xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Flashing A Stock Xbox Bios With Custom Bios Without A Modchip?  (Read 205 times)

Retroid

• Archived User

OK, looks like I was being a n00b! Seems my main problem was being unaware it was TSOP into I was after.

Founds this guide to flashing the TSOP with X2 (or similar)

OK, seeing as most of the guides I've been finding on these topics are from circa 2003, have there been any software-only solutions for flashing the TSOP in developed since then? Or do I still need to (at least) pencil those points on the MB in order to flash the TSOP?

At least I know for certain that I can have an Xecuter2 Xbox without a modchip fitted, I just need to figure out how much of those guides I can skip since my machines are softmodded (via Splinter Cell) already ...

steveo1978

• Recovered User
Flashing A Stock Xbox Bios With Custom Bios Without A Modchip?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 01:43:00 AM »

if u find out what tsop u have then there may be some very simple ways to do what u are look for and i would not use a pencil the dude that said it can be done also said that it was highly dangerous to your xbox

that tutorial is really old just find your xbox version and the type of tsop u have and someone will help u

Retroid

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 05:51:00 AM »

Cheers, I'll see if I can dig out the exact details...

Retroid

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 08:02:00 AM »

Right. The Xbox I'm wanting to flash is a V1.1, and I've got another (Crystal) Xbox which is a V1.4, but I'll ignore that one, at least for now.

I'm presuming a V1.1 Xbox would be easier to flash with a variety of Xecuter2?

Cheers for any help!

steveo1978

• Recovered User
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 10:24:00 AM »

its the tsop that really determines how is it will be but with the 1.1 i think u can flash it with up to a 1mb bios which means more options for u   here use this tut to find your tsop for both xboxs http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=231408 then let us know what they are

Retroid

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 04:20:00 PM »

Cheers for that info!

I'll check my Xbox's innards tomorrow and see what's what on the MB. I'd been working on the assumption that 256K would probably be my maximum.

silver spar

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 01:25:00 PM »

If you use the Slayers install disc, it will size the Bios appropriately for whichever xbox you are using, but if you're using another method, the 1.0 & 1.1 TSOPs both NEED a 1MB Bios, and everything after takes a 256kb file.  Most 1mb bioses that I've read about are actually the same 256kb (or in a couple of cases 512kb) repeated to make up the 1MB (ie. 266k+256k+256k+256k=1mb)

As I sadi, you could just use the Slayers disc, but from what I understand there are a couple of flash types that it can't handle, and for that you'd need the Eurasia Flash disc, coupled with a Bios disc - If using the Eurasia method, you need to make absoluteyl sure your Bios size matches what you're flashing it to before you start.

Retroid

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 10:17:00 AM »

Thanks very much for that advice, I'll give it a try!  smile.gif

Unfortunately I've lost my T10 screwdriver so I'm going to have to wait for a new one to arrive before I can remove everything properly...

lAze_a55

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 06:54:00 PM »

I have only flashed one tsop directly. The board version was a 1.4. I know your dealing with a different sized tsop, but mine was a 256kb tsop. I had never softmodded before either. So first I got my bios and slayer disk. Then I closed the write protect points to allow flashing. Then I went through the whole ordeal of trying to softmod when I had never done it before. After I finally got the softmod to boot, I ran the slayer disk and flashed away. I worked flawlessly. After I got the tsop flashed I removed the softmod and used the slayer disk to do a full install with all the apps. it's been working great ever since.

Also a plus to flashing the tsop, if you decide to change the bios at a later date from either x2..x3..or m8, just slap the slayer disk in and flash away.