xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: I Need To Get My Xbox Hard Drive Password  (Read 117 times)

truth_untold

• Archived User
I Need To Get My Xbox Hard Drive Password
« on: March 10, 2004, 10:13:00 PM »

I tried the 007 hack with the bert and erine explot. I did everything it said and my xbox wont boot up. I had the 13 error, 14 error and 21 error when tring to boot. My xbox booted up after I first did the hack then it slowly stop loading. I cant even get to the xbox dash. I need to be able to by-pass the xbox dash if possiable or to get away to access my hard drive from my computer but i dont have the password from the xbox. I need some sort of brute force attack on my hard drive. If any other information is need just post and i will try anything.
thanks in advance

SpIdErXeN

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2004, 07:32:00 AM »

Use a program calld configmagic!  IT kicks much ass, just copy it to your e\apps folder on your xboxs hard drive, then run it from your dash as an app.

SpIdErXeN

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2004, 07:34:00 AM »

Ehh shit i posted that before I fully read that you can't get to the dash.  Sorry man...goodluck, I had to return my xbox due to similar reasons...good thing I got the warranty.  EB rocks!

SpIdErXeN

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2004, 08:03:00 PM »

Hey man, I found a way that may be able to help you out.  If you can run linux on your pc, they have a custom driver which is written for linux, and will successfully add your xbox hd to your pcs device manager when its connected.  From here, you can fix your xbox hds files just by using linux.  I believe its called the linux hotswap method...dunno if youre capable of doing this, but i believe it may work, take it easy, and goodluck

Ghettofreeryder

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2004, 09:37:00 PM »

1)find modded xbox
2)load config magic into modded xbox
3)hotswap harddrives
4)requery harddrive
5)write down password

might take a few tries though

truth_untold

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2004, 10:45:00 AM »

thanks for all the help so far. what is the program name on linux that i need to get into the hard drive. I was wondering if there was a way to format and see if the xbox would put the bios back on the hard drive. I think i might be screwed if I cant get into my hard drive. The only thing that i was told to back up was the dash files i think. Does anyone know if the hard drive password is in the xboxbook file or xbox file?
thanks for the help so far.

RiceCake

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2004, 02:21:00 PM »

You have to hotswap, its well documented, and works even if the dashboard's messed up...

SpIdErXeN

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2004, 04:29:00 PM »

hi man, I think there may even be some tools on this site in the tools section that can help you accomplish this, I can't remember offhand exactly what it is, but i will check and post something as soon as i know. Take it easy

TMG8

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2004, 10:37:00 AM »

yes easy fix get a modchip flash a bios to it make the bios look for evoxdash.xbe get slayers auto installer or any evox type program and try boot it up like that you will be able to ftp etc fix it up!

Grospolina

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2004, 08:42:00 AM »

First, see if you can still boot games (turn it on with the game in the drive).  If you can, then you may be able to run the 007 hack to get FTP access.

If not, then you have to hotswap and then use either xlinux or HDD_Driver.  Look up a hotswapping tutorial and a tutorial on xlinux.

Ghettofreeryder's method will not work.  It will generate a password for the modded Xbox, which will be different from your password.

The password is not contained in either Xbox.xtf or XBox Book.xtf.  In fact, it's not contained on the hard drive at all, unless you have already run EvoX backup or ConfigMagic.