xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Some Movies Wont Play On Xbmc  (Read 81 times)

Heimdall

• Archived User
Some Movies Wont Play On Xbmc
« on: February 06, 2011, 06:27:00 AM »

You have to format the drive with XBPartitioner 1.1 or later, and check the cluster size before you start loading files onto the F/G partitions. See the link in my signature for details.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 08:52:00 AM »

Trust me, getting the disk format right is far more important than sorting out your codec problem...... There's nothing worse than a disk full of content that you can't use because it has become corrupted. smile.gif

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 04:59:00 PM »

Identifying the codecs doesn't really matter; all you really need to know is whether XBMC will handle them or not, and you've already determined that.

It would be worth checking under Settings => Videos =>Playback to see whether "DVDPlayer full codec support" is enabled. These days, XBMC uses a scaled down version of DVDPlayer by default, in order to save on RAM. If you're using MPlayer for playback, check the System\Players\MPlayer\Codecs folder in your XBMC directory to see if you've got the MPlayer codecs installed; some distrobutions of XBMC include them (T3CH), some don't. You can press the white button on a video to get the option to choose between players if you want to try either or both.

So you've cleared up the partitioning matter, then? Note that if more then 256gb is copied to a badly formatted partition, there's a good chance you'll lose ALL the contents.

computergroove

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 09:15:00 PM »

I finally found this:
http://wiki.xbmc.org...isn.27t_working

It tells me to try virtualdub to open the troublesome and then save a new avi file which should repair any issues with that file on the xbox. I am currently in the middle of doing this (District 9 is estimated to be done in 34 minutes on my core i7 with 4 gb ram on windows 7 pro 64 bit eddition). If it doesnt work I will dig some more and post new instructions. If you dont see a reply from me then the above works.