xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)  (Read 673 times)

maximusoctavious

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2007, 10:42:00 AM »

Fantastic Job! Wow. The only thing that I really want is the curtain animation back. This really makes the theme in the opening. Without it, it feels like something is really missing. Great job again Sharpe. I just kept the new feature disabled until the curtains come back. sad.gif

Sharpe

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2007, 10:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(maximusoctavious @ Oct 20 2007, 05:12 PM) View Post

QUOTE:It will then cycle through your own backgrounds instead of using the Cinema Curtains themed stuff.
Is it possable to have the cutains animation? I still love this very much. I will download & try this new build. Thanks Sharpe....

No I don't think so. It looks wrong, imo, going from random custom wallpaper to the curtains opening from nowhere. Just doesn't look right.

Although I could alter your own "home.xml" if you really want it to work that way.

maximusoctavious

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2007, 12:42:00 PM »

Sharpe, there is so much going on with this baby I keep forgetting to ask you. In the dvd wrap view can u add another toggle for the red curtains? It would really add to the depth of the dvd view. Thanks a bunch.
Droools.....

maximusoctavious

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2007, 02:36:00 PM »

Found small bug in new wallpaper? On the top of the screen u can still see parts of the red curtians. Looks a little funky. Only on some parts of the wallpaper? Maybe u can have the skin stretch out on the sides and top
for the wallpaper. This way everthing looks equally balanced. Nice updates.....
Sharpe use my wallpaper I sent u to see what I mean?

Sharpe

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2007, 02:47:00 PM »

Yeah, that's something only you'll have seen because of the custom home.xml I did for you. I've just fixed it for you - check your PM's.

Sharpe

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2007, 03:54:00 PM »

maximusoctavious

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2007, 06:19:00 PM »

Man your to much bro. What a character. If theres anything I can help you with (mainly graphics) just holla.
Thanks alot man. Droools rolleyes.gif

djdafreund

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2007, 06:24:00 PM »

Hey Sharpe, one way i just thought of, about having the icon flip mode on home page, is displaying the icon list on an image of a marquee in the center. The marquee imagewould be added big on top of he theater screen already there. I'll just have to see about how to do a mockup of that.But i wanted to run the idea b you as to how i was thinking about the layout of doing it. Thought that would be pretty wicked.

djdafreund

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2007, 08:29:00 PM »

It's confusing me who Dida is? If it's me, it's DJDafreund, i guess after looking at it the underline is going through the j, looking sort of like an i. Funny. Never noticed that. Anyway, i'll make some mockups then, and enjoy your. . erm. . TIME, yeah.

Sharpe

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2007, 11:46:00 PM »

Sounds like a good plan djdafreund - although for a brief moment there I thought by "marquee" you thinking of sticking a giant tent onto the homescreen but then realised that would be crazy design at work biggrin.gif

Sharpe

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2007, 10:25:00 AM »

Okay well I had some spare time today so I've put an alternate home screen in place - I'll probably alter the design based on what djdafreund comes up with but, with all the code in place already, that should be easy enough.

It's selectable in skin settings.

IPB Image

shizzle01

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2007, 10:31:00 AM »

OMFG ohmy.gif  now i will switch to this skin from PMIII smile.gif

djdafreund

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #102 on: October 21, 2007, 01:04:00 PM »

Sharpe, i did not give you permission to read my mind!!!! Wow that's eerie buddy. I had 2 idea's in mind to do mockups for. One was for going horizontal, which is EXACTLY how you did it, filmstrip and all, and the other was goig vertical, using a theater marquee, showing a couple in the list that way. That way i had both sides covered, in case you liked one or the other. Thanks!!!!  I will scrtch on the mockup then since it's already what i was looking for.

Man, it's already my default's, and my room mate's as well. VERY NICE!!! and keeps getting better. Now on to some idea's (since your so awesome wth being open minded)

1) Possible to have the 'TOGGLE CURTAINS" when skin option clicked, means it shows it, instead of not showing it. Seems more logic, when ticked is on state. (Tick is enabling option.)
2) Maybe an option to show curtains in wide and big wide views? I know for contrast purposes text might be harder to read when in covers or list mode, but when using wide banners, it won't hurt viewing, since there big and easy to read, no matter whats on background, because of the banners having the title inside them anyways.
3) Possible to include either a 'Now Showing' dialog box around selected when in those views (already has them in most others) Reason, the selected is just a little bigger now, so it would make it easier to see on the eyes which one is actually highlighted, when flipping through stuff. Currently there's only a little difference in sizes from selected, and not selected. Or, just make the selected bigger yet.
4) Make the selected in Plotview bigger then the others ( like in DVD cover view.), to mak it easier to notice. (Not that it's hard now, but just for other people not so used to xbox's, like company or friends.)
5) Also in plot view, tv shows within are showing a blank black box (of course, since a lot of shows don't have specific info for each season.), but a fix could be to also just show the shows info (like it does when showing the actual tv shows themselves.), so it's at least not blank. I don't know if this would be difficult or not with the way xbmc is set up with the xml files.

Hope those are cool idea's for now.

djdafreund

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #103 on: October 21, 2007, 01:30:00 PM »

Ooops, missed my edit window timing. After messing with it. I noticed (at friend's house now, using 4x3 tv), that if possible could the home filmstrip be either moved in the center or at least higher like maybe above the bottom of curtain higher. Currently it's covering both the weather icon info, as well as hiding the dvd icon in lower right corner area. Looks great though!!! Thanks.

Sharpe

• Archived User
Front-row (pdm Skin Mod)
« Reply #104 on: October 21, 2007, 02:53:00 PM »

Thanks - some good ideas - I'll work on them next!

I'll sort the film strip out tonight though.

Cheers

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15