xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Please How Do I Sign Xbmc  (Read 165 times)

jippie

• Archived User
Please How Do I Sign Xbmc
« on: April 28, 2004, 07:02:00 AM »

I have kernel 5530 so I can not run PBL.
I have tried other XBE's and these work, I just can't sign
if always fails on the header size and : XBE file integrity : FALSE.

XBMC is the most important reason I hacked the xbox, in fact it is the only reason I hacked the xbox.

So please any idea's.

Thx

jippie
 <

jippie

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2004, 11:51:00 PM »

Is it not possible or something??

jippie  <

lalani

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2004, 07:20:00 AM »

I haven't stayed up to date with soft modding as I have a chip. Does the 5530 BIOS version prevent using the font or audio hacks? It sounds like you can't run any unsigned code, therefore no XBMC unless you get a modchip....its worth it to get a modchip for XBMC alone.

So can anyone cofirm that 5530 prevents soft hacks? If so, what version xbox's are coming with this BIOS? I'd like to know this as well since I plan on soft modding my 2nd box.  <

JayDee

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2004, 07:56:00 AM »

Moving thread to right forum  <

jippie

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2004, 12:18:00 AM »

QUOTE (JayDee @ May 1 2004, 03:45 PM)
Moving thread to right forum

Back in the exploit fourm :(

Oh well, it seems to be a problem and it will only get worst. More and more people getting 5530 kernel.

Doesn't anyone then have news on PBL working on 5530 Kernel?

jippie
 <

UraniumXT

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2004, 09:46:00 AM »

5530 bios is not compatible with any exploit, and only some 1.5 xboxes have this bios and the new 1.6 xboxes also. If you have a 1.6, you wont be able to put a chip in it at this moment.  <

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2004, 10:22:00 AM »

5530 bios is not compatible with any exploit, and only some 1.5 xboxes have this bios and the new 1.6 xboxes also. If you have a 1.6, you wont be able to put a chip in it at this moment.

You can exploit any 5530 kernel using audio and font exploit (with exception of the hacked mechfonts) Downfall is you cannot use phoenix bios loader to replace your bios. Xbe's can be run if you sign them correctly. To my understanding there are negative results into signing xbmc. Some programs just have trouble to be signed like the old surreal emulator which was later fixed by yoshihiro. So you can either wait untill someone comes up with a fix or tsop or chip your xbox. If you have a 5530 kernel you won't have any 1.6 xbox as they are brand new and come with 58.. kernels. Anyway you can still chip these 1.6'es but you have to wait untill a new excalibur compatible bios comes out to flash it.  <