xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xenium Ice Bios Defaults To M$ Dash Not Xbmc  (Read 80 times)

WermX

• Archived User
Xenium Ice Bios Defaults To M$ Dash Not Xbmc
« on: June 03, 2006, 02:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(wazzubrad @ Jun 2 2006, 06:01 PM) View Post

I am having trouble setting up my Bios to run XBMC as my default dashboard. I have recently reformatted the hard drive and set it up using AID's very helpful and useful package. I have an Xenium Ice that I just flashed with a 256kb Evox M8 Plus v16 bios. I edited the bios to boot the first bank E:\XBMC\default.xbe and second as C:\xboxdash.xbe. But for some reason when I try to start XBMC from xenium's menu, it defaults to the xboxdash. I have verified that XBMC's default.xbe is correctly placed in E:\XBMC\ which it is. As of right now i can't boot anything but the xboxdash so I am stuck. I didn't want to tweak around to much with bios flashing and trying various things, so I thought I would research a little and post a topic. If anyone has any suggestions let me know, thanks ahead of time, -Brad

Go ahead and use the rename_me.xbe included in the package. Change it's name to xboxdash.xbe, and have it overwrite the xbox dash(or change the name). If you want to keep your xbox dash, just switch back to an unedited bios and and change the renameme.xbe to evoxdash.xbe.

BTW, why are you using the m8 bios? Isn't the xecuter bios compatible with all versions now?

Navillos

• Archived User
Xenium Ice Bios Defaults To M$ Dash Not Xbmc
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 09:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(WermX @ Jun 3 2006, 04:03 PM) View Post

Go ahead and use the rename_me.xbe included in the package. Change it's name to xboxdash.xbe, and have it overwrite the xbox dash(or change the name). If you want to keep your xbox dash, just switch back to an unedited bios and and change the renameme.xbe to evoxdash.xbe.

BTW, why are you using the m8 bios? Isn't the xecuter bios compatible with all versions now?

you need to make it e:\apps\xbmc\default.xbe. in your bios and have the folder in the same path