xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Modding A V 1.4or1.5 D4920 K5101  (Read 156 times)

hollywood769

• Archived User
Modding A V 1.4or1.5 D4920 K5101
« on: March 31, 2004, 01:01:00 AM »

I have been reading all the forums and I think i'm just getting more lost. I want to get evox runnig on my xbox so I can flash the tsop. Hot Swapping is not a problem and I can access my orig hdd easily with hdd driver. I have already soldered my jumper points and my xbox still works(good sign so I hear) I have just about every program the has been mentioned in these forums and tutorials. I tried one font xploit using the "complete no chip guide to fully unlock your xbox" but can't get evox to run. When i tried it booted to a green screen then went to the contact MS screen. I went back and changed everything back to normal and it boots to MS again. Am i missing something important here, or is my xbox to new for these methods. Any help, wisdom and time is greatly appreciated. Please don't give partial answers cause more then likely i don't have a clue what your talking about.

mkjones

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 02:54:00 AM »

If I was you I would go and get MechAssault or 007 on rent and use one of the gamesaves that boots Evox, then you can flash it from that...

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 07:09:00 AM »

did you sign evoxdash.xbe and renamed it to default.xbe?

Grospolina

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2004, 11:41:00 AM »

If you can successfully hotswap and don't have any of the gamesave-hack games, then I'd suggest the audio exploit.

Here's what you need:

- Swapless audio exploit ST.DB
- xbedump.exe
- Evolution-X (evoxdash.xbe and evox.ini at the very least)

1. If you have ripped audio, rename E:\TDATA\fffe0000\music\ST.DB to ST.ORG
2. Copy the audio hack ST.DB file to E:\TDATA\fffe0000\music\ST.DB
3. Use xbedump.exe to sign the EvoX dash: xbedump evoxdash.xbe -audio
4. Rename out.xbe to "exploit" (no extension)
5. Place exploit and evox.ini in E:\ (root directory).  The other EvoX file are optional (skins and trainers).
6. Place your BIOS file(s) in the E:\Bios directory.  These MUST NOT be BFM (bootable from media)!
7. Boot the Xbox and run the swapless audio hack (Music, [blank], Copy, Copy, New Soundtrack, Done).  It should go into EvoX.
8. Flash the chip.
9. After successful flashing, and if you had ripped audio, delete ST.DB and rename ST.ORG back to ST.DB.

You may also have to prepare evox.ini by putting in the right codes for your particular TSOP, and to enable the flash command (make sure it's not commented out).

Also remember that you can't flash a Winbond TSOP with EvoX.  If you have one, use raincoat instead.