xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I Have No Video On A 1.1/sharp.  (Read 34 times)

A@ron

• Archived User
I Have No Video On A 1.1/sharp.
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2004, 04:26:00 AM »

I know evolution X can flash a Sharp brand tsop since I have done it before. The only brand tsop which requires raincoat is the Winbond and that is because you cannot block erase the chip, you need to do a chip erase command which evox cannot do yet. It is kind of insulting when you don't read enough, start two threads on the same subject, and try to start a flaming war with someone way more experienced then you when it comes to this subject (obviously). In the end however it only matters that you got it working... now you can go bother the people in some other forum.  muhaha.gif

A@ron

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2004, 10:34:00 AM »

thats something id liek to do more research about, alot of people say evox hangs on erasing the Sharp, perhaps some Sharps dont like block erase and others do, hopefully mackjack can post the raincoat output (it will say "Sector erase failed, trying full-chip erase" or soemthing along those lines if thats the case)

A@ron

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2004, 11:36:00 AM »

or maybe they dont have the flash line in their evox.ini file but I know I have gotten it to work before, dont know what version of evox.

A@ron

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2004, 12:12:00 PM »

QUOTE (A@ron @ Feb 25 2004, 03:36 PM)
or maybe they dont have the flash line in their evox.ini file but I know I have gotten it to work before, dont know what version of evox.

A@ron

well if the flash isnt in th config it will ID the manf and dev and say "unknown flash type" and you wont even be able to initate the erase  wink.gif

like i said, it might be different individual chip are picky, would be some interesting research

1nick9

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2004, 02:45:00 AM »

or mayb the wires lose connections in the middle of the flash

cheers beerchug.gif
Pages: 1 [2]