xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Java Apps On Xbox Intenet Browser?  (Read 192 times)

Masterguns

• Archived User
Java Apps On Xbox Intenet Browser?
« on: September 16, 2007, 11:06:00 PM »

I was wondering if there is an xbox internet browser that has a java plugin so you could play games such as yahoo pool or runescape.Or is there a xbox browser that has a flash plugin?If so than i'd like to know about it.The only xbox internet browser i've found so far is linksbox and that only has text and picture support.Or maybe is there a port of windows internet explorer to xbox?Well anyways just figured that this would be a good topic to discuss.Thanks guys!:)

hasselhof

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 01:59:00 PM »

Hi, Iam also wondering about this and will keep a close eye on this thread

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

ahero4heor

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 09:28:00 PM »

Run a gamesave explot to install xebian on your xbox and use firefox. simple as that.... replaces xbl on microsoft dash. And take a look at this thread. Take a look at the first few lines of the quote. You'll be happy.

This post has been edited by ahero4heor: Sep 21 2007, 04:32 AM

Masterguns

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 09:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(ahero4heor @ Sep 21 2007, 04:28 AM) View Post

Run a gamesave explot to install xebian on your xbox and use firefox. simple as that.... replaces xbl on microsoft dash. And take a look at this thread. Take a look at the first few lines of the quote. You'll be happy.

Thanks a bunch man!

pogi1100

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 09:06:00 PM »

for those of you wondering how to play runescape on xbox,

Do this on your linux on your xbox and use Mozilla Firefox!!!:
go to this link: https://addons.mozil...x/browse/type:7
scroll down to the Java section and click "Install Now"
go through the download links until you get to the directions page. follow the directions and install it into firefox. then restart it and then play runescape.

I haven't actually tried this, but in theory, it should work.

Maturion

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 01:10:00 PM »

You don'T need to install Xebian. Get X-DSL from http://www.x-dsl.org and insert a Linux LiveCD. So you don't have to install anything.

It's not possible to run Java in LinksBoks.

pogi1100

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 03:55:00 PM »

well u dont need to but it will be a lot faster... if you install x-dsl or xebian load times are much faster than live cd

Knuxyl

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 11:40:00 PM »

ok, ive downloaded so many different xbox linux dis's but i can not get this to work. ive burned 2 different kinds of cds with the image.iso files and my xbox wont read them (i have xbmc) and ive extracted them and i got this one thing to run (a linux that shows the penguin or w/e) but theres always a kernal panic at the end. im a total noob to this linux stuff, can someone plz help me out ( i REALLY REALLY want firefox on my xbox ) Oh btw, i still want xbmc to boot up, not linux.

pogi1100

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 07:31:00 AM »

ok first get the xebian iso from here then burn it onto a cd.
Do not extract the cd files from the cd to your hard drive. Boot it from the live cd and wait for the desktop.
Then click on the terminal. Type exactly what is written here (except for the directions) but dont include quotation marks:

type "su"
if you have a later version of xebian (version 1.1.4 and up) the type: "xebian" for the password
then, type "XBOXLinuxInstall"  these are case sensitive letters-include the capitals.
then you will be shown a couple of directions on how to install. Choose the first option if you still want xbmc to boot up. Then go through the rest of the instructions. When the installation starts, it will take from 5 minutes to 30 depending on the type you chose.
When it is over, it will ask you for the ip address just leave it as it is, you won't get Firefox to work unless you have a dhcp address (trust me, I've tried it).
To change the static to a dhcp address and not cause any conflicts with your other computers, then click here

There is a full explanation of what I just explained here

I hope that helped...