xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: I'm A Little Confused With Dashboard Versions  (Read 121 times)

annoyingrob

• Archived User
I'm A Little Confused With Dashboard Versions
« on: March 08, 2004, 02:55:00 PM »

I currently have two xboxes, one modded, and one unmodded that I use for XBL. Obviously the unmodded xbox has the newest live dash. I was thinking, I want to try a system link game of hacked halo with my two xboxes. This of course would require me to change the cache files on my unmodded xbox. I'm thinking that I want to use one of the gamesave exploits simply to load up evox, to ftp over to my xbox.

The part I'm confused on, do these gamesave exploits need certain dashboards (like 4920) or is it just the font/audio exploits that need them. Could I put the MA gamesave on my xbox (which I can do with my memory card and modded xbox), and use that to simply load evox, or will it complain about the newer dashboard version? Also, how will these affect XBL? I'm not looking to install any of them permanently or anything, just to have the gamesave on hand in case I want to ftp to the box now and then. Will this work?

On a side note, I'm not so sure that the MA exploit will work for me, as I have downloaded content in the directory, and I don't really want to remove it, but I could if necessary. Because of this, I'm sort of leaning towards using the splinter cell exploit. Ive read that it only works if there are no other save games in the directory. Is this true, or does the splinter cell exploit also want me to remove all of the downloaded content?

Help would be appreciated in clearing this all up for me.   :)   <

JBNinja99

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2004, 03:14:00 PM »

you would be fine in using the gamesave exploit on your unmodded box w/ live. my friend who sometimes loads up halo hacks on his box is unmodded. simply loads the gamesave, adds the file in cache and loads halo. live will be fine. and gamesave exploits work with any dashboard.  <

Grospolina

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2004, 03:16:00 PM »

None of the gamesave exploits require a particular dashboard version.  They only require the correct version(s) of the game.  Only the dashboard exploits (font, audio) require certain dashboard versions.  For the MA hack, it doesn't have to be the only save.  However, you could back up your downloaded content if you wanted to.

What you propose should work fine.
 <

annoyingrob

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2004, 09:48:00 PM »

That's good to know, thanks all!  <

old engineer

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2004, 11:00:00 AM »

"None of the gamesave exploits require a particular dashboard version. They only require the correct version(s) of the game. Only the dashboard exploits (font, audio) require certain dashboard versions. For the MA hack, it doesn't have to be the only save. However, you could back up your downloaded content if you wanted to".

...So Grospolina just to be clear please, are u saying that the 007 hack where you have to use an audio CD and button combo to fire up PBL/EvoX is not dependent on any particular dash version?

...Does this mean that the 007 hack works on version 1.5 Xboxes as well?

Hope you can help, sorry if it confirms what you have already said but I've never managed to come across the info that you just stated.

:beer:

This post has been edited by old engineer: Mar 9 2004, 07:01 PM <

JBNinja99

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2004, 11:51:00 AM »

^^ what grospolina is saying is that gamesave exploits will work on any dashboard. if you have the 007 gamesave, you WILL be able to load it and run evox. you WILL be able to ftp to your box. but this doesn't necassarily mean that you can install exploits on your 1.5 box. installing exploits require the 4920 dashboard. so if you want to install the audio exploit w/ the button combo, you will need the 4920 dash. only the gamesave exploits will run on any dashboard.  <

old engineer

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2004, 02:36:00 PM »

Thanks JBNinja99, much appreciated for the info.

...So in theory you could get in to any dash with 007, and then downgrade by ftp'ing the 4920 dash over, so that the button combo hack could then be installed?

Please confirm that I'm on the right track here m8 for a 1.5 Xbox

:beer: .  <

JBNinja99

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2004, 02:54:00 PM »

oh it's not theory, it's fact. you can load up the 007 hack on your 1.5 box (probably the 5659 dash) then downgrade to 4920. from there you can load the audio hack. but remember, if you have kernel 5520+ PBL won't run.  <

JacobHK

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2004, 05:51:00 AM »

is this dash your talking about the live 2.0 dash?  <