xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help Needed Playing Mp3's From Cd-r/dvd-r  (Read 122 times)

barracuda

• Archived User
Help Needed Playing Mp3's From Cd-r/dvd-r
« on: May 03, 2003, 03:19:00 PM »

I put a new HDD in my box and did the Slayer v2.1 auto-install.  I'm running Evox D.6 red on an Apple-X chip.  I set it up for dual-boot.

I'm trying to play mp3's from cd-r or dvd-rw with XBMP and can't even see the files.  I've done cd-r's in 9660, dvd-rw's in 9660, UDF (1.02?) physical partition, and UDF(1.02?) physical partition with high compatibility(Nero) and I still can't see the files.   (Yes, my Phillips drive reads cd-r's fine.)  I haven't tried the other Nero UDF settings...they were UDF 1.5, UDF 2.01 and virtual partition settings.

Can someone help me out?

And is it possible to rip the mp3's from the disc to the HDD with XBMP?...or what XBox proggy would I need to do that?  I really don't want to do the FTP thing.

Thanks in advance!

barracuda

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2003, 03:02:00 PM »

sad.gif

JayDee

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2003, 03:32:00 PM »

Press Xn when playing a mp3. It will take you to the goom viz. (if you have version with it in)
Press A and you´ll see where to push.

barracuda

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2003, 09:35:00 AM »

Thanks Jaydee, I found it.

I burned a dvd-rw using the same settings as the cd-rw above and i'm still getting the "D: No Disc" in Evox.  XBMP doesn't recognize/show the files.  This is weird, I thought all XBox's read dvd-rw's!?  I guess it doesn't like my Princos.  
Uh well, I suppose I'll just use cd-r/rw's. :/

MasterBeta

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2003, 10:01:00 AM »

I backup my movies to Princo True-2X Media and it reads my movies just fine.  I have a V1.0 Xbox with a Thompson Drive.  I have not tried a DVD-R full of MP3s, but I think I have read that it is possible.  Let me know what you find out.