xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Modded Xbox Warning  (Read 195 times)

Rysjimmy1994

• Archived User
Modded Xbox Warning
« on: February 21, 2005, 07:57:00 PM »

Ok so i get home from a long day of work, sit down on my bed, fire up the good olde box to play some XBL halo 2 and woudnt ya know it i forgot to hold down the button on my box to turn the chip off.  What do i do.  Its my understanding that i have to replace the eprom.  Does anybody know where i can get one of those contraptions??  Any and all help would be amazing right now because i am pretty pissed.
 <

TfAv1228

• Archived User
Modded Xbox Warning
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 08:24:00 PM »

well that sucks u nned either a new hdd and eeprom or a new eeprom and new gt

if u get a new gt make sure u sign on with old gt on a friends box so u can messeage friends list about new gt

btw pick up some x2 4981 bios they have live blocker and works in xbtool so u can make the led do something different ive got 4981 bios with the led cycling red/orange,green,off or someting like that <

gamerguy999

• Archived User
Modded Xbox Warning
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2005, 08:27:00 PM »

You will need a new HD and a new eeprom, whether you get a new gamertag or not. <

Rysjimmy1994

• Archived User
Modded Xbox Warning
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2005, 08:33:00 PM »

Well i have X3 Ver. 2913 right now soo that should be good.  The wording on it is kinda confusing.  I should have it with XBL Login Disable = disable right??  Also I have an xtra harddrive but its locked and i dont have an unlock code for it (bought it off ebay)  do i have to get a harddrive and another eeprom from the same box??

This post has been edited by Rysjimmy1994: Feb 22 2005, 04:34 AM <

Rysjimmy1994

• Archived User
Modded Xbox Warning
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2005, 08:36:00 PM »

one more thing maybe i dont know what im talking about but do i have to replace the chip on the motherboard also or can i just reprogram it??
 <

marlboroa

• Archived User
Modded Xbox Warning
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2005, 08:39:00 PM »

the locked hard drive you have is a paperweight now  and you just need to reflash the eeprom on the motherboard not remove it      but you could if you really want to <

Rysjimmy1994

• Archived User
Modded Xbox Warning
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2005, 08:46:00 PM »

what do you mean?  Which harddrive the locked on i bought on ebay or the one i was using when i got banned.  I have three the ebay one,  the one that came with xbox, and my 160 gb one.  obviously cant use the 160 gb but can i reuse the one i got zapped with? <

{{909}}

• Archived User
Modded Xbox Warning
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2005, 09:00:00 PM »

punctuation and a spell check, all u need to make your post understandable <

Rysjimmy1994

• Archived User
Modded Xbox Warning
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2005, 09:05:00 PM »

If you cant understand that i think you need to go back to school and if ya dont have an answer for me dont post in my thread hows that for punctuation.  Im asking for help not a lesson in grammer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This post has been edited by Rysjimmy1994: Feb 22 2005, 05:07 AM <

xp-power

• Archived User
Modded Xbox Warning
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2005, 09:10:00 PM »

i have a X3 and been using it for about 3 months and i play on xbox live more then i play with the chip on and i havent been banned YET <

sheliak

• Archived User
Modded Xbox Warning
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2005, 09:17:00 PM »

Have you actually been banned yet?  If you have, you will need a new EEPROM and new Hard Drive, period.  The EEPROM can be re-flashed, you don't physically need a new one.  The hard drive you were using when you were banned can no longer go on live.  You can still use it in your xbox or in a PC but you cannot go on live with it in your xbox.  Hope that clears everything up. <

gpace00

• Archived User
Modded Xbox Warning
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2005, 09:21:00 PM »

You spelled grammar wrong.  Just thought I'd rub it in, because people are more likely to respond and help you if you spend the extra five seconds writing coherently. <

Rysjimmy1994

• Archived User
Modded Xbox Warning
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2005, 09:26:00 PM »

Im assuming i have been banned.  It hasnt flat out said that.  Let me get a pic thanks alot that does clarify a bit <

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Modded Xbox Warning
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2005, 09:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(gpace00 @ Feb 22 2005, 03:16 AM)
You spelled grammar wrong.  Just thought I'd rub it in, because people are more likely to respond and help you if you spend the extra five seconds writing coherently.

The point was already made. Picking on his spelling isn't helping him any. So leave it alone at this point.

Rysjimmy1994, as Sheliak said above you need a new EEPROM and HD. I haven't been watching recently, but you used to be able to buy EEPROMS for a few bucks on this site. It's basically just a number file. And I'm sure you can figure out here to find sa HD without me telling you. <

sheliak

• Archived User
Modded Xbox Warning
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2005, 09:31:00 PM »

If you can still log into live and haven't been banned yet, wait it out.  You may have just gotten lucky.  If/when a ban comes, then you need the new EEPROM and HD.  You can pick up EEPROMs from the BST boards here, I think they were around $15 last I checked but I could be wrong. <
Pages: [1] 2 3