xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Compiler Errors  (Read 96 times)

StrongBad

• Archived User
Compiler Errors
« on: February 25, 2003, 11:24:00 AM »

It still created the xbe though, right?

If you just have a regular xbox setup, disable the xbecopy and manually ftp your executable instead.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Compiler Errors
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2003, 12:10:00 PM »

Well, first off, the error is becaus eyou need to throw "xbepatch.exe" into your XDK bins (where all the compiler/xdk development PC progs are located).

Secondly, what modchip/BIOS are you using?

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Compiler Errors
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2003, 04:11:00 PM »

QUOTE (Jesus v2.0 @ Feb 25 2003, 07:38 PM)
Ok, I am using Evox 2.5
and Where should i put xbepatch.exe??? In which dir? Please specify, the one where the program i am making saves to, or one in my MS VC++

Find the directory your XDK was installed to on your PC.... there you go to the "xbox" directory and then the "bin" directory - you should see apps like fontmaker.exe there and such. Put xbepatch.exe in there.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Compiler Errors
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2003, 04:59:00 PM »

QUOTE (Jesus v2.0 @ Feb 25 2003, 08:50 PM)
Before i start, I would just like to thank you BenJeremy, I really appreciate this and the scene needs more helpful ppl like u!

Enough ass kissing... (lol j/k muah muah muah thank you thank you, muah)

I did everything u said, and now i get :

--------------------Configuration: prt2 - Xbox Debug--------------------
Compiling...
main.cpp
Linking...
Creating Xbox image...
IMAGEBLD : warning IM1029: library XAPILIBD is unapproved
IMAGEBLD : warning IM1029: library D3D8D is unapproved
IMAGEBLD : warning IM1029: library LIBCMTD is unapproved
IMAGEBLD : warning IM1030: This image may not be accepted for certification
.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

prt2.xbe - 0 error(s), 4 warning(s)

I put everything that was in my DEBUG folder for this program, into a dir on my Xbox (the one i store all my games in) and it still doesnt read it on the XBOX! I built, re-built and repeated all this over and over again! Any pointers?

What am i doing wrong!?

Edit:Is it just me or does the Forums return alot of cannot find server messages!? I have been trying to post this for a good 1/2 hour

Um, I'm not sure what you mean... it's compiling (gotta ignore the warnings, they aren't 'real' tongue.gif )

As for transferring to the Xbox, you may need to set things up yourself (copy the support files over), but it should send the latest built XBE file there for you, if you set your Xbox's IP address in the remote debug configuration.

Heck, I was running my app from the IDE before I even had the debug BIOS (just not with debugging), since Evo-X emulates the transfer and execute commands the remote debugger uses.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Compiler Errors
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2003, 05:13:00 PM »

OK, you set up your IP.

In your Project Settings, "Debug" tab, under "Remote Executable path and filename" you enter something like: E:\Apps\MyApp\MyApp.xbe

This will tell it where to transfer the executable and where to run it from. Set this for both Xbox debug and Xbox retail selections.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Compiler Errors
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2003, 05:13:00 PM »

Oh.... and you can't use F:\

Use E:\ for development.

Jesus v2.0

• Archived User
Compiler Errors
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2003, 05:20:00 PM »

It doesnt connect, nor make the file! Boo hoo!!

What is your exact setup for IP? did u use the same format as mine?
Please show me an example! for that, and for your Remote Executable path and filename, does E:AppsMyAppMyApp.xbe save it to your PC E: or does that save it to the Xboxs?

Edit: Is there a specific place my Xbox should be on when I compile or build? Right now it just sits at the Evox Dash

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Compiler Errors
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2003, 05:25:00 PM »

QUOTE (Jesus v2.0 @ Feb 25 2003, 09:20 PM)
It doesnt connect, nor make the file! Boo hoo!!

What is your exact setup for IP? did u use the same format as mine?
Please show me an example! for that, and for your Remote Executable path and filename, does E:AppsMyAppMyApp.xbe save it to your PC E: or does that save it to the Xboxs?

The remote path is on the Xbox.

My IP is: 192.168.0.103 - but that's assigned by my router's DHCP server.

Verify it's working at all - use the Xbox Neighborhood shell extension to see if you can access your Xbox.

Wait a sec.... You are running Evo-X 2.5 BIOS????? No debugging there, though it will transfer and 'run' - just no debugging at all - you need to run with the "!" (Execute Program) command.

Still, all I said still applies - except that you CAN use F:\ since you are using an Evo-X dashboard (you need to use the LATEST dash in this case), since it emulates the Debug BIOS's remote capabilities to some degree.

You are running Evo-X dashboard, not the M$ Dash, right? M$ Dash is only usable for development when you have a REAL debug BIOS installed.

Jesus v2.0

• Archived User
Compiler Errors
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2003, 05:30:00 PM »

OOOOOK I got it to Compile!

I got the "!" to work! It connected to my Xbox, I could see the Dash kinda... i dunno... stop as if it processed, but then it didnt really execute, It didnt go anywhere!

What does that mean?

And, Which Bios should I use for Programming?

Edit:Also, still no luck when i rebooted, i cannot see my file under Games dir! (I dunno why the .xbe file isnt registering)

Jesus v2.0

• Archived User
Compiler Errors
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2003, 05:34:00 PM »

HURRAH!! IT worked!! I got the Blue screen to show up! So i guess it works now, only problem now is,... How do i get out? tongue.gif Its just sitting at a blue screen! And Also, how can i make my .XBE files show up under Evox Dash!? like why wont it display a name for them?

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Compiler Errors
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2003, 05:41:00 PM »

QUOTE (Jesus v2.0 @ Feb 25 2003, 09:34 PM)
HURRAH!! IT worked!! I got the Blue screen to show up! So i guess it works now, only problem now is,... How do i get out? tongue.gif Its just sitting at a blue screen! And Also, how can i make my .XBE files show up under Evox Dash!? like why wont it display a name for them?

Ideally, you want a Debug BIOS (TATX, best bet) to run.

As for exiting.... if you used the default XBApplication class, there's a joypad combo that will knock you out (triggers and black, perhaps?)

Make sure you fill out the info in Project settings->"Xbox Image" tab->"Title Info" with some unique hex ID and title name.

Pick a REALLY unique 16 bit hex ID as your 'developer ID' (like 0x3333)then give your program a 16 bit ID (like, say '1') and combine them: 0x33330001 and use that as the ID for the game.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Compiler Errors
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2003, 05:42:00 PM »

QUOTE (Jesus v2.0 @ Feb 25 2003, 09:37 PM)
And is there a way so that your Project Settings will save for EVERY project? right now i have to change them manually everytime i start an Xbox Project!

"SAVE ALL"

That should do it. Close your workspace, it should keep with it. Mine does.

Jesus v2.0

• Archived User
Compiler Errors
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2003, 05:51:00 PM »

Wont a Debug Bios screw up all the other stuff i run with my Xbox!? I dont know if i want that! If i can get around it, i will!

and I know nothing about Hex! Can I not Use TEXT? and which numbers are off limits?

can I use 0x5339 as my ID and if not 0x5676?

If I was to call my project "Project one", how would i combine it!?

Edit: I am as n00b as they come right now!! Sorry!! Thanks again though!

Please give me a Sample:

Title Info:_____________________
Title Name:____________________
Title Image:___________________
Save Game Image:______________

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Compiler Errors
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2003, 06:18:00 PM »

Project Settings->"Xbox Image" tab->Certificate->Title ID:

Try "0x00110001"

That would make you publisher 0x0011 and project 0x0001 Just enter what's within the quotes above in that edit box.

My sample table used in MXM:
PUBLISHER      GAME
0000 Homebrew    0000 RemoteX
0000 Homebrew    0002 MedialayerName
0000 Homebrew    4321 Media X Menu
0fac Homebrew    e007 Box Media Player

Title Info:_____________________
Title Name:__Project One_____
Title Image:___________________
Save Game Image:______________

All you really need for now.

Jesus v2.0

• Archived User
Compiler Errors
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2003, 06:59:00 PM »

My sample table used in MXM:
PUBLISHER GAME
0000 Homebrew 0000 RemoteX
0000 Homebrew 0002 MedialayerName
0000 Homebrew 4321 Media X Menu
0fac Homebrew e007 Box Media Player

Im sorry, I really have no clue where this is supposed to go...

Pages: [1] 2