xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Evox M8 Release  (Read 654 times)

Exobex

• Archived User
Evox M8 Release
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2004, 04:02:00 AM »

No.  It means that only the first 137GB of the drive will be accessible.

One way around it is to get the bigger drive anyway.  When LBA48 support is released, choose the "Partition6 to 137GB/Partition7 takes rest of drive" mode, this will let you format the unused section as drive G:.

Exobex

• Archived User
Evox M8 Release
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2004, 04:04:00 AM »

<duplicate post removed>

heinrich

• Archived User
Evox M8 Release
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2004, 11:23:00 AM »

QUOTE (moomin @ Jul 9 2004, 11:57 AM)
I must sound like a complete noob now, but why is there a version for 1.0-1.5 if there is no difference between this and m7?

because it shouldnt really have been released.

heinrich

• Archived User
Evox M8 Release
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2004, 02:37:00 PM »

QUOTE (netrave @ Jul 9 2004, 06:35 PM)
is there a site to download official bios releases? so you dont get a screwed up tampered with one? for the m8

#xbins on efnet, and dont post questions like that on the forums.

GomerPyle

• Archived User
Evox M8 Release
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2004, 09:27:00 AM »

QUOTE (moomin @ Jul 9 2004, 03:57 PM)
I must sound like a complete noob now, but why is there a version for 1.0-1.5 if there is no difference between this and m7?

Actually wasnt M7 based on an earlier Kernal where as this new M8 is based off a brand spanking new kernal?

I thought it was same features newer kernal!  Makes sense to release the M8 since we get new Kernal stability! biggrin.gif

DarkMatter

• Archived User
Evox M8 Release
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2004, 04:34:00 PM »

I'm surprised I haven't seen any posts regarding bugs with the new M8 bios.
I've done a fair few X-Box mods and re-flashes since the release of the bios and I've found that on the odd ocassion when turning the X-box back on after a sucessful flash, the X-Box frags.
At first it was happening to v1.4 machines, but gravitated towards earlier versions.
There is no pattern to which the bios will work or fail.
I've tried on-board flashes, as well as programming the M8 in my programmer using WinLPC and OzXflasher. It doesn't matter how I do it, it fails every now and then.
I've tried flashing on the Aladdin Advance's as well as Xeniums.
I've yet to try the M1.6.
Has anyone else come accross this problem???
Regards,
DarkMatter

anu|b|iss

• Archived User
Evox M8 Release
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2004, 06:18:00 AM »

I've noticed this happen too.
On the odd boot it frags.

b-gates

• Archived User
Evox M8 Release
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2004, 08:11:00 AM »

QUOTE (Exobex @ Jul 9 2004, 11:05 AM)
No.  It means that only the first 137GB of the drive will be accessible.

One way around it is to get the bigger drive anyway.  When LBA48 support is released, choose the "Partition6 to 137GB/Partition7 takes rest of drive" mode, this will let you format the unused section as drive G:.

When I open my M8.bin file in EVTool I get all the usual LBA48 options. I've yet to test it's functinality with a large HD as I only have a 120GB in my xbox. I'll test it tonight or tomorrow as I'm installing a 160GB for a friend however I will go back to a X2 4982 after testing.

I've also never had it FRAG with M8 either. It's only been a few days since I flashed it though.

I'm re-flashing my own xbox with another X2 bios tonight cos the weird IGR in M8 pisses me off. Now you can also reset with

L-Trig
R-Trig
and by clicking down on both analog sticks.

Bogus.

Intensecure

• Archived User
Evox M8 Release
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2004, 09:31:00 AM »

because it shouldnt really have been released

WTF is that supposed to mean, really? Because Franz (SmartXX) released a beta version, Evolution X felt "obliged" to release a bios before it was ready? Or that they shouldn't have released the M8 for anything other than the V1.6 boxes, when M7 was sufficient for the rest? Somebody who actually knows, please clarify these statements!
As far as I have tested, M8 is a great bios because it has selective eject on reset, i.e. resets on games and not on CDs or DVD movies and audio, or when copying in DVD2Xbox. This, to me at least, is a good feature. Is it intentional? Or an aberration? No one seems to know, or want to say. Has features that M7 didn't have, I think.
Nghtshd released a great tool, EVtool, furthering the capabilities as per his original XBtool, so that M8 can have IGR and LBA48. Seems stable enough to me. I have flashed my Aladdin over a dozen times with M8, with different combos of fan speed, dash priority and colours and never had a frag. Lucky, hell yes!! But someone who knows more please elaborate on these "rumours" re M8. Was it a premature release, is it stable, should it best be used on 1.6 boxes, or what?
Why the low key release, the "M8 frags" stories, the "stick to M7" stuff?
I await with interest more details.

heinrich

• Archived User
Evox M8 Release
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2004, 02:09:00 PM »

QUOTE (Intensecure @ Jul 27 2004, 01:34 PM)
Or that they shouldn't have released the M8 for anything other than the V1.6 boxes, when M7 was sufficient for the rest?

yes

Intensecure

• Archived User
Evox M8 Release
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2004, 07:59:00 PM »

yes

Thank you, Heinrich, although one could never accuse you of loquacity wink.gif

heinrich

• Archived User
Evox M8 Release
« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2004, 08:16:00 PM »

smile.gif

although now, thanks to nghtshd and dootdoo, the modded m8's with lba48 and IGR are great, but at the time, there was no reason for the 1.0-1.5 release.  The bios's work fine on their intended xbox versions.

Intensecure

• Archived User
Evox M8 Release
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2004, 08:18:00 PM »

although now, thanks to nghtshd and dootdoo, the modded m8's with lba48 and IGR are great, but at the time, there was no reason for the 1.0-1.5 release. The bios's work fine on their intended xbox versions.

That's what I wanted to hear  biggrin.gif  beerchug.gif
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]