xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Skins Locking Up Xbox  (Read 210 times)

yell0wtulipz

• Archived User
Skins Locking Up Xbox
« on: March 31, 2004, 01:38:00 AM »

I am using the Audio Hack to use MXM.  Anyways I have tried a couple of skins for MXM and it seems the two I like keep locking the xbox when I lauch any application.  Here is the skins I have tried.

Scarface
http://www.allxboxskins.com/vote-comment/v...MXM&display=yes

The Architect

Both are great skins but I don't understand why it locks up when I lauch an app?  I am currently using xbox version 1.1/1.2, and MXM 0.9n.6 Beta.  

On a side note this is a new xbox system I just bought.  I have downgrade it with SlaYer's EvoX Auto-Installer v2.5FINAL.  All I did was replace the C: drive with the contents from the auto installer.  Also here is my xbox system info just incase

K: 1.00.5101.01
D: 1.00.4920.01

Any information would be helpful :D

Thanks in advance
-yell0w

geniusalz

• Archived User
Skins Locking Up Xbox
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 08:00:00 AM »

Is that an evox bios?  

This might be an issue with BFM bioses, or the evox BFM bios in particular.

And does it work fine with any skin that doesn't have video (one of the default skins)?

flattspott

• Archived User
Skins Locking Up Xbox
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 08:14:00 AM »

You might get better help if you posted this in the exploit forum.

yell0wtulipz

• Archived User
Skins Locking Up Xbox
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2004, 09:15:00 AM »

This is the standard bios as far as I know?  I just ran the audio exploit that you use from the Music section.  Also all other base skins work fine on the xbox, I have also tried

Its About Choice

That one is a little choppy but it does work when I lauch apps.  Also just doing some random trouble shooting, I tried swapping from The Architect to a base skin and then back to The Architect, and then it works fine.  However once I do a full power cycle and then come back up it locks again when I lauch any app :huh:.

(Just trouble shot for 5 mintues)
Hmmm, it looks I just fixed it :o??.  I set it to a base skin then Reset the Menu Cache, which does the soft reboot.  Then set it to The Architect, Rest the Menu Cache, which again does the soft reboot, and then turned off the xbox via the mxm menu.  Turned on the xbox and now it's working fine?!?!?!  I have powered off and back on 10 times just to make sure I am not dreaming.  Anyways I don't know if reseting the menu cache was the trick but it's fine now from what I can tell :huh:?!?!  If this is what your supposed to do normally I am going to kick myself as it's in none of the readme's with the skins :lol:

-yell0w

geniusalz

• Archived User
Skins Locking Up Xbox
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2004, 04:44:00 PM »

Strange, reset cache should have nothing to do with it. :huh:  

yell0wtulipz

• Archived User
Skins Locking Up Xbox
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2004, 05:32:00 PM »

Yeah geniusalz, you are correct.  It's locking up again, I am not sure what causes the problem? But at this point I am sticking with the normal mxm base skin :( if anyone else may know of a fix that would be great.  The other thing thats not a big deal is once I log in to the xbox via the audio hack the screen is all jumpy untill it comes the matrix mxm screen and it's fine from there on.  Kind of like running a 50hz game on a 60hz tv.  Anyways any ideas would be appreciated.

-yell0w