xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 1.6 With X2.6 Think I Did Something Retarded  (Read 49 times)

King_Nothing

• Archived User
1.6 With X2.6 Think I Did Something Retarded
« on: October 09, 2004, 05:20:00 PM »

hey, i have a 1.6 box and i installed the xecuter 2.6 chip. I got the chip working (cromwell bios loaded) then i flashed with m8_16. After that it was working fine i was able to load to the dashboard and stuff. Then i noticed that i used a bios without the support for more than 137gb so i wanted to reflash. I tried reflashing from evolutionx dash, but the bios didnt show up even though i had it in the \bios folder. I then reset the box and now it does the 3 off/on then FRAG. Could someone tell me what happened? I have a working 1.1 box with xecuter 2.1 pro chip, could i use that box if i need to reflash? how? thanks.

Modiller

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2004, 07:00:00 PM »

your going to have to get the new programmer team xecuter released (not expensive$17 and is always good to have for those late night horror stories) here's the url to one, from a offcial xecuter reseller:)

http://www.chipdealer.com/proddetail.php?prod=ProgrammerX2

King_Nothing

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2004, 08:09:00 PM »

i dont understand how the bios got screwed up if it never said it was flashing or even got to teh screen where i could choose bios files to flash with. also i think the mod screws up even when i have it turned off using the switches.

EDIT:  yes, ive confirmed that i get the 3 FRAG as described above even if the mod is switched off. However, the xbox runs if i disconnect the wire connecting the front switches to the mod chip. Does this mean its a hardware problem i.e. something came unsoldered?

This post has been edited by King_Nothing: Oct 10 2004, 03:24 AM