xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Mediastream :: The Wait Is Over !  (Read 1005 times)

PantsOnFire

• Archived User
Mediastream :: The Wait Is Over !
« Reply #120 on: March 17, 2009, 08:55:00 PM »

MediaStream skin latest version,

any way to change the skin so that the initial menu item highlighted is the MUSIC section?

(i use xbmc mostly for music, would prefer to start on that item (on main menu) than weather.

cheers

jC!

• Archived User
« Reply #121 on: March 23, 2009, 11:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(JustMeD @ Dec 16 2008, 02:11 PM) View Post

Sounds like your having memory issues running the skin.  Couple of things to try  ..  Switch to the Lite Version of the skin in appearance settings.  Also try reducing the size of your fanart to 896px wide.

I'm having this problem also. The TV show ended up in Now Playing, but never plays. Still can navigate XBMC, but no audio and nothing works until a reboot.
Where do I set the size of FanArt? Is it a AdvancedSettings.xml tag?

PantsOnFire

• Archived User
« Reply #122 on: March 28, 2009, 08:29:00 AM »

I have some questions about the SVN download of this skin:

It comes with a TEXTURES batch file, i ran this, it did stuff, not sure what.  But now when I use the skin, I check the stats and freemem sits about 16-18mb !      Whereas the version I downloaded from the site  www.teamrazorfish.co.uk, always sat at about 32mb free.

So now I'm getting issues where the background art (all 720p) just dosen't show up  (black background).

I only tried this texture batch file because before, I just hit build and hoped for the best.
This resulted in about 22-25mb memfree when using the skin.     (this still caused backgrounds to cut out).

I need to get it back to the state it was in before (around 32mb free) ---  losing background art sucks.

Can anyone help?

unsure.gif

PantsOnFire

• Archived User
« Reply #123 on: March 30, 2009, 07:00:00 AM »

bump

o0paradigm0o

• Archived User
« Reply #124 on: May 02, 2009, 03:54:00 PM »

Best skin by far.

Ntr0s

• Archived User
« Reply #125 on: May 03, 2009, 12:19:00 PM »

Nice skin.  The only problem I had with it was the download servers, once I got through all the damn pop-ups, fake links, entered that freakin human recognition image code word many many times, then cleaning my system from all the tracking cookies / other spyware planted on my system from the download server sites,  and pop-ups from the fake skin download links...Jesus, I'm glad to finally have this skin.   After all the above BS, using the skin is great, but now the skin feels like it was downloaded from some vapor ware website who's only purpose is generate money from clicking links and planting spyware.

Come up with another download solution.  Other than that the the skin is really nice.

PantsOnFire

• Archived User
« Reply #126 on: May 03, 2009, 06:58:00 PM »

are we on the same page?  TeamRazorfish's website just links you to a MediaFire download page to get this skin.

I don't remember it playing havoc with my system like you describe, and I've downloaded it many times in different revisions.

manturafs

• Archived User
« Reply #127 on: May 05, 2009, 01:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(PantsOnFire @ Mar 28 2009, 09:21 AM) View Post

I only tried this texture batch file because before, I just hit build and hoped for the best.
This resulted in about 22-25mb memfree when using the skin.     (this still caused backgrounds to cut out).
I need to get it back to the state it was in before (around 32mb free) ---  losing background art sucks.
Can anyone help?

unsure.gif

try the lite version made by paul.  that should give about 34 mb free.  you can download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?jkm0ktdjmlj

i believe that's the whole skin so just install per usual

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]