xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: MC360 XBMC Skin Work Ongoing  (Read 37 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
MC360 XBMC Skin Work Ongoing
« on: July 17, 2006, 08:07:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | July 17 22:07 EST

From Team Blackbolt:

I thought everyone deserved an update as you have all been so kind and supportive of our little project here. Work on MC360 is progressing well, I myself have been away for a few days but upon returning I got a real sense of the teamwork and work load that is put out by the coders working on the skin. There where many new features and additions that I had not seen before so well done guys from me personally. With regards to a release to go along with the T3CH release for the 16th, we don't feel that there is enough of a reason to release the skin yet with the changes made. We have 2 MAJOR elements going on at the moment within the skin, one is the new XBMC Live section which is shaping up nicely, the other is one big element that many people have been waiting for. Lossol93 is heading the true HD font conversion, he is also looking into our true wide-screen support. The skin current supports stretched wide-screen, which was purpose built in, but we and everyone want a true wide-screen mode for those 70% of XBMC users that use it. The only reason that it hasn't been implemented so far is the skin is developed in PAL 4:3. that's just the way it goes, and until we have the layout and design for the 4:3 mode done we won't be finishing the true 16:9. But, as we grow closer to the 1.0 release the skin is shaping up and nearing its W/S conversion so there is hope yet for you guys.

Also the Superman Returns theme is suffering from my personal lack of time. I am still designing it so its not vapour ware and I do realise a lot of you guys don't really care about it, but its specifically for those that do and enjoy superman. So look forward to that soon. More themes will come soon and a better feature packed MC360 will be out soon too, the current version of MC360, the 10th July 0.98656 version works fine with the latest T3CH so everyone should be fine. We will update everyone when the next release is coming out.

Official Site: http://blackbolt.x-scene.com

quarky42

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 07:23:00 PM »

Like the MC360 a lot.  Glad to hear it is coming along nicely.

I hope you don't leave out those oddballs of us that have HighDef Fullscreen displays.  Blasphemy you say?  Nah, I have a Toshiba TV that supports 1080i in 4:3.  It will even upconvert other signals to 1080i.  (not that great of a feature, but not bad either except for pelican lightguns which will not work on this setup)

But I digress:  I'd love to have 1080i skin/XBMC up and running that I could actually read.  A Fullscreen HighDef mode would be killer if time permits.

I wish the xbox 360 and its games had support for high definition tvs that were in fullscreen format.  NFS Most Wanted looks pretty good in HighDef but on my screen the better looking cars are messed up by a bad aspect ratio.

This post has been edited by quarky42: Jul 18 2006, 02:27 AM

mbay

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 07:34:00 PM »

too bad for high def games being distorted, but i'm sure they'll work on it. right now i think they're focussing on getting as much product out there to be "on top", so to speak.

but mc360 for wide high def? that's very cool!

Pheidias

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 01:56:00 AM »

Quarky I'm pretty sure your tv has a function that pulls down the picture so it will become 16:9. If I were you i'd use that on games if you wanna use 1080i.

Fred_PJ

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

Are the guide blades going to be redesigned (color/shadow fix) soon?

In my opinion, that should one of the top priorities...

This post has been edited by Fred_PJ: Jul 18 2006, 12:02 PM