xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xlink Kai  (Read 154 times)

xflbret

• Archived User
Xlink Kai
« on: January 28, 2009, 12:39:00 PM »

Anyway, just because a lot of folks (especially those not wanting to play HALO 2) have lost interest, I am still interested...especially since I just got it working for the first time last week.

I love the mc360 skin, but there's no way to access xlink kai in it. I know xlink kai works and all and I can access it via the pm3 skin, but can't in the mc360 skin.

I understand xlink kai has been removed from the mc360 skin in recent builds, but is in an older build. What's the latest build of mc360 to support xlink kai, and where can I find it?

Thanks in advance

jamesr625

• Archived User
Xlink Kai
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 02:54:00 PM »

I also just got back into playing on kai, it's like LIVE without the 12 year olds! (to bad 360 doesn't work on kai sad.gif) As for your question I didn't even know you could still use kai straight from the dash. I thought after kai was updated that feature was murdered. Sorry I couldn't answer your question but if you wanna play halo2 on kai some time my tag is northshore777.

Beastmaster

• Archived User
Xlink Kai
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 11:55:00 AM »

Hey xflbret for mc360 you want Rev1611-2008-07-25 this was the last build to have xlink in
and For XBMC the last rev was 2008-07-15_rev14095

I hope this helps. I too still play xlink, it is easier to use xlink from the skin, not that the computer gui is hard to use i find it more easier turn my xbox then xlink gui loads i can join a area pick my game and play and  the users on xlink are great then the dam kids on live.
It's funny i talk on my headset more on xlink and i do on live.

If you want to add me to play games my gamertag is BeastMstr
i play alot of far cry, counter strike, land of the dead, call of duty 3 and some halo 2.

Beastmaster.

xflbret

• Archived User
Xlink Kai
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 04:46:00 PM »

Are you saying that there's a way to activate xlink on the xbox and xbox only, completely taking the PC out of the equation?

This seems like a no-brainer that's long overdue, but as I understand it xlink on xbox requires the tunneling software to run on the pc and there's no way around that.

cbagy

• Archived User
Xlink Kai
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 10:58:00 PM »

only just stumbled on this thread, im also interested in using xlink on the xbox witout a pc, was it the m360 skin and is it not compatable with newer svn xbmc ?

xflbret

• Archived User
Xlink Kai
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 12:35:00 PM »

So, can someone help me obtain the latest MC360 that is compatible with xlink kai? Please?

cbagy

• Archived User
Xlink Kai
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 06:44:00 PM »

m360 is available on blackbolts site, you will need an older build of xbmc also

cbagy

• Archived User
Xlink Kai
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 07:03:00 PM »

"for mc360 you want Rev1611-2008-07-25 this was the last build to have xlink in"

finding it difficult to find this build, any ideas ?

Beastmaster

• Archived User
Xlink Kai
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 12:12:00 PM »

Hey cbagy if you still that mc360 skin with xlink please pm your email address and i can send you a copy.

Beastmaster.

xflbret

• Archived User
Xlink Kai
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2009, 01:04:00 PM »

any progress on getting that icon/avatar pack that works so the xbox wont freeze up when accessing kai anymore?

xflbret

• Archived User
Xlink Kai
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 09:38:00 PM »

Any progress with getting that version of MC360 that's compatible with xlink kai? I would still love to have that!

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
Xlink Kai
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2009, 10:48:00 PM »

This. Pay attention to the final step in the guide. According to Beastmaster, 1611 is the revision number you should be using there.

Edit: Though now that I think about it, MC360 shares it's SVN with a bunch of other skins... so likely the revision numbers are messed up beyond coherence... not sure how well this'll work.

Harlock_Gbase

• Archived User
Xlink Kai
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2009, 01:39:00 AM »

There WAS an option to take out the PC off the equation. You could run the Kai engine on a Linksys WRT54G router with the right firmware, but this kai engine package has been discontinued afaik. What the people above were referring to is the possibility to browse arenas and such within XBMC without having to run back and forth from your computer all the time.