xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Freezing  (Read 83 times)

1shot1kill

• Archived User
Freezing
« on: July 04, 2004, 12:01:00 PM »

I tried to search first but it seems to not be working right now.

My problem is this;

When I select XBMC in my Evox menu it starts to load then stops. I have to power the xbox off then on again and when I select XBMC the second time it runs fine.

Now I had this problem with my XBMP but thought it would go away switching to using XBMC but it didn't.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as it is a pain to have to always reboot my xbox to use XBMC.

Thanks,

1shot1kill

SigTom

• Archived User
Freezing
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2004, 02:37:00 PM »

FTP in and delete the XBMC dir.  Go to the MSDash and delete any and all gamesaves for XBMC. Then reinstall XBMC (after making any needed changes to the XML), should boot up.

1shot1kill

• Archived User
Freezing
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2004, 04:01:00 PM »

QUOTE (SigTom @ Jul 4 2004, 11:30 PM)
FTP in and delete the XBMC dir.  Go to the MSDash and delete any and all gamesaves for XBMC. Then reinstall XBMC (after making any needed changes to the XML), should boot up.

Thanks SigTom for the quick reply!

I followed the directions in the readme in the newest XBMC and deleted everything in the XBMC dir except for the XboxMediaCenter.xml but the freeze still happens.

Why does it do this? and it always works after one reboot.

I'm not sure what you mean by the MSdash and what are xbmc saves?

I look forward to your reply!

Many thanks again for your patience with a newbie.

1shot1kill

SigTom

• Archived User
Freezing
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2004, 04:04:00 PM »

MSDash, the Dashboard that comes stock with the XBox...the first time you turned on the XBox after you bought it, before it was modded, it went to the MSDash, and you go to Memory-Game Saves I believe.  Just load up your Stock BIOS and it will boot to it.  

Delete the XML as well, use the one that came with the XBMC you installed, and edit that XML to reflect any changes you need.  

1shot1kill

• Archived User
Freezing
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2004, 03:18:00 PM »

Thanks I'll give that a try.

So why exactly why does it freeze like that. I'm curious to know.

Thanks,

1shot1kill :blink:  

punqewe

• Archived User
Freezing
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2004, 10:52:00 PM »

In the gamesaves xbmc has it's 'settings' stored...and when you install another version it want's to use different 'setings' but with two sets it kinda fights with itself and can't decide what to do. It's like having two aprents yelling at you and they're both saying different stuff.

gronne

• Archived User
Freezing
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2004, 07:18:00 AM »

I had a similar problem. But mine wouldn't load whatsoever. I knew it had to do with xbmc not being able to install the setting-files in t/u-data. So I upgraded my bios with a softmod, and now I'm back with the old bios and can run xbmc because now the files are there(I installed the new bios as an app).

So I'd recommend you to upgrade your bios.

JayDee

• Archived User
Freezing
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2004, 07:51:00 AM »

1: Turn off Evo-X IGR
2: Freezing is not bios related.
3: If evo-x uses dhcp for networking make sure xbmc do the same. If evo-x have static ip make sure xbmc uses the same static ip.
4: Read the xbmc.log and/or xbmc_old.log in the XBMC dir