xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)  (Read 672 times)

Sharpe

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2007, 02:02:00 PM »

Hey RSkillz - glad you like the skin mate.

I'll have a look at a few things and see what I think although it's 3 steps to scripts. Down, select and select or you can always bookmark the ones you use in the submenu as well.

I think Maximus is right about the curtain transition though - I don't know I think it would make it look unbalanced.

I can probably add a toggle option to remove settings from the home screen and put it in the sub-menu - It'll just take a while.

I've also just added another view to Videos - a DVD cover wrap list. Kinda looks nice with the new gradient theme backdrops.

IPB Image

Cheers

Sharpe

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2007, 11:57:00 PM »

Yeah I've already added that - it's under skin settings

Sharpe

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2007, 07:06:00 AM »

I've also just added an option in skin settings that removes "Settings" from the Home screen and puts it into the sub-menu dialogue.

RSkillz

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #78 on: October 15, 2007, 12:10:00 AM »

Ty for reading my post and implementing it! smile.gif

Will update today and check out the results

maximusoctavious

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #79 on: October 15, 2007, 10:21:00 AM »

http://www.4shared.c...l?cau2=403tNull
New dvd style I came up with. Also if Sharpe needs this for test.

djdafreund

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2007, 02:55:00 PM »

Link is broken, but i did get to see the picture earlier with my phone during my lunch hour while browsing the forums.(Yeah, i'm a big xs junkie. LOL) The overlay does look nice, but i would recommend to remove the 'DVD' word and replace it with something like "Play" or something. 'DVD' is kind of obvious with the dvd coming out of the side, or even the case the content might be just video's and not even from a dvd. But play fits better because it's being used as a selection form or description. Just my thoughts of course. But i do like it myself, nice job. No offence meant by my suggestion.
 Sharpe, would it be possible, about the idea of having a wrap mode home page, to do something like this, added as a skin option (some other skins allow this, so it's possible by design.) to have a wrape mode for the home page. Like instead of only showing 1 icon at a time, and flipping left or right, it would show say 3-4 on screen, and would flip left/right, so you could better see your selection. I could do up some mockups to better illustrate it would function this way and yet still not loose the beauty of the skin if you think you may have SOME interests in doing something like this. Also, thanks for adding the DVD wrap mode. Very nice!!! Could you possibly have the text on top of the cover, rather then a little to the right like current? Or even below. Either one would be nice.

maximusoctavious

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2007, 04:37:00 PM »

Here you go dida....if someone can do better, then by all means do so. This is a project i'm messing around with since I can't get anyone to help.

Sharpe

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2007, 05:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(djdafreund @ Oct 15 2007, 10:31 PM) View Post

...Sharpe, would it be possible, about the idea of having a wrap mode home page, to do something like this, added as a skin option (some other skins allow this, so it's possible by design.) to have a wrape mode for the home page. Like instead of only showing 1 icon at a time, and flipping left or right, it would show say 3-4 on screen, and would flip left/right, so you could better see your selection. I could do up some mockups to better illustrate it would function this way and yet still not loose the beauty of the skin if you think you may have SOME interests in doing something like this. Also, thanks for adding the DVD wrap mode. Very nice!!! Could you possibly have the text on top of the cover, rather then a little to the right like current? Or even below. Either one would be nice.

Hi fella - yeah please free to do mockups, if you don't mind - I'll certainly see what I can do and they'd be useful to refer to. Be a bit of big(ish) job - mainly because of the way the homescreen is setup but it's always possible I suppose.

I've also taken on what you've said about the label being on the right - it's something I was trying but I've gone back to a more conventional label under the image.

djdafreund

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #83 on: October 16, 2007, 12:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(maximusoctavious @ Oct 15 2007, 07:13 PM) View Post

Here you go dida....if someone can do better, then by all means do so. This is a project i'm messing around with since I can't get anyone to help.

Hey, i appreciate that. Lemme play with it some and see.

QUOTE(Sharpe @ Oct 15 2007, 07:44 PM) View Post

Hi fella - yeah please free to do mockups, if you don't mind - I'll certainly see what I can do and they'd be useful to refer to. Be a bit of big(ish) job - mainly because of the way the homescreen is setup but it's always possible I suppose.

I've also taken on what you've said about the label being on the right - it's something I was trying but I've gone back to a more conventional label under the image.

Thanks for such a nice skin. I use it quite abit now. Mostly actually, on my theater xbox, which i use mostly. Lemme have some funand see what i can come up with. And other's feedback as well. Hopefully they will look good enough to consider.

maximusoctavious

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2007, 03:40:00 PM »

Thanks a million there Sharpe. Skin just keeps on gettin better & better.

maximusoctavious

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2007, 08:52:00 AM »

This is the only thing I forgot to mention. Is it possable to create a toggle botton for wallpaper for replacement for your "BACK-Row" 800x400 wallpaper. I love the curtains but I thought it would be sweet to have the option to place movie wallpaper that changes wallpaper every few seconds. & for thoughs that don't want it, they can just uncheck toggle wallpaper. Everyone can create a folder & place what they want inside, & the pics can change every couple of seconds.....

When a skin has this many views, and this many toggles......It stands above the rest....

uli666

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2007, 12:36:00 PM »

Hi Sharpe!
Your skin is totally awesome!

Here are my suggestions:
- In the new DVD Wrap visualization would be possible to have a DVD case overlay? And to put the label on top of images instead that under them (they cover the very nice reflection).
- Would be possible to have a DVD Wrap visualization (with green DVD case overlay) also in the Apps?
- In Music would be nice to have a CD Wrap visualization with CD case overlay and when playing music a new screen showing the cover quite big (with all related info about album, song, duration, etc.).

I hope you can understand what I mean (especially for the last one).
Let me know what do you think about that.

Thanks for your great skinning work going on and on on a daily basis.  smile.gif

Uli666

maximusoctavious

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2007, 01:09:00 PM »

That would be nice. Especially the music cd case over the music.

Sharpe

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2007, 04:05:00 PM »

Thanks for the feedback and the suggestions guys - it's appreciated and really helps to give me ideas of what to work on next.

I'll have a think and maybe see what I can do - when I get a bit of free time.

Sharpe

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2007, 08:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(maximusoctavious @ Oct 16 2007, 11:16 PM) View Post

This is the only thing I forgot to mention. Is it possable to create a toggle botton for wallpaper for replacement for your "BACK-Row" 800x400 wallpaper. I love the curtains but I thought it would be sweet to have the option to place movie wallpaper that changes wallpaper every few seconds. & for thoughs that don't want it, they can just uncheck toggle wallpaper. Everyone can create a folder & place what they want inside, & the pics can change every couple of seconds.....

That's now in place - put what ever backgrounds you want in the wallpaper folder (in the skin's media folder) and then select the Wallpaper toggle in skin settings. It will then cycle through your own backgrounds instead of using the Cinema Curtains themed stuff.

Cheers
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15