xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Xbox And Mytheatre Rocks!  (Read 159 times)

soundentertainm

• Archived User
Xbox And Mytheatre Rocks!
« on: January 01, 2005, 01:05:00 PM »

:)

I just changed my original dash to media centre. I never did this before but I just got my Nova-s PCI card and MyTheatre setup to work on my Xbox. I used AVBroadcaster V.012 to stream HTTP stream into my xbox. I tried to use the Mytheatre python script to show the channels, but it wont, oh well I'm still watching movies. Oh and you can pause the stream, rewind, and even go forward.
I even got rid of the "file manager" option, on the media screen to go to mytheatre script, but it don't work. I can't get it to open up the stream it self, I always have to go "my videos."

But it works and its sweet, oh yeah I'm not much of a computer guy so the forums really helped.

:popcorn: I'm out!

marplar

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2005, 01:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(soundentertainm @ Jan 1 2005, 09:29 PM)
I even got rid of the "file manager" option, on the media screen to go to mytheatre script, but it don't work. I can't get it to open up the stream it self, I always have to go "my videos."

Are you using the latest Mytheatre script (with EPG)? It includes an option to put a delay after the channel is changed which could fix the problem of failing to open the stream. Are you able to change channels with the script?

soundentertainm

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2005, 01:40:00 PM »

No the script dosen't even bring the channels up, although when I run the server on PC the script dosen't give me a "unable to connect" error. I think it might have something to do with Mytheatre on my PC.  My progam guide works but it was a bitch to get it to. I belive I'm useing all the latest versons of everything, because I've been working on this for a while I've been hitting the regular places alot.

marplar

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2005, 06:39:00 PM »

It sounds like you have the right versions, I use MT3.20.02 and AVB0.12. The latest mytheatre script is 11-Dec-04. http://dwl.xboxmediacenter.de/

Are you able to change channel using the avbroadcaster built in web page? The mytheatre.py script reads that page to get the channel list. Also did you edit the script to set the PC ip address?

soundentertainm

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2005, 08:16:00 PM »

Thanks man, I tryed it in a browser and got an error, its was missing some files in a subfolder. I guess when I unzipped it I never made sure they where it worked. Once i got the DLL files in my Plugins\AVB folder It worked like a charm. I can now change channel and read discriptions of shows. You know, this is the best. I was thinking I can already pause and rewind the stream. Too bad it didn't save the stream as it recived it, it would be a great lite version of a pvr.

biggrin.gif

P.s. Now all I need is a remote dongle and a remote, I might go out a get a MCE remote. I like how it's got the my tv and my Pic buttons. I guess I should start working on adapting it, back t work.

beerchug.gif

marplar

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2005, 07:06:00 AM »

Glad you got it to work  smile.gif  smile.gif  smile.gif

Perplexer

• Recovered User
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2005, 07:44:00 AM »

Hot damn, I had tried getting MyTheater streams to play on my Xbox a while back with no success (recorded streams were fine, but not live ones).

I hadn't heard about AVBroadcaster... I know what I'll be configuring tonight!

/me wonders if the plug-ins will work with RitzDVB...
/me also wonders if HDTV channels will work...

love.gif

Affini

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2005, 02:47:00 PM »

I do not see a script called MyTheatre under XBMC Python in the download section... what is is called?

soundentertainm

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2005, 08:43:00 AM »

It's in the XBMC download page.

My stream keeps dropping on certain channels, I think itÂ’s the movie channels mostly. It might have something to do with the 5.1 audio streams, or the high quality video streams. Any ideas?

Mytheatre

S

Affini

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2005, 11:21:00 AM »

soundentertainm,
your reply did not help... I've looked in the XBMC download area... in all sections.

please let me know what the script is called or if you can post a link. there is nothing obvious that I can see in any section.

Lukenatme

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2005, 12:20:00 PM »

soundentertainm

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2005, 01:52:00 PM »

My link takes you to the same place.

Lukenatme

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2005, 03:02:00 PM »

roffle rotfl.gif

PackerBacker

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2005, 07:38:00 PM »

Hello, I cannot seem to get this working sad.gif I have MyTheatre 3.21 with script ver 12. I get the favorite folders listed, but thats it, no channels show up (in the fav folders) and it seems to stall when I go to a folder. Any ideas?Am I putting the IP addies in the wrong place? The first IP I have set to the PC, the second also to the PC (in avb) Is this correct?

yoghurt

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2005, 06:03:00 AM »

I had this script working fine when using SMB network-however I now cannot connect using SMB so am using CCXstream. BUT My Theatre script does not work.

Can anyone please confirm you need SMB running or should I persevere with trying to get it to work via CCXstream?

Thank you
Pages: [1] 2