xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Need An App/emulator Disc.  (Read 247 times)

rlm42

• Archived User
Need An App/emulator Disc.
« on: May 09, 2009, 03:36:00 AM »

I need some directions and guidance as to where i can download a disc with the the most essential xbox applications/emulators. In particular i am looking to get DVD2Xbox and any other essential apps.

There are too many out there and i just don't know where to look or which one to get.

My xbox dash is unleashx v0.38 installed with SID 4.0 and autoinstaller.

Any help would be appreciated.

rlm42

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 04:10:00 AM »

bump

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 04:23:00 AM »

Bumping after half an hour is extremely rude - this is a forum, not a support desk. mad.gif

Almost everything you need is available in the usual places - (this will help). If you want a disc with most of the essential apps, get AID 4.50. For the latest XBMC, Google T3CH.

SID 4.0 is a terrible, old, buggy softmod (it's not even the latest SID) - you should upgrade it to Krayzie 1.1.1 ASAP. And while you're fixing your Xbox, you should upgrade UnleashX to the latest version (UnleashX_0_39_0528A) as well.

rlm42

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 05:38:00 AM »

Sorry for bumping.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

I would like to upgrade to Krayzies 1.1.1 but i need to buy a copy of 007 agent under fire. Looking to buy one on ebay..

I am unfortunately not able to FTP because of the distance between my computer and xbox.

But thankyou for your post. Very helpful.

This post has been edited by rlm42: May 9 2009, 12:42 PM

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 06:23:00 AM »

You can upgrade without a game - you just need Frosty's Rescue disc, and CASH. Cold boot with Frosty's, select Rescue Applications - Xbox File Manager. Once DVD2Xbox has loaded eject the Frosty's disc, replace it with CASH, then use Filemanager to run D:\default.xbe.

Then just select option 5 (you can ignore the warnings about SID 4.0 - booting with Frosty's bypasses the SID 4 problem), then option 5B or 5C (depending on where you are in the world), then option 5D.

rlm42

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 08:03:00 AM »

OK i see so what's a cold boot? and why is it needed to go into DVD2Xbox?

sorry but i'm really new..

This post has been edited by rlm42: May 9 2009, 03:04 PM

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 08:33:00 AM »

Cold Boot - starting the xbox with the DVD already in the drive.

You have to use DVD2Xbox because that's what Frosty uses as a file manager - something that would become clear if you downloaded it and gave it a try.........

rlm42

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, 08:40:00 AM »

OK thankyou very much i will download it now. It's just been taking me ages to download the 1.4gig AID lol but 149.6 kb/s aint bad!

Anyway your a legend!  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

rlm42

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 12:56:00 AM »

Wait, Heimdall will it format the hard drive and will i lose all my data (gamesaves, apps etc.) doing it this way??

If so i will have to buy a USB cable for xbox.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 06:39:00 AM »

Yes, CASH will overwrite C and E, so you'll lose gamesaves and apps, but it's a small inconvenience to end up with a much more stable softmod.

Knux Kitsune

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2009, 05:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(rlm42 @ May 9 2009, 04:36 AM) View Post

I need some directions and guidance as to where i can download a disc with the the most essential xbox applications/emulators. In particular i am looking to get DVD2Xbox and any other essential apps.

There are too many out there and i just don't know where to look or which one to get.

My xbox dash is unleashx v0.38 installed with SID 4.0 and autoinstaller.

Any help would be appreciated.

Why do you need the apps on a disc?  I just FTP them to my xbox.  I just use the trial version of FlashFXP.  It doesn't actually count days, but number of times you start the program, so if you keep it running for like a week, it still counts as just one day on the trial, or you could just find a crack online somewhere.  If you have internet you probably have a router, and if you have a router, you probably have an extra LAN cable lying around.  Hook your Xbox into your router, and UnleashX should display an IP address either on the main screen or in the settings.  Run FlashFXP and connect to that IP address at port 21, and you should be able to send files directly to your Xbox without a need for a disc.  Also, I haven't found any essential apps other than DVD2Xbox, so I really don't know what else to say.  For emulators, might I recommend the "Big Ass Emulator Disc" collection.  It started with one, which included (from recent memory) NES, SNES, Genesis/32X/CD(if you have the Sega CD game on CD), Mastersystem, Colecovision, Intellivision, Atari 2600 and 5800, Wonderswan, NeoGeo Pocket/Color, MSX, MSX2, and TurboGraphx-16.

There were 3 others put on the web as far as I know.  The second disc is handhelds such as GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, maybe GameGear?...but that should be the same as the Mastersystem set, since it's practically the same hardware....

Then 3 is separated into two discs, 3a is MAMEox with a rather impressive romset, and 3b is FBAxxx which covers CPS1, CPS2, NeoGeo (MVS/AES) and a few other games, which is also a pretty decent set.  Note that some games on those two discs require your Xbox to have extra RAM.  This is normally larger games such as Dead or Alive and Tekken, and many newer games.

PM me if you have any questions.  I hope I've been of some help.