. Select games.dat and points to a screenshot in the screenshots folder.
5. Selects where to save new screenshots.

Then this happens:

(IMG:http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b227/Spyrus/GB64_rename_error.jpg)[/img]

I have tried on three computers and same things happens on all of them.
Is there anything I'm doing wrong here?

XPort

• Archived User
Vice64x V6
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 01:41:00 PM »

It's a bug.  There is a new "gb64_xboxrename" in the usual places.  The main VICE package is also being updated.

Retroplay

• Archived User
Vice64x V6
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 01:51:00 PM »

Thanks for the quick reply Xport.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
I almost ripped all of my hair out trying to convert the screenshots.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

DJB

• Archived User
Vice64x V6
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 01:59:00 PM »

Nice job as always XPort, you are definately a gem to the Xbox Community smile.gif

I was just at www.gamebase64.com earlier today, and they have confirmed that v4 of the Database is online. This is a quote from their main page:

V4 contains 18800 entries, 1350 more than our V3 which went online on May 2005, and of course many of the previous game entries have been updated with better versions. You will also note that all game screenshots of GB V4 have been converted to PNG format instead of the previous GIFs.

Note however, that the new database is not offered for download yet as we are having some problems with the new installer.

Stuff the installer, we just want the Database  laugh.gif

Anyways, just a small heads up if you didn't know this info already.

BTW, I don't know if this would be the proper place to make a feature suggestion for Vice64x or not, but one big difference I've noticed between the PC and Xbox version is that the PC version will actually let you save the .d64 images aswell as load them. If this isn't too complicated do you think you could look into this? I'm sure it would make an old C64 Scener like myself plus many of others like me very very happy indeed.

althena

• Archived User
Vice64x V6
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2006, 02:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(XPort @ Jul 19 2006, 08:48 PM) *

It's a bug.  There is a new "gb64_xboxrename" in the usual places.  The main VICE package is also being updated.

Thanks for reacting so fast, I just had the same problem with gb64_xboxrename crashing all the time.

However I just downloaded the new version, but it still doesn't seem to work. It doesn't crash anymore but after about 30 seconds it just stops doing anything without creating the "CONVERTGIF.BAT" file.

I think I did everything correct, first I choose the games.dat file (the one from the gamebase_v3_dats.zip file), I click on "Start Renaming", choose a picture from the Windows picture-set (a gif-file), and during the next step, I move into an empty directory, type a few letters and OK. Now gb64_xboxrename seems to be doing something but only for about 30 seconds. No "CONVERTGIF.BAT" was created next to the games.dat file (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Is this another bug or am I doing something wrong?

XPort

• Archived User
Vice64x V6
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2006, 06:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(althena @ Jul 19 2006, 04:59 PM) View Post

Thanks for reacting so fast, I just had the same problem with gb64_xboxrename crashing all the time.

However I just downloaded the new version, but it still doesn't seem to work. It doesn't crash anymore but after about 30 seconds it just stops doing anything without creating the "CONVERTGIF.BAT" file.

I think I did everything correct, first I choose the games.dat file (the one from the gamebase_v3_dats.zip file), I click on "Start Renaming", choose a picture from the Windows picture-set (a gif-file), and during the next step, I move into an empty directory, type a few letters and OK. Now gb64_xboxrename seems to be doing something but only for about 30 seconds. No "CONVERTGIF.BAT" was created next to the games.dat file sad.gif

Is this another bug or am I doing something wrong?

CONVERTGIF.BAT is not put in the same directory as the games.dat file - it's put in the directory that you specified as the location where you want things written.

althena

• Archived User
Vice64x V6
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2006, 09:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(XPort @ Jul 20 2006, 01:32 AM) *

CONVERTGIF.BAT is not put in the same directory as the games.dat file - it's put in the directory that you specified as the location where you want things written.

OK I found it, thank you very much for the fast reply (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Hmm, in the readme it says "When it finishes, it will have created a CONVERTGIF.BAT file in the same directory
as the GAMES.DAT file you specified." (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) Or do I missunderstand here something   (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

Anyway, I am happy everything seems to be working now and my Vice4x will be shiny soon  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/love.gif)

wizzel

• Archived User
Vice64x V6
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006, 04:33:00 AM »

Hi there folks,
just updated my XBox with all the games, screenshots & music-stuff for Vice64X.  smile.gif

When i select a game and press the black button, i only hear the select.wav file
and then... nothing! (The corresponding sid-tune does not start playing!)  blink.gif

Before you ask - all paths are set correctly and i remember having the sid-files
playing correctly in Vice64X v4. However I can see the screenshots and select/play
all games correctly with gamebase v3.

Does anybody have an idea why the sid-music is not playing?  uhh.gif
Help is really appreciated!

Thanks in advance.  happy.gif

Jetset Willy

• Archived User
Vice64x V6
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2006, 11:17:00 AM »

Same thing for me, no music anymore. Also after installing v5 games in the gamebase beginning with an "a" can´t be loaded any more, they are just reported as "not found". I´m probably just done a stupid error but can anyone tell if they got these things working before i pull anymore hair out tracking down the error.

althena

• Archived User
Vice64x V6
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2006, 12:56:00 PM »

Seems that the sid-files are also not working for me.
I finally found some time to upload my gamebase v3 set, no problems with the games (also letter a) and the screenshots. But when I press the black button just the default bgm of the skin stops but not the sid music instead. I checked the paths now many times and tried many games but no luck so far sad.gif

Would be great, if you could have a look on this soon, I really like these sid-file music anyway and I was really looking forward to listening to them in vice64x smile.gif

XPort

• Archived User
Vice64x V6
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2006, 02:00:00 PM »

I see the problem with SIDs - a fix will be out later today.  

WRT the gamebase "A" games not playing - that sounds like a configuration problem.  Press the BLACK button on one of the A games that no longer works, look at the filename, and then check to make sure that it actually exists on your HD/media.  "A"s are treated exactly the same as any other letter, so the problem is most likely with your setup.

wizzel

• Archived User
Vice64x V6
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2006, 10:52:00 PM »

Hey there again!

Does anyone of you know what's this about?

The readme for v6 says:

- Added option for stereo SID

I looked inside the .ini and checked all menus but couldn't find
anything about it.

For me, i guess it means that SIDs will be played in Stereo when selected with 'BLACK' ?

I'm eagerly awaiting XPort's fix for the SID-Playback-Problem.  cool.gif

althena

• Archived User
Vice64x V6
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2006, 01:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(XPort @ Jul 20 2006, 09:07 PM) View Post

I see the problem with SIDs - a fix will be out later today.  

I never had any doubts about this smile.gif