xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Help, I Killed My Xbox  (Read 260 times)

jameszzz

• Archived User
Help, I Killed My Xbox
« on: November 01, 2003, 06:53:00 AM »

Please help me I am a dumb newbie. I used the 007 gamesave hack with Evox plus and saved it to hard drive etc. I loaded it up and got evolution x screen etc. Unfortunately  after installing evox I unlocked the hard drive ( I thought I had locked it again !). When I went to reboot the xbox it just crashes, call service (green writing on black screen) and wont boot xbox dash. Its a new unmodded box (the kids hate me now...).
Is there anyway I can fix it ?
Thanks for any help.

Jim    :(

Pestilence

• Archived User
Help, I Killed My Xbox
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2003, 07:04:00 AM »

Just read in the tuts section on switching hdd.  It will tell you what prg,etc you can use to lock and unlock your xbox hdd with your home pc.  Very easy and runs from dos

jameszzz

• Archived User
Help, I Killed My Xbox
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2003, 07:06:00 AM »

Thanks I will give it a go and post on the outcome.
Jim

jameszzz

• Archived User
Help, I Killed My Xbox
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2003, 06:06:00 AM »

If i am reading the right tut, then I need to do open up the xbox (Oh no, sweaty palms already..) and I also need the hard drive key, which unfortunately I dont have. Is there no other way to mend the xbox and at least get the normal dash backup ? I know its all my own fault for being dim. As it is the xbox cant load up anything, go to evox or go to normal dash.  I dont think Im gonna be able to do this.
Jim   sad.gif

t0ken

• Archived User
Help, I Killed My Xbox
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2003, 09:11:00 AM »

Dude, you are going to have to break down and get a modchip. That is the only way you can get the xbox to run on an unlocked hard drive.

jameszzz

• Archived User
Help, I Killed My Xbox
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2003, 09:10:00 AM »

Yes thanks for your help guys. I just wish I had been patient and waited to get someone smarter than me to softmod it. I think the modchip idea seems the only way to fix it from what I have read on here. Oh well (sobs !)
Jim    sad.gif

NooberTehGod

• Archived User
Help, I Killed My Xbox
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2003, 11:55:00 AM »

just out of curiosity, will the orig bios boot a game before the dash, even if the hdd is unlocked?

I assume not, but....

jameszzz

• Archived User
Help, I Killed My Xbox
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2003, 12:30:00 PM »

No it just goes to an error message, black screen green writing, call for service. I think the modchip idea is the only possible way to fix it. Unless anyone has any other suggestions that may save my sanity ?  Thanks
Jim   unsure.gif

Mclaren1

• Archived User
Help, I Killed My Xbox
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2003, 12:50:00 PM »

Take a look at http://www.sbeyer.ne...ouki/part5.html

I don't know if it will help!

Out of interest as I'm new to this to and I'm thinking of using the fonts mod as I only want to temporarily mod my Xbox, what exactly did you do wrong so I don't do the same!!

jameszzz

• Archived User
Help, I Killed My Xbox
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2003, 02:10:00 PM »

I'm so dim I'm still not really for sure what I did wrong, but I have a very strong suspicion it was unlocking the Hard Drive. I thought i had locked it again before rebooting, but ever since its unable to boot up the anything. I think it may have an internal security device thing, that prevents the Hard Drive being relocked. Either that or I just didn't relock the drive. I suggest you follow the Tutorials to the letter, and get help from someone who has done it before. Thanks for the post, I will update it if I ever get it fixed.
Jim

TreFacTor

• Archived User
Help, I Killed My Xbox
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2003, 02:40:00 PM »

If you can't boot an oiginal game i.e. 007/mech, then yes your have a nice black paperweight on your hands. how long have you had it, if you just got it, you can return it to the store and get another (it will probably be a different bundle, maybe newer and require some alteration to the softmod technique.) if not, then hot swapping is the only other alternative i think.

jameszzz

• Archived User
Help, I Killed My Xbox
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2003, 01:38:00 PM »

I have only had it a month, but I live in small town and bought it local, so I can't take it back really. I know a mate who has agreed to chip it for me now (this is going to hurt my wallet just before xmas (sob). He's sure this will fix it as he will put in a new hard drive. Oh well, I read that if you softmod wrong this can happen. I just should have been more careful. I got carried away when I saw on the net "its now childsplay to hack xbox". I'm only a newbie so it wasn't childsplay to me ! Thanks for the posts everyone.
Jim   sad.gif

dajuice

• Archived User
Help, I Killed My Xbox
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2003, 06:38:00 PM »

Add my xbox to the collection of huge black paperweights. I am in the same situation as jameszzz- I now have no more MS dashboard and can't even play an xbox game after trying to do the gamesave exploit. When I turn on my xbox it goes through the flubber animation and then displays that black screen with the green writings of death saying that my xbox needs service. Is this really the end of my xbox or can it be saved. If there is a way, can anybody point me to the right direction as to how to get back into my hard drive. Any help or advice is appreicated.

fluidmax

• Archived User
Help, I Killed My Xbox
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2003, 06:52:00 PM »

dajuice..get a modchip and you will be able to fix this problem ....good luck

dajuice

• Archived User
Help, I Killed My Xbox
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2003, 07:20:00 PM »

Thanks bro for the suggestion. Now only if I can come up with some spare cash. Hmmmmmmmm.
Pages: [1] 2