xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: What Is Your Favorite Xbmc Skin? (fixed)  (Read 553 times)

Rotfloljfk

• Archived User
What Is Your Favorite Xbmc Skin? (fixed)
« on: February 07, 2007, 01:33:00 PM »

if you choose the last one... WHY????

Nubbs

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 01:38:00 PM »

Too bad you cant choose more thaqn one.

Rotfloljfk

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 01:43:00 PM »

seriously. I guess you could look at it in a matter of if only one existed, which one would you want

This post has been edited by Rotfloljfk: Feb 7 2007, 09:45 PM

Nubbs

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 01:50:00 PM »

Clearity i guess untill mc360 1.0 or xTV 1.0

Rotfloljfk

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 01:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(Nubbs @ Feb 7 2007, 03:21 PM) View Post

Clearity i guess untill mc360 1.0 or xTV 1.0

you should vote!

rramoutar

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 10:52:00 PM »

I really like Blackbolt Classic and I have been keeping an eye on Clearity and xTV...but I keep coming back to PMIII. I don't think I will ever switch from PMIII, but I do wish the default skin would borrow some element from other populars skins e.g. (in no particular order)

1. Integrated lyrics button
2. DVD view like in Blackbolt Classic
3. Integrated Radar under Weather like in Blackbolt Classic
4. When you are watching a video or music vis and press the white button, I really like the display that comes up in the PDM skin with the progress bar and like how the progress bar shows when you go back to the home screen.
5. Big Icons on the side, again like Blackbolt classic
6. Could use some prettier menu sounds (I use the ones from xTV)

Additionally I would like some scripts put into XBMC by default such as the submenu editor script and the XBMC Installer Script (there was a version of this that integrated quite nicely)

I do know how to accomplish much of what I list above myself...but I put on nearly every SVN build and it gets to be a pain in the ass (or maybe I'm just lazy) and scripts get broken every now and then.

But as I indicated PMIII is the still the best in my opinion.

This post has been edited by rramoutar: Feb 8 2007, 06:55 AM

spokenrope

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 10:19:00 AM »

I like my shit simple, so xTV is by far my favorite right now.  I'm really looking forward to the new one from team blackbolt though.  MC360 is so polished, it's just a little busy for my tastes.

edwinmcdunlap

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2007, 10:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(spokenrope @ Feb 8 2007, 10:50 AM) View Post

I like my shit simple, so xTV is by far my favorite right now.  I'm really looking forward to the new one from team blackbolt though.  MC360 is so polished, it's just a little busy for my tastes.

I agree. xTV is nice and simple smile.gif

CHI3f

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2007, 07:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(spokenrope @ Feb 8 2007, 11:50 AM) View Post

QUOTE(edwinmcdunlap @ Feb 8 2007, 12:53 PM) View Post

I agree. xTV is nice and simple smile.gif

You guys have good taste tongue.gif

Nubbs

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2007, 07:56:00 PM »

For now xTV is the bomb.

Coolgamer30

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2007, 03:14:00 PM »

It was a close call between Clearity and xTV but in the end I chose Clearity.  Sorry CHI3f

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2007, 10:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(Nubbs @ Feb 9 2007, 01:27 PM) View Post

For now xTV is the bomb.

Thats the problem with these polls they tend to go on whatever is newest and most current and different because its what people use
For example if it was done the day after mc360 1.0 was out I'm sure it would win hands down not because its any better than other skins but its because its what people have installed at the time and think its neat
Same goes for if it was done a little after Clearity came out

Anyway Come on people only 3 for Blackbolt Classic sad.gif and one of those was me  biggrin.gif

XBNormUK

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2007, 11:04:00 AM »

I suppose my vote goes to PM3 simpy cos the rest are not and i fear never will be as complete.

I also suppose i better explain that before certain people start crying! lol
I agree with what Jezz said to an extent, but in my opinion the biggest prob at the mo with all the skins that have and are materializing is that when compared to PM3 they are always lacking something in terms of functionality, be it bugfixes or features.
If the other skins had these issues ironed out I think more people would use them as default for a long duration of time. As it happens, there is always a reason to flip back on to PM3 so in the end its a case of why keep swapping.
Example being that I love xtv at the mo, however it lacks the GSM script, the controls when watching movies are too small and the file explorer is buggy, so i need to use PM3 for all those functions.
Clearity is looking promising and i know once finished Smoke will create something really really nice with this one, but at the mo i find it a bit too buggy. I am also likeing the look of fluidmans work a lot and have high hopes for that skin too!
I love Hades skin but not sure I can vote for that until its updated with new view types. (Get a move on, u should know u arent allowed a life by now!! ;-) lol)
No doubt the v1.0 release of MC360 will be an exciting time for those still anticipating it with a passion, but Im afraid that whilst being caught up in the excitement of the whole skin and what it could do when it first materialised, I feel it is too busy and like most people am also now following the current trend of simplicity and a nice sleek dash.
That said, in 6 months time we will probs all be bored of black and blue everywhere and still using PM3 cos its the only one which still works properly! ;-)

So yeah, PM3 for me.

This post has been edited by XBNormUK: Feb 10 2007, 07:11 PM

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2007, 11:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(XBNormUK @ Feb 11 2007, 04:35 AM) View Post

I suppose my vote goes to PM3 simpy cos the rest are not and i fear never will be as complete.

I also suppose i better explain that before certain people start crying! lol
I agree with what Jezz said to an extent, but in my opinion the biggest prob at the mo with all the skins that have and are materializing is that when compared to PM3 they are always lacking something in terms of functionality, be it bugfixes or features.
That said, in 6 months time we will probs all be bored of black and blue everywhere and still using PM3 cos its the only one which still works properly! ;-)

So yeah, PM3 for me.

Ok thats not very good reasoning infact currently PM3 is behind on new features as far as prettyness goes (i'm working on fixing that)  Second and I can't speak for all here but Blackbolt Classic skin in the Skinning SVN is 100% Compatible with current XBMC SVN and is constanly updated to support new stuff infact it even beats PM3 some times because I use Blackbolt classic as the test bed for the changes I make to PM3 because it saves me making errors in the default skin (WideIcons, List2 and so on)

Anyway thats my rant

rramoutar

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2007, 11:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ Feb 10 2007, 02:13 PM) View Post

Ok thats not very good reasoning infact currently PM3 is behind on new features as far as prettyness goes (i'm working on fixing that)

Care to expand those prettyness fixings biggrin.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6