xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Tutorial: Installing Ueee Switcher  (Read 283 times)

triggernum5

• Archived User
Tutorial: Installing Ueee Switcher
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2005, 08:19:00 AM »

You used the <Menu> section as the entire config.xml..  Unleashx crapped out and created an empty default config.xml to use since it couldn't read the single section as the entire file..

Horscht

• Recovered User
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2005, 08:49:00 AM »

Allright, I can now say, that the guy who provides the installer (I don't know his name) basicaly took krayzies installer, created a f'ed up config and still releases it as krayzies work. The exact same installer works with the config Krayzie gave us. Thank you crazy for your installer.

Textbook

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2005, 09:01:00 AM »

It didn't work for me!  grr.gif

Krayzie, can you write the ENTIRE config.xml in here?  That would help so much, as I'm pretty stupid when it comes to coding.  Also, I used Krayzie's MA UXE Installer 2.8.  Do I need to have an xboxdash.bak or a f0nts folder?  My C drive is retail, because I have a shadow C.  Will I get errors because the config.xml will be trying to rename files/folders that aren't there?

Horscht

• Recovered User
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2005, 09:11:00 AM »

That's the one I used:

CODE

C:\Xboxdash.xbe

xbox
     xbox
     No
     Welcome to XBOX FTP Server

www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/xbox-scene.xml
     www.xbins.org/xbins.xml

F:\Apps\DVDX2\default.xbe
     C:\xboxdash.xbe

Krayzie Tools

True
     False
     Blue_Athloni_Final

This will install the UEEE. Make sure you have completely read the readme before proceeding. Do you want to continue?

This will install the UEEE. Make sure you have completely read the readme before proceeding. Do you want to continue?

This will install the SCEEE for region 1 xboxes. Make sure you have completely read the readme before proceeding. Do you want to continue?

This will install the SCEEE for region 4 xboxes. Make sure you have completely read the readme before proceeding. Do you want to continue?

oh, and you have to load your axploit savegame to get access to the real C:. You have to rename/copy those files as stated in the readme (copy the fonts folder and the xboxdash.xbe from the Cbackup folder)

to explain it a little bit:

when you boot your xbox, nkpatcher gets loaded and hides your C:, replacing it with the shadowC. Now, the EEE installer NEEDS access to the original C: drive, therefore it loads PBL with a hacked bios first. The EEE installer will have access to the real C: on it's own.

This post has been edited by Horscht: Jul 16 2005, 04:15 PM

Textbook

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2005, 10:11:00 AM »

Alright, here is the thing.  I need somebody to write a step by step tutorial on how to install SCEEE after using Krayzie's UXE Autoinstaller 2.8.  Because that is what I used.  Horscht is telling me I need xboxdash.bak and other files but Krayzie said that if you used his installer, then all you have to do is make sure you have the 5960 dash.  I can't figure this out for the life of me.  I can use the xml in the code below to install SCEEE.  But when I go to the EEE switcher and hit deactivate exploit, it says error renaming.  And if I hit reboot, my xbox gives me an error 13.  I'm just not sure what files are suppossed to be where.  Because I used Krayzie's latest UXE installer, there is a true C on my xbox's C drive.  Who's advice am I suppossed to use?  Krayzie, could you please write a tutorial on how to install SCEEE right after using your autoinstaller?

Horscht

• Recovered User
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2005, 10:22:00 AM »

I was using krayzies auto installer, so I am telling you what I did to get it to work:

1. I changed the config.xml in the "install" folder to what krayzie posted (i posted my FULL .xml file , so you can use that one)

2. I FTPed over the EEE installer into E:\Apps

3. I put splinter cell into my DVD-drive, to load my exploited savegame. Use Splinter Cell, Mechassault, or 007, whatever you have.

4. While my xbox was running the exploited savegame, I FTPed to my xbox again. I entered the "Cbackup" folder, and copied the xboxdash.xbe from that folder to my PC. I did the same with the "Cbackup\fonts" folder.

5. I renamed the file/folder i just FTPed to my computer (xboxdash.xbe -> xboxdash.bak and fonts -> f0nts).

6. I then FTPed those files back to the C: drive (into the root of C:, not into Cbackup), and deleted "xbox.xtf" and "xbox book.xtf" from the root of C:

7. Turned off the xbox, and turned it on again. (backed up my old Splinter Cell exploited gamesaves, then deleted them from the udata folder. Only needed if you used SC to softmod your xbox).

8. Ran the EEE installer, and selected SCEEE, then selected PAL.

Textbook

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2005, 11:08:00 AM »

Thank you so much!  I haven't tried it yet, but this sounds a lot easier.  If this works, I will be so happy.  Just a question though, where is this Cbackup folder of yours.  I can't find it on my hard drive.

Textbook

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2005, 11:13:00 AM »

Nevermind, I'm an idiot, I found the folders. Thanks again.

Textbook

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2005, 11:08:00 PM »

I finally figured it out.  I couldn't really depend on this tutorial, so I made a new one.  You can find it HERE.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]