xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: [question] 007 Hack + Swap  (Read 122 times)

[Rdrm]

• Archived User
[question] 007 Hack + Swap
« on: November 05, 2003, 09:36:00 AM »

Hey.. I Got a question.. I got an 1.4 unmodded XBox.. But i want it modded.. Dont know any modchip guy around here so i thought lets do it with a non Modchip Exploit..

Now my question is: Is it possible to swap HDD to the PC, put the 007 Nightfire + EvoX (or any other game's save) on my XBox, then Swap it back to my XBox, load the Save?

Thanks in Advance
Redrum

BaDaSSS

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2003, 06:54:00 AM »

Yes you can  ;)

I to am trying to do this but I am having great difficulties in doing the "HotSwap", Some people say wait for the HD to spin down i.e after 10-15 mins (but I have noticed personally that it doesnt + HD driver couldnt see the HD.
2 other people have suggested the "HotSwap" right before the XB0X loads to the dash ?

One other thing, if you have a 1.4/5 you are supposed to use the M7 Bios. But people dont say ethier to use the "Eject Fix" Version or the standard Version.

Good Luck

iLLNESS

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2003, 10:04:00 PM »

yes
MAKE SURE YOU PROGRAM YOUR XBOX WITH M7 BIOS

if you dont your xbox is FUCKED

anyways onto hotswapping...

the best way is to use xlinux.. it is a bootable cdrom usually with the 007 save... (i personally would like a mechassault/raincoat save.. if u can make one for me message me PLEASE!)

u can obtain this from xbins

next ud want to do the hotswap...

openn up your xbox.. make it easy to disconnect the xbox ide cable....
open up your pc.. i forget exactly which ide port u want (i believe primary slave or primary master.. itll tell you in xlinux) so make sure u have that open...

pop xlinux into your cdrom (whatever it is primary master or salve i forget)..
now turn on your xbox.... let it boot to the dashboard....
reboot your pc... and press PAUSE before it detects your ide drives.... (u knwo the good old checkign for ram screen and whatnto.. where u can go into system setup by pressing delete etc..).. well hit pause before it detects hard drives..

now heres the tricky part.... unplug your xbox ide cable.. then plug your pc ide cable (primary or slave whatever xlinux says in the manual) into the xbox hard drive.... make sure your xbox hdd does not touch any metal.. ull fry one like i did.. infact i learnt my lesson quick. any xbox i touch liek this i wrap in a towel and duct tape it...

ok once u got your xbox hdd plugged into the pc unpause it (usually pressing pause again or CTRL+Q

your computer should boot up normally and detect your xbox hard drive. if it doesnt u proly didnt let your xbox boot to dash or you took to damn long

oh did i forget to mention u want your pc to boot from cdrom first? ;)

once xlinux boots ur gonna want to type 'gogo' and press enter i believe
(once again it tells you in one of the files in the package)

if your xbox hdd and pc cdrom are in the correct positions (primary/slave master whatever) itll copy the saved file in the xlinux os to your xbox save partition

if all gooes well (ull know if it went wrong)
turn your xbox and pc off.. plug everything where it came from boot your xbox and check if the save is there

:>