xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Directory Empty, Space Still Taken Up  (Read 71 times)

Heimdall

• Archived User
Xbox Directory Empty, Space Still Taken Up
« on: July 03, 2011, 05:41:00 AM »

Let me guess (yet again)!, The F partition is larger than 256GB, and you didn't format it with XBPartitioner 1.1 then check the cluster sizes?

Follow the "cluster size" link in my signature and check your cluster size. If it's the wrong size for your partition (e.g. partition > 256GB and cluster size 16kB) then you need to reformat the partition with XBPartitioner 1.1, check the cluster size (e.g. for a 256-512GB partition it should be 32kB), then once it is correct you can start filling your F partition again. Obviously you will lose all of the data on your F partition when you reformat, so you'll have to restore the content from your backup.

silentblackhat

• Archived User
Xbox Directory Empty, Space Still Taken Up
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 12:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Jul 3 2011, 12:41 PM) View Post

Let me guess (yet again)!, The F partition is larger than 256GB, and you didn't format it with XBPartitioner 1.1 then check the cluster sizes?

Follow the "cluster size" link in my signature and check your cluster size. If it's the wrong size for your partition (e.g. partition > 256GB and cluster size 16kB) then you need to reformat the partition with XBPartitioner 1.1, check the cluster size (e.g. for a 256-512GB partition it should be 32kB), then once it is correct you can start filling your F partition again. Obviously you will lose all of the data on your F partition when you reformat, so you'll have to restore the content from your backup.

Sweet, thanks for the quick reply, ill give that a try..