xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Hd Too Full.  (Read 106 times)

w00f

• Archived User
Xbox Hd Too Full.
« on: March 08, 2004, 03:32:00 PM »

hey, after i hacked my xbox using the MA save, i thought it would be really neat to put some games on the harddrive.

I put Amped 2 and need for speed underground onto my xbox and when i rebooted, i got a harddrive error.

After i talked to my buddy, i learned that u can only fill the drive so full, or it will stop working completely.

Here is my problem, I need a way to get the Xbox working again.  I have heard of various methods (hotswap, using a PC) and i'm just curious as to which way is most advantageous.

What is the best way to format and/or recover my Xbox harddrive so i can use it again?

Thanks for all info!!

-w00f!  <

Blank

• Archived User
Xbox Hd Too Full.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2004, 04:25:00 PM »

If you can't boot up to evox to format it/ftp to it, then a hotswap would be the best choice...  <

w00f

• Archived User
Xbox Hd Too Full.
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2004, 12:01:00 PM »

can someone point me in the direction of the best tutorial to solve my problem?

or any other solutions?

has this happened to anyone else before?

thanks  <

MadInsane

• Archived User
Xbox Hd Too Full.
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2004, 01:33:00 PM »

Hey buddy, i too have had this problem for about 8 hours now (since 4 am this morning BAH), and have come to the conclusion that with an exploit, you can ONLY RUN BACKUPS FROM DVD OR CD NOT FROM HARD DISK.   I am so freakin pissed right now....... :evil:   Oh ya, I am running on the stock 8 gig crappy hard drive.  Dont even try it....Just run your backups in the dvdrom!!  <

namzuf9

• Archived User
Xbox Hd Too Full.
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2004, 02:52:00 AM »

I'm using a font exploit and I've got the crappy WD 8 gig and I've had no problems running games from the HDD. When you upload them (or rip) make sure the destiantion folder is in E:/ (if you're running a stock HDD) The other partitions contain essiential data for the xbox and I believe (not sure I'm still learning) that one of the partitions is a swap file (virtual memory).

This is the guide I used when I hotswapped my drive to use the font exploit. Obciously ignore all the mentions of the fonts as you only want to access your drive. Take heed of the warning at the beginning though.

Just a thought, did you back up your drive to get a copy of your HDD key?
 <