xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Blissx Current Discussion  (Read 158 times)

XPort

• Archived User
Blissx Current Discussion
« on: August 28, 2004, 11:09:00 AM »

This is the main discussion thread for the most recent version of BlissX.

Use this thread to do any of the following:

Ask a question about BlissX
Report a bug about BlissX
Submit a feature request for BlissX

Do not use this thread to post about projects other than BlissX.
Do not post questions/bug reports/feature requests without first reading the FAQs for BlissX.
Do not ask where these projects can be downloaded.

Rule violators will get one warning. After that, you will be temporarily or permanently banned depending on the situation.  I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but it has taken me a cumulatively long time to write the FAQs for these projects.  If you cannot do me the courtesy of taking the time to read them, then I do not want you posting here.

This thread will be pruned/cleaned periodically.  If you had a question in this thread and it is now gone, then it was either in violation of the rules or your answer can now be found in the FAQs section.

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 05:09:00 AM »

Slight correction.  This can only be gotten around by unmapping the left analog stick completely.

Unless (obviously) this problem is addressed/fixed.

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 05:07:00 PM »

Just noticed that the sound gets a little wonky with some games.  The volume will get real loud, and then real quiet, etc.

It's most obvious in the game Carnival.  Not sure if the PC bliss had this problem as well.  Also realized that save states are currently not implemented as well.

Sirmatto

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 09:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(madmab @ Mar 28 2006, 04:14 PM) View Post

Just noticed that the sound gets a little wonky with some games.  The volume will get real loud, and then real quiet, etc.

It's most obvious in the game Carnival.  Not sure if the PC bliss had this problem as well.  Also realized that save states are currently not implemented as well.

Well, since BlissX was made, the PC version has jumped from 1.9d to 2.0.4, so I imagine with that big of a number change that there were a bunch of fixes, and if Xport gets around to updating BlissX, I'm sure he'll update the sources.

brutalboy

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 06:35:00 AM »

Hi There,

I would like to know if someone can provide me its .KEY file for Blissx. I got many problems trying to bypass the left thumpstick problem.

Thank

madmab

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 12:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(brutalboy @ Mar 30 2006, 08:42 AM) View Post

Hi There,

I would like to know if someone can provide me its .KEY file for Blissx. I got many problems trying to bypass the left thumpstick problem.

Thank

Go into the configuration menu, configure controllers, controller 1, change joypad mappings, game mappings and reassign 0-3 to something else like the d-pad.

It's not that hard to do and your gonna need to learn to do it anyways with intellivision games.

Sp3eD

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 11:37:00 AM »

Intellivoice support and this emulator would be perfect.  I know you said in a 2004 post that it would be impossible, but hopefully the new 2.0.4 sources are a bit easier smile.gif

Other then that perfect emulator!

kwkbox

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2006, 10:06:00 PM »

I don't know if my problem with the emulator is the same as described above but I have tried the recommended fix and the only fix that seems to work is deleting my blissx.ini file in the save everytime I want to play a rom on the intellivision emulator. If I don't for example all games do not work properly control wise such as every time I go to play burger time it immediately skips the first intro screen as if I hit start but I didn't hit start. Why are the mappings all screwed up on this emulator? If the mappings were working correctly then I could happily say this is a great emulator but until I get this fixed I can not play much. Can someone send my a fixed file for this problem or please walk me through it? Thank you.

Cospefogo

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 04:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(madmab @ Mar 30 2006, 05:59 PM) View Post

Go into the configuration menu, configure controllers, controller 1, change joypad mappings, game mappings and reassign 0-3 to something else like the d-pad.

It's not that hard to do and your gonna need to learn to do it anyways with intellivision games.

Ooh...
Poor me.
After tasting COLECO, AMIGA and C64 I was eager to learn more about the INTELLIVISION world.
Just got a GOODMERGED set this afternoon, downloaded the latest BLISSX and oooooohh...
The MAPPING are completely strange.

I can't insert 1, 2 and 3 correctly...
Also, there is no VIRTUAL KEYBOARD, right?
I try to call it and nothing happens.

Besides I tried to map 0-1-2-3 to combos like BLACK + A, BLACK +B, BLACK + Y, BLACK +X
but the emulator also does not accept it.

My big problem is --- I can't map ANYTHING to D-PAD since I use Saturn Pads,
and of course, they don't have a analog stick. So, my D-PAD is for the D-Pad functions.

At least some games I can play.
But some not.

Looking forward for a future release...
Maybe one where the virtual keyboard works, then we will be done!

Regards,
Cospefogo.

Cospefogo

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 08:09:00 PM »

Also,

Some games are freezing my Xbox on loading.
I tried several times and they ever lock up everything, both in old V5 and in 2007/11's V6.

Names I remember:
B-17 Bomber (1981).int
Buzz Bombers (1982).int
Executive ROM (1978).int

I stoped playing on letter E.
Later I will check more.

Cospefogo.

Cospefogo

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2008, 04:36:00 AM »

Yes, overlays, good.

About my set, it was - FULL Intellivision -- Mattel (GoodINTV 2.03)[GoodMerged].
About the intellivoice games problem, I was aware, but had no idea that
they could freeze the xbox. Also, my set does not identify (in the rom name)
what are those games.

I will check wikipedia and google to learn more about intellivoice and erase them
from my actual romset (to avoid more freezing!)

Thanks Madmab,
Cospefogo.

Cospefogo

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2008, 04:57:00 AM »

Only five games:

* Space Spartans
    * Bomb Squad
    * B-17 Bomber
    * Tron: Solar Sailer
    * World Series Major League Baseball

Cool.
I will eradicate them now from the face of the earth.
TZIMMMM (Laser sound!)

Done.
No more freezing on my BLISSX.
Cospefogo.