xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Random Freezing  (Read 67 times)

AnonymousCaller

• Archived User
Random Freezing
« on: June 11, 2006, 10:49:00 PM »

Heres what I did, reinstall the the XBMC T3CH 6.11.06. When you switch skin to MC360 you're in SystemBlade select Callibrate and make it the way you want. That's what I did and it seemed to work, and the problem with freezing just went a way. Not actually sure why it's happening but I did this and it seemed to work.

Orbit

• Archived User
Random Freezing
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 12:30:00 AM »

I due the system calibrations and settings right after I install. Is it maybe because I'm using a softmod but I don't see that as a problem because Mayhem III works fine. I noticed one thing when I'm in Media blade and scroll down to Videos it always locks but if I scroll up to get to Videos it does not freeze.

pikapben

• Archived User
Random Freezing
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 02:22:00 AM »

I am also getting locking when ever I go to the system blade, or scroll down to movie trailers in the media blade. I am using MC360 Beta 0.97499 and XMBC 06-06-11 CVS T3CH build. I have deleted the XBMC folder and re-installed both XBMC and MC360, deleted the contents of the e:/cache, x:, Y:, and z: directories. However, it still locks up. Also, the PM3 skin works fine and does not lock up. I am able to go into games, videos, music, pictures, and press the white button and access their individual settings without it locking. I am not sure why it locks at the system blade, or when selecting movie trailers.

radd

• Archived User
Random Freezing
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 03:34:00 AM »

Clean install of 6/11, no mods.

Mine is freezing on the games blade at 720p.  I go to system blade and switch to 480p, then getting lockup on system blade.  *waits patiently for next build*  smile.gif

morbidj

• Archived User
Random Freezing
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 03:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(radd @ Jun 12 2006, 11:41 AM) View Post

Clean install of 6/11, no mods.

Mine is freezing on the games blade at 720p.  I go to system blade and switch to 480p, then getting lockup on system blade.  *waits patiently for next build*  smile.gif

I am having the same exact issues, Still an awesome work in progress thanks team BlackBolt

Rinaldo

• Archived User
Random Freezing
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 08:45:00 AM »

I have this problem too.. mine freezing on:
Aplications
Movie Trailers
Videos..

i clean save before start new xbmc..
and i try on 666 release too.. ( just change MC360 new skin) evrithing works the same..  againg freezing..

kics

• Archived User
Random Freezing
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2006, 08:49:00 AM »

mine freezes when i go to the game saves .... btw i didn't noticed that i ran out of space of E ....  sad.gif

Rinaldo

• Archived User
Random Freezing
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2006, 09:43:00 AM »

i just repear freezing ot apearance and videos .. jsut y must SPEED on ap or vid. and fast A button USE, if u sucess then no freezee again..

now only freeze on Movi Trailers.. i wont to DELETE this menu but dont know how... or  if Builders see this theme, they must change it with some great script or etc.. or  Fix it..

gonkle

• Archived User
Random Freezing
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2006, 01:21:00 PM »

i get freezes when i open open the shutdown blade and press up while the blade is shutdown blade hasnt appeared completely, this bug is reproductable. looks like it cant handle 2 things at one time.

BTW: it always takes ages when accessing the game menu, looks like it always creates the thumbnails from new or something.

NoVA iS SiCK

• Archived User
Random Freezing
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2006, 04:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ Jun 13 2006, 04:47 AM) View Post

Ok i'll save you the hassle download this file
http://blackbolt.x-s...om/includes.xml  <--- right click save target as
and replace the one in the pal dir then reboot XBMC
the only difference from the t3ch build one is all the descritpion text has been removed but I'm pretty sure it will stop the lock up because I'm pretty sure I know what the problem is

It solves the issue.