xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Xbmc Streaming Tv Pack  (Read 553 times)

timdog82001

• Archived User
Xbmc Streaming Tv Pack
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2006, 05:04:00 PM »

I just checked a few on the computer, and they work for me.  Maybe there's something weird with your internet connection or your router?  Who knows, but other people here have reported that they still work fine on older builds, I have yet to try this though.  I've just been too busy lately to even bother watching anything.  I'm sure the problem will be rectified soon anyway.  By the way, I just found a huge new collection of tv streams (about 50 anime and 125 or so tv show stations) but they're all subscription (7 or 8 bucks a month  for just the tv shows, like 12 with the anime) and I don't think you can watch anything for free like you can with ess.tv.  If you guys are REALLy interested, I might be willing to go through all those, I dunno though, cause I'm not so sure I would even use it, because I rather prefer not paying for things, and that would really take a pretty long time, and I don't exactly have a surplus of that at the moment.  So let me know if you guys realllly want this.  Maybe a small paypal donation would encourage me to go through with it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) haha

PS:  spookywillow:  When you tried them on your computer, what did you do?  Did you open the.strm files and copy and paste the url into the browser?  I'm not sure what it says if that stream doesn't exist anymore (probably 404 page not found or something similar) but if it just said "400 server full" or something like that, it means the stream is definitely working but just that it can't take any more viewers at the moment.  Also, I'm not sure, but you may have to have winamp or VLC or something similar installed on your computer for it to work, since it would carry the appropriate codecs or plug-ins or whatever.  Winamp literally invented the format most of these streams use.

EDIT:  Here is a list of shows that those new streams offer.  I imagine that since it's a subscribtion service, they make sure there's always room in any given server, so you'll never experience a full room or get booted out like happens with free stations.  I imagine that if you watch a fair amount of tv t his might be worth it.  Also, by the way, they said the streams are around 200+ kbps, but that they're extremely compressed, so they probably are pretty close to the quality of the ess.tv stations for those of you who have seen anything on there.  Also, these also are of course commercial free and each program has a dedicated station that it runs on 24/7, with newest episodes added "within a couple of days."

TV Shows

24,    Absolutely Fabulous,    Airwolf,    Alias,    American Dad,    Angel,    Anime,    Aqua Teen Hunger Force,    Arrested Development,    Babylon 5,    Battlestar Galactica,    Black Books,    Blackadder,    BoSelecta,    Boston Legal,    Bottom,    Brass Eye,    Buffy,    Chappelle Show,    Charmed,    Classic Cartoons,    Coupling,    Crusade,    CSI,    CSI Miami,    CSI NewYork,    Curb Your Enthusiasm,    Daria,    Dark Angel,    Dead Ringers,    Desperate Housewives,    Documentaries,    Dr Who,    Duckman,    Family Guy,    Farscape,    Father Ted,    Fawtly Towers,    Firefly,    Friends,    Futurama,    Galactica 1980,    Garth Marenghis Darkplace,    Gilmore Girls,    Highlander,    Home Improvement,    House,    Im Alan Partridge,    Invasion,    Jake 2.0,    Jeeves and Wooster,    Joey,    Kenan and Kel,    King of the Hill,    Knightmare,    Knight Rider,    Knowing Me Knowing You with Alan Partridge,    Las Vegas,    Law and Order,    Law and Order Trial by Jury,    Little Britain,    Lost,    Malcolm in the Middle,    Manchild,    Married With Children,    Max and Paddys Road To Nowhere,    Men Behaving Badly,    Monk,    Monkey Dust,    Monkey Magic,    Monty Pythons Flying Circus,    Mystery Science Theatre 3000,    My Name Is Earl,    Myth Busters,    News Radio,    Navy Ncis,    Nip Tuck,    Only Fools and Horses,    Phoenix Nights,    Pinky and the Brain,    Police Squad,    Prison Break,    QI - Quite Interesting,    Quantum Leap,    Red Dwarf,    Ren and Stimpy,    Rescue Me,    Ripping Yarns,    Robin of Sherwood,    Rocko’s Modern Life,    Scrubs,    Sealab 2021,    SeaQuest DSV,    Seinfeld,    Smallville,    South Park,    Star Trek - Original Series,    Star Trek Deep Space Nine,    Star Trek Enterprise,    Star Trek The Next Generation,    Star Trek Voyager,    Supernatural,    Time Team,    Titty Bang Bang,    That 70's Show,    That 80's Show,    The 4400,    The ComicStrip,    The Hitch Hikers,    The King of Queens,    The Mighty Boosh,    The OC,    The Outer Limits,    The Simpsons,    The Tick,    The Tick Live Action Series,    The Trailer Park Boys,    The Venture Bros,    The Vicar of Dibley,    The West Wing,    The X-Files,    The Young Ones,    Titty Bang Bang,    Tru Calling,    Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps,    Vic Reeves Big Night Out,    Whose Line Is It Anyway,    Whose Line Is It Anyway UK

Anime / Manga

2x2 Shinobuden,    AIR TV,    Bakuretsu Tenshi,    Basilisk,    Bleach,    Blue Submarine No 6,    Bottle Fairy,    Chrono Crusade,    Elfen Lied,    Full Metal Panic,    Full Metal Panic Fumoffu,    Full Metal Panic The Second Raid,    Great Teacher Onizuka,    Grenadier,    Gundam Seed,    Gundam Seed Destiny,    Gunslinger Girl,    Hanaukyo Maids La Verite,    Hanaukyo Maids Tai,    Hunter X Hunter,    I My Me Strawberry Eggs,    Initial D Stage 4,    Kimiga Nozomu Eien,    Kitahe Diamond Dust Drops,    Last Exile,    Mai Hime,    MariasamagaMiteru,    Mezzo DSA,    Midorino Hibi,    Mouse,    Naruto,    Pita Ten,    Pretear,    RahXephon,    Rizelmine,    Rizelmine II,    Rurouni Kenshin,    School Rumble,    Scrapped Princess,    Shingetsutan Tsukihime,    Shuffle,    Stratos 4,    Suzuka,    Tenchi No Shippo Chu,    The Law Of Ueki,    To Heart,    Tsubasa Chronicle,    Wild Arms TV,    Yakitate Japan,    Yumeria

This post has been edited by timdog82001: Jun 14 2006, 12:12 AM

spookywillow

• Archived User
Xbmc Streaming Tv Pack
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2006, 01:54:00 AM »

well on the xbox every one i tried just made the xbox lock up as soon as i clicked them and i had to reset every time.  the only one that would work was BBC's liquid news and that buffered 98% and then just froze.

when i try them on my pc i just get "page cannot be displayed" sad.gif

timdog82001

• Archived User
Xbmc Streaming Tv Pack
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2006, 03:53:00 AM »

Hmm...Well, that's pretty strange.  This may sound like a no brainer, but you are certain that you have internet right?  You can get RSS feeds and the weather?  Anyway, it sounds to me like its either a problem with the network where xbmc isn't seeing the internet, or a problem with the build.  My advice would be just to hang on to the pack for a week or two (hopefully they have this fixed by next week) and then give it a shot when we've got a working version of xbmc.

spookywillow

• Archived User
Xbmc Streaming Tv Pack
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2006, 05:04:00 AM »

yeah i get my RSS feeds and weather just fine.

if you know of one that works 100% could you post it up and i'll try just that one and then we'll know if its a settings problem wink.gif

mike315

• Archived User
Xbmc Streaming Tv Pack
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2006, 01:22:00 PM »

timdog just an fyi:

312 people have downloaded your stream pack since may 8th from my site here:

http://antihero.com/...treaming_TV.rar

So people are definately using it...

Good job. smile.gif

dpbmt

• Archived User
Xbmc Streaming Tv Pack
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2006, 02:09:00 PM »

where do i put them? i had them the other day on my box then it went wrong so i done a fresh install
and cant remember/cant find where to put them?

timdog82001

• Archived User
Xbmc Streaming Tv Pack
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2006, 04:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(spookywillow @ Jun 14 2006, 12:11 PM) View Post

yeah i get my RSS feeds and weather just fine.

if you know of one that works 100% could you post it up and i'll try just that one and then we'll know if its a settings problem wink.gif

If you mean a stream that works 100%, try the GBS.tv stations.  They're under comedy in the Video Clips folder.  There are like 4 or 5 different streams of the same exact content so traffic gets split up between them and I've never had a problem getting into at least one of those stations.

QUOTE(dpbmt @ Jun 14 2006, 08:40 PM) View Post

where do i put them? i had them the other day on my box then it went wrong so i done a fresh install
and cant remember/cant find where to put them?

A fresh install of xbmc or your entire xbox?  Assuming it was just xbmc, they should still be on your xbox, unless you put them in the xbmc folder, which isn't necessary.  You can put them absolutelly anywhere, it doesn't matter in the least, just as long as you can access them from xbmc.  I have it on the root directory of my E drive, others have it in F, you could even put it in C or G if you have a G.  Just put it wherever you like, and then make a link to it in the Video Section as explained on the first page in this thread.  But, as mentioned, if you have a new version of xbmc, the streams won't work, something's screwed up in the latest builds, but I'm sure it will be fixed shortly.

QUOTE(mike315 @ Jun 14 2006, 08:29 PM) View Post

timdog just an fyi:

312 people have downloaded your stream pack since may 8th from my site here:

http://antihero.com/...treaming_TV.rar

So people are definately using it...

Good job. smile.gif

rad, sweet to hear.  Thanks for putting up the mirror too by the way

timdog82001

• Archived User
Xbmc Streaming Tv Pack
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2006, 07:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(t3ch)

- 12-06-2006 fixed: .strm files failed to play.

Just an FYI, according to the changelog from today's t3ch release of xbmc, the .strm problem has been fixed.  I have yet to update and try it out though.

Also, due to a lack of response of any kind, I take it nobody's interested in all those 150 or so new stations I found I mentioned a couple of posts back?

philbee

• Archived User
Xbmc Streaming Tv Pack
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2006, 03:26:00 PM »

have the newest build of xbmc released today and the esstv streams still dont work for me, i have weather and movie trailer ,rss feeds etc but when i select any of the ess.tv strm files the blade comes out trying to connect but then goes back in and im still in the ess.tv list. xbmc doesnt lock up or anything, i can continue on to select another and the exact sma ething will happen. Any idea what im doing wrong?

Just checked a few on my pc, they all seemed to have reached their user limit so this must be whats happening when using xbmc.

This post has been edited by philbee: Jun 19 2006, 10:32 PM

Azin

• Archived User
Xbmc Streaming Tv Pack
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2006, 03:38:00 PM »

It dont work for me, so dont feel left out..!

timdog82001

• Archived User
Xbmc Streaming Tv Pack
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2006, 11:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(philbee @ Jun 19 2006, 09:57 PM) *

Just checked a few on my pc, they all seemed to have reached their user limit so this must be whats happening when using xbmc.

yeah, the ess.tv streams are extremely popular.  If you go to the ess.tv website (which is just http://ess.tv i think, or something very similar, it might be a www, not sure), you can pay 5 dollars to be a monthly subscriber which pretty much guarantees you a spot, same as that other site i mentioned a couple of posts up.  Usually, if you check all the ess.tv streams, at least one or two of them work, especially bullshit and newsradio are frequently open, but if you really want to watch them, you gotta choke up the five bucks.  It's not that much really, just skip lunch one day a month haha

lordsnipe

• Archived User
Xbmc Streaming Tv Pack
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2006, 06:44:00 AM »

thanks for the streampack! the ess.tv streams are good (when i can connect).

The new streams look interesting!

timdog82001

• Archived User
Xbmc Streaming Tv Pack
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2006, 10:25:00 PM »

I haven't done anything on this recently, but I figured I should bump this back up to the top.

jonboy666

• Archived User
Xbmc Streaming Tv Pack
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2006, 12:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(timdog82001 @ Jun 18 2006, 09:07 PM) View Post

Also, due to a lack of response of any kind, I take it nobody's interested in all those 150 or so new stations I found I mentioned a couple of posts back?

Any chance of an update with all the new stations? I am very interested, As im sure their are others too who simply missed your post.

timdog82001

• Archived User
Xbmc Streaming Tv Pack
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2006, 04:39:00 PM »

Well I never tackled trying to add all those stations because pretty much nobody seemed interested, and since it's a subscriber thing, you'd have to pay for it, even though the cost is minimal.  Is anybody else here interested?? SPEAK NOW!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4