xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Mediastream :: The Wait Is Over !  (Read 1018 times)

PantsOnFire

• Archived User
Mediastream :: The Wait Is Over !
« Reply #105 on: November 05, 2008, 10:52:00 AM »

Glad to see the old font being available smile.gif

Just a thought.. I don't know if this is xbmc's fault, or the skin..  but in coverflow  (mypictures)  the thumbnails are quite rough looking. Switch to another view type and they might be perfectly clear, or pick another and they will be blur at first, then come clear.

When we're scrolling through the images in  ImageStream view, we catch glimpses of the MYPictures background in the transition between one photo and the next. Is there any way to eliminate this? It can seem confusing.

- One last thought, has Team Razorfish ever considered adding some pink into the colour scheme? It's not something that would come to my mind typically, but when I saw bbc using it I thought, wow thats actually pretty nice:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/
I don't know if it's something the team would really want to do tho, as I think they quite pride themselves on how unique the skin is, without having to jock other styles.

ps - Im not keen how the vice city image is used to demo the viewtype in my pictures. I was involved with that title and im sick of it! haha  tongue.gif biggrin.gif

This is all I can think of off the top of my head, other than that, strength to strength. Liking the skin.

PantsOnFire

• Archived User
« Reply #106 on: November 07, 2008, 12:13:00 PM »

Looking forward to that record button in music OSD smile.gif  smile.gif

JustMeD

• Archived User
« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2008, 10:44:00 AM »

MediaStream v0.97 Released (10/11/2008)

Thanks to everyone for their feedback on the last release and in this release you should find fixes for most of the issues raised. Additionally we've added an Episode Thumb version of the Wall Stream view, better watched/unwatched info to the TV Shows version of Media Preview and an option for more configurable Lyrics script handling as well as other stuff detailed below. Enjoy

As usual you can download the skin from our website, http://www.teamrazor...ediastream.html

The changes since the last release are as follows:

* Added: Episode Thumb version of Wall Stream view
    * Added: Watched/Unwatched Episode counts to TV Show version of Media Preview
    * Added: Option to change the path to the XBMC Lyrics script
    * Added: Option to hide thumb images in Options Menu (reduces memory usage slightly)

* Fixed: Vertical position of list in Seasons view
    * Fixed: Vertical alignment of text in buttons
    * Fixed: Vertical aligment of Media Count number text for 4x3
    * Fixed: Width of time labels in Video OSD (so that it works with large times in larger fonts)
    * Fixed: Width of buttons in Media Source dialog so that it also fits with the larger fonts

* Updated: Widened Context menu for 4x3
    * Updated: Widened buttons in Video OSD Bookmarks
    * Updated: Moved text on Bigger Clock down slightly
    * Updated: German, Spanish, Italian, Greek and French translations

We really need your feedback so please post if you have any comments, suggestions or feedback and we'll aim to deal with them as soon as we can.

PLEASE NOTE: The skin is being developed based on the latest version of XBMC (T3CH release for Xbox and update to date builds for other platforms) so please make sure you have the latest version before posting about any problems.

Oh and Pants I haven't forgot about you.  That request is in our tracker and will be looked at as soon as.

D

PantsOnFire

• Archived User
« Reply #108 on: November 16, 2008, 08:20:00 PM »

Using the latest SVN of xbmc Win32, and latest build of MediaStream (0.97):

Noticed a few things:

* If you select to view by library, instead of files, xbmc fails to remember this for next time you hit my videos. I am guessing this is a problem with MediaStream, as it works as it should do using other skins.

* When I store a film to dvd, I put on the disc:
Film.mkv
Film.jpg
Film.tbn
folder.jpg

(just to make sure I get at least one of the images to show up) smile.gif

I'm really chuffed to see the option to let users choose a folder to grab DVD background images (I set mine to the dvd drive-  but they do come out a bit stretched :s     A typical dvd cover has book-like dimensions, but Mediastream stretches the image across the screen- any way to keep the aspect ratio? (so all you have is a nice picture of the coverart showing?)

last thing,
* When I boot xbmc, (fresh install of latest SVN Win32 with MediaStream 0.97), the cursor highlights "Check The Weather" by default. The problem I have is, the rest of the graphics fail to load in. If you move up and down, they then will, but I think they should be there regardless right?

IPB Image

JustMeD

• Archived User
« Reply #109 on: November 21, 2008, 01:41:00 PM »

MediaStream v0.99 Released (21/11/2008)

Only one step away now from the mythical (or so it seems anyway) v1.00 release and hopefully now we're getting to a stage where most of the bugs and issues are now cleared up and the skin works for 99% of the users. We've done quite a bit of work this time on clearing up most of the issues and options that people have been asking for and also a bit more work on reducing the memory usage of the lite theme (we can't really do much more or we'll lose the skin's identity).

The big thing to note for this release is that if you find any problems or issues then you need to post details ASAP. We are planning to release the V1.00 release in the next couple of weeks and once that is out we won't be doing many further releases for a while as we are going to be concentrating on developing the new skin (one for the fanart-fanboys).

As far as we're concerned we have pretty much added all the features we originally planned to and dealt with all the issues that needed sorting so if there's anything still not working or missing then you need to let us know now. (This does not include changes to views/layouts based on your own particular preferences as we're now at a stage where we think we've finished the design part of the development, it's now time to make sure it's stable and operational).

It's almost certainly not the end of the development of the skin as we may decide to come back and make changes or add new features in the future but for now we need to move on and concentrate on something new.

As usual you can download the skin from our website, http://www.teamrazor...ediastream.html

* Added: Music Now Playing on Home screen now sits on the right of the screen (more room)
    * Added: Option to revert back to Music Now Playing on Home to be shown on the left
    * Added: Option to display AM/PM in clock again (still problems when hour < 10 but it's your choice if you want to see it or not)
    * Added: Repeat, Random and Record buttons to Music Visualisation screens
    * Added: English (US) translation

* Fixed: Flashing of old custom folder background images on Home screen (thanks to timdog)
    * Fixed: 1px error in positioning of fade on left hand side of RSS
    * Fixed: Positioning of number part of media count label in AMT (needs testing)
    * Fixed: Vertical positioning of title labels on Visualisation Preset List dialog (should work better with all fonts)
    * Fixed: Displaying of Star Rating image (where applicable) in Coverflow view

* Updated: Reduced a few more textures for the lite theme to reduce memory usage
    * Updated: Coverflow for Episodes to use lower overlay in lite theme and also shows more Episode specific info
    * Updated: Default Path to Lyrics script on XBox is on Q:, all others are on U:
    * Updated: Tidied up vertical positioning of labels on Music Now Playing UI (should work better with all fonts)
    * Updated: Re-activated video preview for Videos/Movie/TV Shows etc (may overlap on some views but will work on most of them)
    * Updated: Widened info area for Vertical Music Visualisation (so extra buttons fit)
    * Updated: Dutch, Chinese (Simple), French, German, Greek, Spanish and Italian translations
    * Updated: Small update to faq.txt

We really need your feedback so please post if you have any comments, suggestions or feedback and we'll aim to deal with them as soon as we can.

PLEASE NOTE: The skin is being developed based on the latest version of XBMC (T3CH release for Xbox and update to date builds for other platforms) so please make sure you have the latest version before posting about any problems

S1ack

• Archived User
« Reply #110 on: November 22, 2008, 03:35:00 PM »

I've noticed with all the Atlantis skins. That certain feature I used to like seems missing.

Specifically, I recall an option in older skins to revert to list view when you get to the bottom of a recursed folder set.

So for example with an older skin. I could keep cover flow (or similar), and when I go from
Folder - Hard Stuff to...
Folder - Megadeth to...
Folder - Peace Sells But Who's Buyin' to..
a nice list of the songs. No more big icons saying no thumb. etc..

See I don't use library mode, just browse a big honking NAS with folder.jpg everywhere, and all the files are <track no - title.mp3> format.

Same goes for videos, I'd like to get where I'm going while looking at the nice folder.jpg eye candy. And when I get the final folder containing a single .avi I'd rather not have a big honking icon repeated over & over to fill out the coverflow.

I've tried various settings in this skin and others as far as remember view etc.. but they do not seem to have the desired effect of 'revert to list view when you get to discrete file level' or words to that effect.

Any of that make sense?

Still my favorite skin.

Horscht

• Recovered User
« Reply #111 on: November 22, 2008, 06:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(JustMeD @ Nov 21 2008, 10:17 PM) View Post

* Added: Music Now Playing on Home screen now sits on the right of the screen (more room)

This does not work on PAL 4:3, it keeps on sitting on the left, wether or not i have selected that option from the skin options.

JustMeD

• Archived User
« Reply #112 on: December 05, 2008, 07:00:00 AM »

MediaStream v1.00 Released (4/12/2008) - At last!

We've made it! v1.00!!

It's been a long and winding road since we first started this project (and a lot of people who have been part of it have come and gone) but we've finally completed pretty much all the features and functionality that we originally planned for the skin.

There aren't too many changes in this release, as the goal for this release was not to add any new features but to tidy up and stabilise existing stuff. Hopefully we've managed it.

We're now going to concentrate on developing a new skin (one for the fanart fanboys!) so releases and updates to MediaStream will not be anywhere near as frequent as they have been. We will still be keeping an eye on the forums however, and if any major issues arise then we'll try and sort them out ASAP.

There is a Feature Requests thread that we'll aim to keep up to date. It contains a list of all the features that users have requested but we haven't been able to fit them in before the v1.00 release. Our goal is that all the features listed in the first post will be implemented at some point (dependent on the time we need to dedicate to the new skin).

Hope you enjoy the skin and I'm excited to see what (if any) further MediaStream mods that start to appear now that we've put it in SVN.

As usual you can download the packaged version of the skin from our website, http://www.teamrazor...ediastream.html

As of v1.00 you can now get access to the full source code (including textures) via the XBMC Skinning Project. Download it using SVN from https://xboxmediacen...ter/MediaStream

* Fixed: Width of text in the System Info screen
    * Fixed: Positioning of the focus image for the vis settings button in the Music Visualisation screen
    * Fixed: Aligning of the Now Playing UI on Home when shown on right of 4x3 screen
    * Fixed: Width of Clock background when Large Clock is enabled

* Updated: Glass overlay image, to make it slightly stronger so that it works better with lighter images and dark images
    * Updated: Parent Folder image to make it fit better with the rest of the skin
    * Updated: Tidied up sub-menu animations on Home screen when moving between first and last items (made more consistent)
    * Updated: Dutch, German and Chinese (Traditional) translations

We may not be updating the skin as frequently as we have in the recent past but we still want your feedback (we'll be keeping an eye out and updating MediaStream during any breaks we get in the development of the new skin).

PLEASE NOTE: The skin is being developed based on the latest version of XBMC (T3CH release for Xbox and update to date builds for other platforms) so please make sure you have the latest version before posting about any problems

Horscht

• Recovered User
« Reply #113 on: December 06, 2008, 05:57:00 AM »

The MediaStream default font seems to lack german umlauts (ä,ö,ü), i get blanks where they are suposed to be in the german translation

JustMeD

• Archived User
« Reply #114 on: December 16, 2008, 02:35:00 PM »

skwatch

Sounds like your having memory issues running the skin.  Couple of things to try  ..  Switch to the Lite Version of the skin in appearance settings.  Also try reducing the size of your fanart to 896px wide.

Horscht

Any chance you could up a screen of where the font issue is and I'll have a look.  I did notice a comment on the xbmc.org forums about the encoding type of the german xml being wrong.  I'll look into it further and see what I can do.

D

Horscht

• Recovered User
« Reply #115 on: December 18, 2008, 11:58:00 AM »

Sure will.

http://cid-741cb748e...reenshot000.png

it should say "Anhören" instead.

JustMeD

• Archived User
« Reply #116 on: December 19, 2008, 07:47:00 AM »

Horscht

Thanks for the info.  I have had a look at the issue you are seeing and don't see it it my end.  It seems like it may be a configuration issue at your end.  Can you check through your settings to see if anything strange is going on.  Also can you try PM3 for example to see if the issue still appears and let me know.

mindweaver

Thanks for the info.  I'll add that to our bug tracker and hopefully we'll have to sorted soon..

D

FourTwentySmiles

• Archived User
« Reply #117 on: December 19, 2008, 01:53:00 PM »

It's a BIG secret. So Shush!!  LOL tongue.gif

FourTwentySmiles

• Archived User
« Reply #118 on: January 15, 2009, 10:48:00 PM »

Although this has nothing to do with XBMC ( or Xbox for that matter), I thought I'd share this here, because this IS the MediaStream Thread. This is my MediaStream inspired theme for my modded PSP.

Home Screen.......
IPB Image

Music.....
IPB Image

Movies....
IPB Image

Games....
IPB Image

Power off from Home Screen...
IPB Image

AND The PlayStation Network....
IPB Image

Everyone let me know what you think. It IS NOT a finished work, YET!

This will NOT be released without permission from TeamRazorFish.

guybird

• Archived User
« Reply #119 on: January 22, 2009, 07:07:00 PM »

FourTwentySmiles, I definitely like it and would use it myself.

For Team Razorfish:

Have you guys considered putting in poster views in the Programs section (for Games & Emu's)?  I definitely feel that its pretty much all that's missing from your and all other skins.  Here's a great mockup someone has made: http://forums.xbox-s...p;#entry4421397
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9