xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Original Xbox Dash Playing Dvds In 720p W/fonts  (Read 140 times)

bustaasian

• Archived User
Original Xbox Dash Playing Dvds In 720p W/fonts
« on: February 23, 2004, 09:57:00 PM »

Is anyone able to use the original xbox dash w/the xbox dvd remote control in progressive scan using the fonts exploit?

I am not even able to use the original xbox dash to play dvds w/the xbox dvd remote control while using the Bert and Ernie Reloaded fonts hack.

Here is my setup:
Dash: 4920
Bert & Ernie Reloaded - original fonts renamed to .xft

original xbox dash in c:\xboxdash.xbe
evox in c:\default.xbe
Hex-modded progressive scan, hex-modded xtf to xft fonts, & signed xbox dash in c:\newxboxdash.xbe

evox.ini (parsing only the information related to dvd):
MSDashBoard   = "c:\newxboxdash.xbe"
AutoLaunchDVD   = Yes
DVDPlayer   = "c:\newxboxdash.xbe"

With this setup I place a DVD in the drive and turn on the xbox, it boots the DVD, displaying the FBI information and etc. However, if I am ever able lucky enough to reach the main menu without it rebooting, any button I press on the remote will reboot the xbox.

Booting completly into evo-x then inserting a DVD returns an error 21.

Booting into evo-x, then launching c:\xboxdash.xbe, then inserting a DVD returns error 21

Booting into evo-x, then launching c:\newxboxdash.xbe, then inserting a DVD returns the error "you must connect an xbox dvd playback kit to play DVDs" even though I have the dongle connected.

Any suggestions?
 <

oblox

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2004, 06:37:00 AM »

yeah you have to let evox boot first it reboots since you are calling on the fonts when you press the remote - strange I thought it would of rebooted earlier than this

your newxboxdash.xbe file is more than likely from a different dashboard version in which case you need the corresponding xboxdashdata folder that goes with it.
If your not running PBL first from the fonts exploit and just going directly into evox then you need to sign the newxboxdash.xbe with the font's signiture (see xbedump)  <

bustaasian

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2004, 03:15:00 PM »

My newxboxdash.xbe is from the same dashboard version, not a different one like you said, i used my original xboxdash.xbe to make newxboxdash.xbe.

The only modifications I made to newxboxdash.xbe vs the original xboxdash.xbe were:
1. changed all the .xtf extensions in the file to .xft (via hex-edit)
2. added progressive scan
3. signed newxboxdash.xbe w/font signature using xbedump

No, I am not using PBL.

Any other suggestions?  <

oblox

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2004, 03:33:00 PM »

Right sorry must of been too sleepy that day I wrote your reply

All the XIP's in the xboxdashdata folder are signed to the xboxdash.xbe your using so you need to point the xboxdash at a different set of xips and then use WinXIP to resign them all to get it to work

Best off going over to the dashboard forums to see their tutorials on the subject *phew*

Edit if your hexing a 4920 dash at around 00002860 you will see a ref for the xips if you want to install a second set you must change this ref to another location then all you need is the new set signed and in that location
'\Device\Harddisk0\partition2\xboxdashdata'

This post has been edited by oblox: Feb 27 2004, 11:38 PM <

bustaasian

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2004, 09:36:00 AM »

Tried everything you said and more, still doesn't work.
I get an error 21 if I boot to the new dash and then insert a dvd.
If I insert a DVD in Evo-X, then boot the dash I get an error saying that I need to connect a DVD playback kit (I do have my dvd dongle connected to the xbox).

These are the changes I made:
1. xboxdash.xbe renamed to xboxdasd.xbe
2. hex-edited xboxdasd.xbe for progressive scan patch, changed the value of xboxdashdata to xboxdashdatd
3. Re-signed xboxdasd.xbe w/WinXIP and second set of XIPs in folder xboxdashdatd.10027100
4. signed xboxdasd.xbe w/font exploit, uploaded new XIPs and xboxdasd.xbe to c:\

Theres a reference to y:\xboxdash.xbe in the original xboxdash.xbe, I even tried changing that to xboxdasd.xbe, same errors from both files.

Any other suggestions?

--bhishan  <

bustaasian

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2004, 06:18:00 PM »

Simple solution, you NEED to use Phoenix Bios Loader in order to do this.
I downloaded Signed_Phoenix_Bios_Loader_V1.3.rar and used it, then applied the progressive scan patch. worked like a charm.

i guess i was stuck on not using pbl, which is where i got stuck.

--bhishan  <

irajames1176

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

how in the world did you get 720p from the ms dash for movie dvds? i thought there was only a 420p patch?  <