xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: New Audio Exploit.  (Read 623 times)

devz3ro

• Archived User
New Audio Exploit.
« on: December 29, 2003, 09:23:00 PM »

Only flaw ive found is the one with the a/v plugs not in and you plug them in and execute exploit it corrups the st.db (just power off before performin the exploit an all will be well). Other than that, very solid smile.gif

I wonder what would cause the corruption though.

Jesper64

• Archived User
New Audio Exploit.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2004, 05:04:00 AM »

Hi

I've tried hexediting the "ST.DB" that I have from my xbox. I've replaced the "be" of "linux.xbe" with 0000 as catfish said over on maxconsole forums. Then I renamed my exisiting "linux.xbe" in "E:\" to "linux.x"

Now when I try and execute the audio exploit it comes up with error21. What have I done wrong?

Mordenkainen

• Archived User
New Audio Exploit.
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2004, 05:23:00 AM »

Did you change both instances?

Jesper64

• Archived User
New Audio Exploit.
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2004, 02:00:00 AM »

QUOTE (Mordenkainen @ Feb 2 2004, 10:23 PM)
Did you change both instances?

Nope I didn't smile.gif Thanks alot Morden. All working now.

Grospolina

• Archived User
New Audio Exploit.
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2004, 07:56:00 AM »

JamesH1985,

With the new audio exploit, did you rename your PBL linux.xbe to "exploit" and sign it with the -audio key?  Some version of the older audio hack use the -habibi key, so that's why you may need to re-sign it.

For your other problem, it sounds like it's not loading PBL properly.  It doesn't have anything to "save", so there must be something different.  Did you make ANY changes at all between getting it to work for the first time and not getting it to work the next time?

Grospolina

• Archived User
New Audio Exploit.
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2004, 08:03:00 AM »

Also, if you're hex editing the ST.DB file, I'd recommend changing the name of the file to "pbl.xbe" (both instances).  Personally, I think it's much nicer than "linux.x" (Linux? What Linux?).  I suppose "exploit" is okay too (as above), but it doesn't show that it's an XBE file.

As a side note, one instance has been replaced with "exploit" in the above MIME-encoded file, while the other instance is "linux.x".  It works though, and the instance of "linux.x" will be replaced by "exploit" when you run it for the first time.

krayzie

• Archived User
New Audio Exploit.
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2004, 09:28:00 AM »

is it normal that i can play crimson skies signed with habibi with this new audio hack? i thought only audio signed xbe's would work. I'm not running phoenix or something. Also i found that the new surreal 64 doesn't work.

oblox

• Archived User
New Audio Exploit.
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2004, 07:23:00 AM »

Sweet an exploit in the file naming system I was looking for this TA cool.gif

krayzie

• Archived User
New Audio Exploit.
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2004, 07:36:00 PM »

is there ne way to shorten this combo. ive gotten it to work but it takes so long to get the combo to work with the little time u have to enter it in that its prolly just easier to put an audio cd in and forget about it

Are you serious? I never used the cd-swap exploit but to my knowledge the key sequence is nearly the same. Also i don't think there is a time limit to put in the combo so how did you come on all this?

ek247

• Archived User
New Audio Exploit.
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2004, 10:59:00 PM »

can this method be used when hotswapping a v1.5 xbox?

Grospolina

• Archived User
New Audio Exploit.
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2004, 07:33:00 AM »

If you're asking whether you can hotswap in order to install the exploit on a v1.5 box, then... yes, sort of.  You must downgrade to dashboard 4920 before the audio exploit will work.  I don't know how hard that is to do with a hotswap.

Biniecki

• Archived User
New Audio Exploit.
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2004, 01:55:00 PM »

ok then i must just b entering it at the wrong spot. ive been doin it inside of the M$ dash while highlighting the music option. If you could tell me where to enter the combo at then it may b easier for me to get it to work

Biniecki

• Archived User
New Audio Exploit.
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2004, 01:58:00 PM »

ok then i must just b entering it at the wrong spot. ive been doin it inside of the M$ dash while highlighting the music option. If you could tell me where to enter the combo at then it may b easier for me to get it to work

Biniecki

• Archived User
New Audio Exploit.
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2004, 02:03:00 PM »

sry double post

Grospolina

• Archived User
New Audio Exploit.
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2004, 02:10:00 PM »

The proper swapless sequence is:

1. Music
2. (Blank) Soundtrack