xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Team Blackbolt: The MC360 Guide - Magical!  (Read 210 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Team Blackbolt: The MC360 Guide - Magical!
« on: June 09, 2006, 11:18:00 PM »

Team Blackbolt: The MC360 Guide - Magical!-- Posted by XanTium on June 10 00:42 EST
From Blackbolt on blackbolt.x-scene.com:

Hello boys & girls, its BB here, I thought I would just make a new post to keep you guys upto date on the progress we are making. The first BETA may have been released already, but it doesnt mean the skin is gonna slow down. We promised ourselves time away from skinning but the massive response we had, none of the team could keep from skinning hehe. Many Many changes have gone in, Disable Background Animation, Game Save Manager Fixes, Quicktime fixes, visual enhancements etc. When we next put out a beta, it will be alot better with many of the features you have requested on the forums. We would also like to thank everyone who has submitted bug reports and thank the people helping to fix them too. Amongst all the great ideas on the forums, there is one running theme, people who have no clue about this:

The Start button. You know the X360 has a nice light up button in the center of its controller, well MC360 has the START BUTTON. Any place in the skin except fullscreen video or music, press START and you will get the MC360 Guide Blade. On this window you can go to the Kai(info) Blade, the Extras Blade which has File Manager, Weather, Scripts etc, then there is Personal Settings, where you can set up your Gamercard, Choose Wallpaper, Toggle RSS Feeds etc, then you can controll the currently playing media using the media control panel there. Everyone really should check it out. :D I promise to keep you folks well uptodate and remember, this skin has eaten alot of our spare time and donating is a really nice way to say thanks, thanks! :P Just another note, the Textures.xpr will be unlocked pretty soon for those that want it. Thanks. Don't forget to click the themes button in the left hand links panel at the top of every page, themes being added all the time along with wallpaper packs. Also England theme tomorrow, so you can cheer England on for the next month on your xbox too! Come on ENGLAND!

Official Site: http://blackbolt.x-scene.com
Official Forums: http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showforum=178

mlapaglia

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 10:31:00 PM »

thanks for the kick ass skin! im lovin it

YungGun

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 10:08:00 PM »

very nice, , new improvment  happy.gif

Warlock427

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 12:05:00 AM »

Just like to say like many others, that you guys have done a great job in producing the best XBMC skin ever and i look forward to the update. So far just has not failed on me or any of my mates xboxs i have put it on.

Enzomatrx

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 12:12:00 AM »

Mentioned in another thread bt for remote control users, the "Start" button can be mapped via:

For example, "0" button:
<zero>XBMC.ActivateWindow(PlayerControls)</zero>

in UserData\keymap.xml under "global"

I've mapped my "0" to:
<zero>XBMC.ActivateWindow(111)</zero>

Which brings up the system shutdown, restart, etc.  dialog box.

I'm awaiting this skin to become more remote user friendly, but some tweaks here and there are doing fine.

This post has been edited by Enzomatrx: Jun 10 2006, 07:12 AM

sgr215

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 01:21:00 AM »

I wonder if we'll see full HD support in the next release. I realize how much work that involves so I wouldn't be suprised if not. Anyhow, thanks for all your hard work! biggrin.gif

erexx

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 02:03:00 AM »

The XBMC360 Skin absolutely rocks.

However there is NO Start Button on XBOX Remote Control.

With the help of other forum members there are easy work arounds.
The XBMC360 skin is so well designed that customization is fairly simple.

A simpler solution might be to just put a start button on the REMOTE CONTROL.
AND Please Don’t use “0” that would just be asinine (read XIR modchips)

Frack the game pad.

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2006, 01:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(sgr215 @ Jun 10 2006, 05:28 PM) View Post

I wonder if we'll see full HD support in the next release. I realize how much work that involves so I wouldn't be suprised if not. Anyhow, thanks for all your hard work! biggrin.gif

No sorry it wont. For now we are making the xbmc default PAL 4:3 close to final once that is done we can then start converting it all up to look nice in the other modes.  No point doing it the other way because it would mean rewriting all the code like 5 times each time we change somthing

koSmiQ

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2006, 02:49:00 AM »

Sounds great, always finish the initial goal and then keep on rocking... biggrin.gif

God I love this skin and can't wait to see what future will bring for us all! But is there no other way to donate other than PayPal?

Blackbolt

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2006, 02:38:00 AM »

I Myself have a PAL 4:3 21inch TV using an Euro-RGB SCART. Now the picture quality is awesome but the tv isnt wink.gif.

I myself have switched my xbox to 16:9 now in the MS Dash and XBMC runs in Widescreen, my tv has a Widescreen mode so I can accruatly test widescreen.

The skin will always be pushing for 720p 16:9, thats the most popular res, as soon as we get 720p and 1080i looking sexy, you guys will know too.

blackchild1101

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2006, 07:24:00 AM »

You guys "Rock my Xbox" - Sorry team Xecuter,  biggrin.gif

PS: Do you guys have t-shirts for sale, I would love a cotton "Team Black Bolt" tee. he he

juan_2006

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2006, 09:14:00 AM »

is xbins up??? i cant connect to the xbmc server

adeon

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2006, 02:30:00 PM »

ok..  I have been trying to Log onto the XBMP server... to grab this build.. since 6-6-6... I had no luck then.. and I dont got now. WTF??

FlashFXP never brings out the TOC on the server..

just says "CONNECTED TO *USUALPLACES*"

ultrabrutal

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2006, 03:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(Blackbolt @ Jun 10 2006, 09:45 AM) *

I Myself have a PAL 4:3 21inch TV using an Euro-RGB SCART

I sure hope enough donations will come so that you can get a proper screen. 21" is just a damn shame for a media center. Big widescreen is a must

Regarding 720p, I'm not sure if the Xbox can even be forced to output 768p, but this is the resolution that most screens have now adays. Then we can have a little less scaling

Keep up the good work!

juan_2006

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2006, 02:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(adeon @ Jun 10 2006, 02:01 PM) View Post

ok..  I have been trying to Log onto the XBMP server... to grab this build.. since 6-6-6... I had no luck then.. and I dont got now. WTF??

FlashFXP never brings out the TOC on the server..

just says "CONNECTED TO *USUALPLACES*"

Yeah thats what was happening to me.......... looks like your gonna have to get it off mininova........it
 only took 3 minutes for me at speeds of 280kbs
Pages: [1] 2