xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Mod To Setup Blade Displays How You Want:  (Read 896 times)

Chunk_1970

• Archived User
Mod To Setup Blade Displays How You Want:
« on: June 14, 2006, 06:56:00 AM »

This allows each of the blades to be configured individually to meet your needs.

These options can be accessed from the Advanced Settings.
There are 6 Different Formats for each blade:

Format 0: Default, No Change
Format 1: GamerTag = Weather
Format 2: GamerTag = Info
Format 3: GamerTag = Weather, Description = Info
Format 4: GamerTag = Info, Description = Weather
Format 5: Description = Info
Format 6: Description = Weather

Please note that this is not an Official Realease as I am not part of blackbot. This is however a modified version of the 499 version.

This allows users to configure what is displayed on the blades. examples and download for the modified scripts below.

For those of you using non-English includes. You will need to add the following into your includes.xml file.
The Standard English Version is in the Archive below.

<include name="30000"><label>View detailed weather</label></include>
   <include name="30001"><label>information for the</label></include>
   <include name="30002"><label>next few days.</label></include>

<include name="40000"><label>File-Manager utility to</label></include>
   <include name="40001"><label>Move, Copy, Delete</label></include>
   <include name="40002"><label>files.</label></include>

<include name="50000"><label>Select to Download</label></include>
   <include name="50001"><label>your GamerTag or to</label></include>
   <include name="50002"><label>create one.</label></include>

Advanced Setting Screen:
IPB Image

Media Blade (As Per Fomat Displayed on Advanced Screen):
IPB Image

Games Blade (As Per Fomat Displayed on Advanced Screen):
IPB Image

KAI/Extras Blade (As Per Fomat Displayed on Advanced Screen):
IPB Image

Files: Modified (PAL Directory)
http://www.bestshari...9-Mods.zip.html

-Kaspers

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 09:36:00 AM »

Nice modification!
I think Blackbolt can add this stuff as default, that you can set infocard on games blade and weather card on media blade.

Good stuff.

mbay

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 08:01:00 PM »

Chunk_1970,

when you state "Pal Directory", is this just for PAL users only?

Great work, btw!

mstandlee

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 10:40:00 PM »

Hi. Nice mod.. but I cant get it to display the titles of the gamertag replacements.. Like the weather for example.. It dosent display the place in the orange bar.. It dosent have anything there for any of the gamercard changes.. Please post any help you have to offer..

Thanxs,
mstandlee

Harmagaddon

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 10:58:00 PM »

Hey chunk_1970........... Could you please make this an option for those of us that still use the TECH666 build. I personally like the XLink KAI blade, but would like to have the option to display the weather and sys info in some blades instead of the gamercard in all. If this is not possible with the old Tech666 release then maybe then with a new build that allows you to choose between the XLink KAI blade and the Extras blade.

4k_sp4d35

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 02:05:00 AM »

I personally like the XLink KAI blade, but would like to have the option to display the weather and sys info in some blades instead of the gamercard in all.

I havn't messed around with the gamercard too much in the xml files, but (if I'm not mistaken) there's individual scripts for the gamercard, the weather card, and the system info card...seeing as how the gamercard is the default on each skin, wouldn't it be possible to go into each skin, copy and paste the particular script (weather, stats, etc.) into each one, making each blade have whatever you wanted?

Chunk_1970

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 03:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(4k_sp4d35 @ Jun 15 2006, 08:36 AM) View Post

I havn't messed around with the gamercard too much in the xml files, but (if I'm not mistaken) there's individual scripts for the gamercard, the weather card, and the system info card...seeing as how the gamercard is the default on each skin, wouldn't it be possible to go into each skin, copy and paste the particular script (weather, stats, etc.) into each one, making each blade have whatever you wanted?

If you copy and paste from each script you will need to change the <posx> because for each blade to the left you have to take 35 from all of the <posx> values. If you just copy and paste from one blade to the other the Gamertag will be out of positions. Have a look at my post earlier that allows you to change each blade format to suit various needs..

QUOTE(Harmagaddon @ Jun 15 2006, 05:29 AM) View Post

Hey chunk_1970........... Could you please make this an option for those of us that still use the TECH666 build. I personally like the XLink KAI blade, but would like to have the option to display the weather and sys info in some blades instead of the gamercard in all. If this is not possible with the old Tech666 release then maybe then with a new build that allows you to choose between the XLink KAI blade and the Extras blade.

I have done an Updated version where the extras/kai blade has the Xlink Connect button.  It's simple but it works.. If you want I will upload the Files..

QUOTE(mstandlee @ Jun 15 2006, 05:11 AM) View Post

Hi. Nice mod.. but I cant get it to display the titles of the gamertag replacements.. Like the weather for example.. It dosent display the place in the orange bar.. It dosent have anything there for any of the gamercard changes.. Please post any help you have to offer..

Thanxs,
mstandlee

Have you restarted XBMC. If the problem still exists can you post some screenshots so that I can see exactly what the problem is..

QUOTE(mbay @ Jun 15 2006, 02:32 AM) View Post

Chunk_1970,

when you state "Pal Directory", is this just for PAL users only?

Great work, btw!

The Pal Directory is  XBMC/skin/MC360/PAL:
No its is not just for PAL users it is just the default setup..

permarco

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 07:49:00 AM »

This is a screenshot of my "default" Kai blade

(IMG:http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/6391/screenshot0007tj.jpg)

as you can see i'm not able to see my gamercard name + description, i tried both downloading gamercard from xbox.com and editing it with internal editor.

Apart form this bug great mod (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Chunk_1970

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 07:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(permarco @ Jun 15 2006, 02:20 PM) View Post

as you can see i'm not able to see my gamercard name + description, i tried both downloading gamercard from xbox.com and editing it with internal editor.

Apart form this bug great mod wink.gif

Have you tried RESET DEFAULTS to reset clear all of the options..Dont forget that this is based on the latest release of MC360 with the XBMC t3ch release dated on the 11th 06 2006. Are all blades the same?

LivHard

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2006, 07:46:00 AM »

This also Happnes when you use the mc360 font  smile.gif

Chunk_1970

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006, 08:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(LivHard @ Jun 15 2006, 02:53 PM) View Post

This also Happnes when you use the mc360 font  smile.gif

Thanks For that. Just tried it on mine and alot dissappears, still displays more info than his screen shows though?

HowlinPsycho

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2006, 04:48:00 PM »

It freezes my box when choosing Weather from the extras blade.
Dunno if it me, or if this happens to others to.

permarco

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2006, 04:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(Chunk_1970 @ Jun 15 2006, 03:46 PM) View Post

Have you tried RESET DEFAULTS to reset clear all of the options..Dont forget that this is based on the latest release of MC360 with the XBMC t3ch release dated on the 11th 06 2006. Are all blades the same?

thanks a lot, it worked for me biggrin.gif ... as always thanks to BB, his team and you wink.gif

PS i'm using 2006-06-11 TECH and the updated skin from blackbolt site
PPS one last note, RSS feed does not show in games blade set to "format-2". In media, extras and system blade it shows up regularly.
PPPS wink.gif, i just set the media blade ti "format-2" like the game one and the RSS works as with other settings, maybe it's a problem of mine ...

Chunk_1970

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2006, 04:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(HowlinPsycho @ Jun 15 2006, 11:19 PM) View Post

It freezes my box when choosing Weather from the extras blade.
Dunno if it me, or if this happens to others to.

I have heard of other people with problems accessing the weather. Are you using the latest version of XBMC and MC360. This mod was designed from the 499 release of MC360..

QUOTE(permarco @ Jun 15 2006, 11:33 PM) View Post

thanks a lot, it worked for me biggrin.gif ... as always thanks to BB, his team and you wink.gif

PS i'm using 2006-06-11 TECH and the updated skin from blackbolt site

Glad its working.. Blackbolt have done such a good job designing the new skin. The problem is with such a huge interest people like myself who never looked at how skins worked before are tinkering and having fun..Its such a joy to use.

I have an updated version that enables access to KAI via a button in the extras blade..Looking into other functionality..

HowlinPsycho

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2006, 04:39:00 PM »

yes i am using the latest of both..... just waiting for a newer xbmc to be released, so this freezing shit can go away tongue.gif
Pages: [1] 2