xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: About The Always Accessible Home Blade  (Read 352 times)

Blackbolt

• Archived User
About The Always Accessible Home Blade
« on: March 15, 2006, 06:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(ameba @ Mar 16 2006, 01:25 AM) View Post

I was just wondering, maybe if there was a way to encorporate emulators and programs to be part of xmbc, then it could be possible.  Like in surreal64, a menu comes up.  If you encorporate it with XMBC, you can ahve the home blade come up.  Same thing when watching a DVD, or using Mimesis or something like that.

Maybe even have an xbox emulator that plays xbox games and other programs through xbmc.
<invisitext>just kidding about the last one of course </invisitext>

No No No No No no no non on no no no no nononononnnonnonooonoononononoooooooooo!

You need to have a basic understanding of how programs work on the xbox before suggesting things like that! biggrin.gif

Hades_666

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 10:55:00 AM »

All i can say is WTF. you must be very young and not to knowledgable in programming. This will NEVER be implements on the xbox. Games are not developed to allow it.

Hades_666

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 02:41:00 PM »

sorry, that was directed towards you. My commet was for jack003. He sounds and types like my 13 year old bratty cousin.

RolfLobker

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 02:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(ameba @ Mar 16 2006, 10:14 PM) View Post

obviously you guys are missing something.  All I'm saying is work with the person/people who made surreal so you can make it part of XBMC.  That was, instead of the surreal menu that come sup when you push down the right analog stick, the home blade comes up (with a section where you can edit settigns and such for the emulator)

read the first post again wink.gif  carefully.  I thought maybe blackbolt would have seen it since he quoted me

Who wrote this than?

QUOTE(ameba @ Mar 16 2006, 02:25 AM) View Post

Maybe even have an xbox emulator that plays xbox games and other programs through xbmc.

jack003

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 04:14:00 PM »

I obviously wasn't serious. I used to run a star wars modding forum and these kids that come in that can't appreciate the work it takes to make a mod  (or program, xbmc, skins, etc) really tick me off. not directed toward ameba or anything, but other threads ive seen on here . . .

debikkel

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2006, 12:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(ameba @ Mar 16 2006, 02:25 AM) View Post

<invisitext>just kidding about the last one of course </invisitext>

Yes, this would be SOO cool. If you can call the developer of de playstation 2 emulator too he can compile his emulator for inclusion in xbmc that way we can play playstation 2 games and click on a button and be back in the home blade!!!! OMG! How cool would that be? And now that this new mc360 skin makes the xbox into an xbox 360 and it will play xbox 360 games too, will it also support wifi because the real 360 does that too? I can't wait for the mc360 upgrade to come so i can play 360 games and playstation 2 games and record tv with it and download stuff with the mc360 bittorrent client. Blackbolt you rUUUUUULE! And all this in gwbasic... wow. I did not know it was that powerful.

I have just one question. I hope it is not stupid: will mc360 be forwards compatible with the new playstation 3?

Have a great weekend!!!

;-)

asteron

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 09:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(ameba @ Mar 20 2006, 09:23 PM) View Post

unlike you, I'm serious...

Even if you wanted to have the XBMC devs add the surreal N64 emulator to the source.... why are you asking it in this skin's forum?  You should head over to XBMC's feature request forum so we can laugh at you.

slang123

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 10:45:00 AM »

I just read this thread:
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=498184
Looks like a promising replacement for the rom lists smile.gif But im not sure if thats what you meant

johnnywikked

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2006, 06:39:00 AM »

I think what he means, is with Xports emulators, with the 360 skin for those, if you open up the "menu", will it come up the same way as the guide does on a real 360.

ameba

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2006, 09:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(slang123 @ Mar 21 2006, 06:52 PM) View Post

I just read this thread:
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=498184
Looks like a promising replacement for the rom lists smile.gif But im not sure if thats what you meant

QUOTE(johnnywikked @ Apr 11 2006, 01:46 PM) View Post

I think what he means, is with Xports emulators, with the 360 skin for those, if you open up the "menu", will it come up the same way as the guide does on a real 360.

Indeed.

deadparrot

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2006, 11:47:00 AM »

It is not possible, as the xbox can only excecute one program at a time, and games do not have the guide menu built in.  If you want to work miracles with the kernel, then I assume it could be done, but it would be far too much to do and is above the level of most people here.

deadparrot

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2006, 02:05:00 PM »

No, he's referencing to the features built into surreal64 as a comparision.  You can access the emulator settings while in-game, because the rom is run within the emulator, it is not excecuted as a seperate program.

rocky5

• Recovered User
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2006, 02:59:00 PM »

here is a mock of what they mean.
IPB Image

netdroid9

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2006, 06:43:00 PM »

That would be pretty nice, does Surreal64 support skinning?

Spaceman2004

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2006, 01:27:00 AM »

It can be done, it would be kinda slow and not so smooth as you skipped in and out of each emu, but it still could be done with some skinning and coding from all the different parties! But that would be most likely the largest project ever done! It would be kinda cool if it was pulled off, but people are slowly moving on to bigger and better things!
Pages: [1] 2