xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Arnoldx Current Discussion  (Read 253 times)

XPort

• Archived User
Arnoldx Current Discussion
« on: August 28, 2004, 11:08:00 AM »

This is the main discussion thread for the most recent version of ArnoldX.

Use this thread to do any of the following:

Ask a question about ArnoldX
Report a bug about ArnoldX
Submit a feature request for ArnoldX

Do not use this thread to post about projects other than ArnoldX.
Do not post questions/bug reports/feature requests without first reading the FAQs for ArnoldX.
Do not ask where these projects can be downloaded.

Rule violators will get one warning. After that, you will be temporarily or permanently banned depending on the situation.  I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but it has taken me a cumulatively long time to write the FAQs for these projects.  If you cannot do me the courtesy of taking the time to read them, then I do not want you posting here.

This thread will be pruned/cleaned periodically.  If you had a question in this thread and it is now gone, then it was either in violation of the rules or your answer can now be found in the FAQs section.

predator002

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 02:23:00 AM »

Thanks Xport for creating this excellent emulator!

I can once again play target renegade on the big screen!

But I've noticed a problem which I don't remember being on the original Amstrad. When playing Rocky Horror Show, when the screen has more than one sprite on screen, the game will seriously slow down.

The slowdown has happened during other games aswell but not all. If thats the way it is supposed to be, thats fine but just letting you know incase its not.

Another problem I've found is that the emu will not allow controller configs for only one game. Even if I choose no for the global overwrite, it still does.

Also thanks for adding the turbo button as when pressed, it gives brilliant framerates to racing games like Super Monaco GP.

Great emu!

Predator002

A600

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2004, 01:46:00 PM »

QUOTE (predator002 @ Sep 17 2004, 10:26 AM)
But I've noticed a problem which I don't remember being on the original Amstrad. When playing Rocky Horror Show, when the screen has more than one sprite on screen, the game will seriously slow down.

The slowdown has happened during other games aswell but not all. If thats the way it is supposed to be, thats fine but just letting you know incase its not.

I know I'm breaking the rules but here I go:

Caprice32 is the CPC emu: has better sound, better compatibility and is faster. I thought that Caprice32 was a lot slower because in my Athlon 1200 only ran at 20 fps but after deleting the cap32.cfg and update my video drivers it now runs at 350 fps with the max speed option enabled ohmy.gif

bluntwrap

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2005, 02:32:00 PM »

hi can you help me please, i have arnoldx v2 for my xbox but i dont know how to load in the games. the emulator loads in and i can selest the game,but from there after i become extremly stuck. i can get the amstrad main screen on and type run"" and enter but then nothing happens i relise there must be a technique so if some one can help i will be very gratefull

niknice

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2005, 06:47:00 PM »

Yeah, I`ve got the same problem. I get a blank screen whenever I try to run a .cpr image. Anybody know the process of getting the cartridge files to load???

Many thanx in advance

Pepz

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 12:24:00 PM »

The problem I have is that the games load but I can't seem to get to play any of them! Can you help me please? Thanks!

XPort

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 05:18:00 AM »

To the people who can't get games to run - I suggest familiarizing yourself with the PC version of Arnold first.  I suspect that once you understand how game-playing works on the PC version that you'll understand the XBox version as well.

(I don't know enough off-hand knowledge about Arnold or the CPC to give detailed answers.)

If I have time I will probably replace this with a better project (like Caprice32 as A600 mentioned - unless there is a better one now.)

zorglub

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 02:22:00 AM »

Still loving it, all my games at .DSK format runs flawlessly

Retroplay

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2007, 10:19:00 AM »

No complaints here either.  smile.gif

Retroplay

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 01:10:00 PM »

Does anybody else experience lockups in 720x576 mode ?
I was trying to calibrate screen with correct aspect ratio without tearing and had to use 720x576 because I got alot of overscan in 480i.
Now, I can switch to 720x576 and resize screen and play the game.
If I exit the game and try to run it again immediately after the XBOX locks up.  sad.gif
Reverted back to 480i and all is good except I can't resize screen without getting alot of overscan.

Cospefogo

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2008, 03:44:00 AM »

Finally I am able to post here (Yes: looks like the Forum server is having a lot of trouble recently)!

I just got a complete GoodMerged set for ArnoldX (thousands of hundreds of .DSK roms)
and will start checking them this afternoon. But since there are tooooo many games,
I think I will keep only a capped version of the set, only with the good old platformers,
shmups and arcade games.

And yet - does anybody knows where I can get some complete pack of screnshots for
Amstrad CPC? I don't want to spend the rest of my days taking pictures on this system...
Too many games!

Thanks guys,
Cospefogo.

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2008, 05:56:00 AM »

I don't know how many actual games there are for Amstrad CPC, but I took the list from Wikipedia and put it in a spreadsheet.  They only list less than 500 games for it there.  Maybe it's a "best of" list..... If you want access to edit the spreadsheet, just let me know.

Here it is:  Amstrad CPC Compatibility List

I haven't seen any screencaps.  I'll keep an eye out for you though.

Later,
~Rx

Cospefogo

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2008, 06:27:00 AM »

Hey guys...
I was in a bit of a hurry when I first posted here asking about ArnoldX.
I did took more time, some research on Google and also inspected my GoodMerged romset,
well... most of the roms are severeal versions of other versions, different dumps, proto,
betas, yadda yadda yadda, a real HELL of garbage (in my opinion).

Then, I dumped out the package and started looking for nice reviews and manual
downloads, and in the end of my hunt I got a very comfy directory with exactly
200 games. Only the cream (for my taste).

THE place to get nice info about the CPC games is this one:
http://www.cpcgamereviews.com/

Please notice that - under each "letter" - sometimes you have several pages of reviews.

Well, now that I got my humble personal selection of games, I will star screenshoting
and testing them in the afternoon. Looking forward for that!

By the way, Thanks RX!!!
Cospefogo.

PS. Whenever is possible, I like to UNZIP my roms, but looking inside some CPC Zip
I see sometimes more than one .DSK file --- of course it is because the game has
two disks or two sides.

But the strange thing is that some games has the following:
greml2sa.dsk (Maybe for the SIDEA)
greml2sb.dsk (Maybe for the SIDEB)
gremli2e.dsk (And this one?)

Other example:
amce.dsk
amcs.dsk

"e" and "s"?
What they stand for?

This post has been edited by Cospefogo: Nov 14 2008, 02:34 PM

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2008, 07:15:00 AM »

Hope you get your questions answered there.  I don't know anything about the system.

Are you going to be making documentation for your testing while you go along?  No point in us both doing the work.  I'd hate to have to go and test from scratch when I finally get around to the CPC.

Cospefogo

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2008, 07:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(ressurectionx @ Nov 14 2008, 12:51 PM) View Post

Hope you get your questions answered there.  I don't know anything about the system.

Are you going to be making documentation for your testing while you go along?  No point in us both doing the work.  I'd hate to have to go and test from scratch when I finally get around to the CPC.

Hey man,
No no... I will not make any documentations, sorry.
I am at the moment working to release soon the www.fancyxbox.info and also
doing more skins for systems I have not covered before.

And most of the time, I don't keep full romsets in my collection,
I grab only the games that I really would like to play (or at least to keep in the Xbox),
so any documentation from my part could be very not-complete to the
standards of most of the people around...

But of course I can report any bugs and other feedback regarding
the emulator... It is a pleasure to do that!

Best,
Cospefogo.
Pages: [1] 2