xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Slayers Not Workin - Looping  (Read 75 times)

(GT)Juggler

• Archived User
Slayers Not Workin - Looping
« on: April 01, 2004, 09:48:00 AM »

I have an xbox that was modded using the no modchip exploit (mechassault) and a tsop flash, not done by my.... and I tried logo x to change the boot logo in the default.xbe file on the C drive and now i get the Xbox needs maintenance error 21  when i start up. Great.  

I need to be able to ftp to my xbox to put my backed up normal default.xbe file back on the C drive so itll start up... but i cant get it to boot from my slayers evox cd :(

i had a dvd i KNOW would work in my xbox because before this fateful day, i put it in the drive (black dvd) and it said unknown, not NO DISK , so it will work.  anyway i downloaded slayers 2.5 and got the iso and burned it on to the dvd-r using my mac's superdrive and toast 6. i followed the tutorial found here - http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/macosx.php - and so i burned it and now when i put the dvd in the drive, it doesnt say NEEDS SERVICE screen of death... it just loops going from the XBOX logo screen , rebooting, then back to the xbox logo screen.... its been doing this for about 30 mins.  What do I do? i dont know anyone around me with a working boot disk.  i need this thing working by sunday  - big halo lan.... :( :( someone help.

btw, i cant do the MA or 007 hack now because according to the instructions, you have to boot the xbox with no cd and get to the xbox dash then load the save hack so that work cuz i cant get to MS dash...

could one possibility be to swap the hd out and put it in a pc and restore the good default.xbe and then put it back? im not familiar with how to do this so plz link me to the best tut on xboxscene to do this.

thanks

This post has been edited by (GT)Juggler on Apr 1 2004, 06:16 PM

galladel

• Archived User
Slayers Not Workin - Looping
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2004, 05:23:00 PM »

What your suffering through is called the "reboot loop" reboot cause it is rebooting and loop cause it's looping.  You really will find your answers if you just put in a quick search through the forums.
First of all though, i don't know if a hdd swap will help you since you need hdd key to get access to the drive. Secondly, you can't boot to slayers but once your loop stops what you should try is boot with mechassault/007 in your drive and hope it comes out of the loop and boot to the disk you can re load your save game then and ftp and fix your messed up c:\.