xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Fix For The Blade Animation  (Read 93 times)

ventline

• Archived User
Fix For The Blade Animation
« on: August 07, 2006, 05:58:00 PM »

Ok well if you have not noticed that when you hold down the D-pad so the blades go really fast theres a hiccup in the animation. I've been useing the MC360 biuld from June 21st and XBMC build from June 18th because it never happened back then. I would like to point out what i changed was the same in that old build and the latest build of July 27th. So I can't tell you what happened in XBMC but Blackbolt didn't do it. But the good news is Blackbolt can fix it before the next release. All that needs to be done is change
<animation effect="fade" delay="100">Focus</animation>
into
<animation effect="fade" time="100">Focus</animation>
for each of the four blades.
For thoughs who cant wait there is only one time you need to replace it in custom1114_LiveHome.xml and Settings.xml but two times in custom1112_GamesHome.xml and Home.xml there is no more or less.

Also BB in the home.xml under "DVD Button start Disc description 1" there is this
<animation effect="fade" delay="100" time="150">WindowOpen</animation>
but in the rest it's
<animation effect="fade" time="100">WindowOpen</animation>
Don't know if it matters or not just saw that it was different. With that delay would'nt it just take longer to show the title of a dvd??

DeadPrez

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 07:46:00 PM »

Holly Thanks Alot, Never Thought Anybody would notice this bug.. I've been trying to find out what does this !!

Thanks so much Ventline !!!

THEKIDD

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 06:52:00 PM »

thx this fix that problem
feel better now

ventline

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 07:32:00 AM »

Well I'm glad some pepole like the fix.

QUOTE(SEHF @ Aug 9 2006, 12:42 PM) View Post

Thanks...this seems to have helped the switching of blades.  I didn't like the small pauses.  This makes the dash work faster, thanks!

I don't know if it speeds it up but it does keep it in sync

THEKIDD

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2006, 02:41:00 PM »

i guest it speeds it up because u keep messing wit it you would one of the blades go mad fast

mbay

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 12:04:00 AM »

ventline,

thank you very much! smile.gif i had noticed that a while back and wasn't sure if this could be rectified, so your help is greatly appreciated.

Mios∞ft

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2006, 08:32:00 AM »

I think the delay was introduced because,
During the delay, the buttons(panels) are redrawn. W/out delay , we would be seeing the pause before the buttons become visible and usable.

THanx for the great contribution, it does truly speed up/ Remove the lag.

ventline

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2006, 06:25:00 PM »

Well I'm glad I could help out some of you. But this did make an adverse effect that I didn't notice right away. The blade started to show up to soon. Also if you use the newer releases of xbmc it seems not as bad, but still there. So if you add time="100" instead of replacing delay="100" this makes it work just fine. So this <animation effect="fade" delay="100">Focus</animation> should look like this <animation effect="fade" time="100" delay="100">Focus</animation> to fix it.

P.S. This does slow it down a little bit from the other fix, but keeps things in sync and not showing up to soon.