xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: What Is Wrong With My Xbox?  (Read 21 times)

Travinder

• Archived User
What Is Wrong With My Xbox?
« on: August 05, 2003, 01:40:00 PM »

(I originally posted this in the modchip installation forum, but now I think this is a bios problem)

Okay, I've posted some problems I've been having a couple times and after some good advice still seem to hit some pitfalls. Here is a procedeure of everything I have done and the results. Can someone please help me figure out what could be wrong?

1. Installed Xecuter lite 2.1 or 2.2 chip (not sure which, comes with Cromwell 1.8 bios) by soldering.

2. Cromwell boots up after several trials of getting frag and playing around with Enable/Disable, Protect/Unprotect, and Bank1/Bank2 switches. Successfull configuation = Disabled-Unprotect-Bank 2. MS logo still loads under logo but everything still appears to work regardless (I have always had the MS logo except when loading ozxflash where it says "Linux").

3. EvoX wouldn't load so I flashed the bios using EvoX D6 Bios and the ozxflash method. Flash successfull, Evox loads with little trouble. xBox is quite flakey with turning on however (especially cold boots) and often frags. The only working configuration is Disabled-Protect-Bank 2.

4. Evox working relatively well but I wish to upgrade the Bios to hopefully improve flakeyness.

5. Downloaded X2 4977 Bios, backed up HDD, then ftp'd the new bios files into the bios folder on the C: drive. (This was my first major screw up). Xbox loads to first screen after MS logo appears, box shuts down everytime.

6. Tried to reflash Bios using ozxflash and go back to D6. ozxflash loads prefectly, but bios cd's will not mount. ever.

7. Threw in a game to see what happens ans the game loads perfectly. Threw in an EvoX disc and it loads (unfortanetely I burned the wrong ISO with static IP set to YES and I have a router). Burn the proper EvoX cd but I haven't been able to get it to load again.

8. This is the problem I am at. ozxflash loads, bios's don't mount, games play normally, everything else (including EvoX CD) starts going then box shuts off once it hits the M$ logo for a few seconds (same thing happens with no disc in the drive).

I have followed all the tutorials on xbox-scene as well as some contributed faq's and I am still stuck.

Thank you so much for the help in advance.