xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I Have No Video On A 1.1/sharp.  (Read 33 times)

tigerito

• Archived User
I Have No Video On A 1.1/sharp.
« on: February 22, 2004, 11:53:00 AM »

I am attempting to flash the tsop on a 1.1/sharp bios chip.  I did read that little section on it in the tut.  It tells you:

READ ME:
* if sharp here's what you do
* first solder a wire to each of these two extra points.
* boot up like normal.. goto the evo-x dash setu form my game save.
* twist the two wires togethor and go flash.
* power off and untwist
* should work
* if you plan to upgrade your tsop flash. i'd recomend installing a switch. leave off at all tiems unless you are flashing. then follow above steps. but using a switch instead of twisting

The part in blue is what i have problems with.  When i connect a wire to each of the points in the back of the motherboard and attempt to boot there is no video and the samsung drive that it came with doesn't work.

Can anybody help me out with this?

1nick9

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2004, 12:45:00 PM »

read wat u just had up there again
READ ME:
* if sharp here's what you do
* first solder a wire to each of these two extra points.
* boot up like normal.. goto the evo-x dash setu form my game save.
* twist the two wires togethor and go flash.
* power off and untwist
* should work
* if you plan to upgrade your tsop flash. i'd recomend installing a switch. leave off at all tiems unless you are flashing. then follow above steps. but using a switch instead of twisting
u boot up with the disconnected and when ur in evox u twist the 2 together

cheers :beer:
ps. seach b4 posting

terrorvis

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2004, 01:27:00 PM »

However those instructions don't mention the extra wire on the bottom that is also required by the Sharp.

This picture is also needed really!

(IMG:http://www.xbox-scene.com/imageserver2/tsop/sharp.jpg)

This post has been edited by terrorvis: Feb 22 2004, 09:29 PM

tigerito

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2004, 06:42:00 PM »

i still can't get it to work and still have no video.   What i did was connected two sets of points at the bottom and at the top.  LIke you would with any normal 1.1.  THen like it said in those directions i connect one wire to each of the extra points on the botttom of the mobo like the picture the guy before me attached but i didn't twist them yet cause it says to "boot normally first"  when i boot i get no picture.  So i can't go into the dash set up lie it says i must.  Now what am i doing wrong?  <

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2004, 07:07:00 PM »

dont connect the top points, connect a wire to each point, then after booting twist those wires togther to flash  <

A@ron

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2004, 07:09:00 PM »

hey man, check your other post on this exact same subject! I love how one thread wasn't enough for you so you had to start two of them. I wrote out step by step instructions and even included images so you could figure it out and get going on your way to other more difficult tasks then flashing a tsop!

A@ron  <

KrayzieVanh

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2004, 09:09:00 PM »

hey bro same shit happened to me too.. pissed me the fuck off.

what'll you'll have to do is "un-bridge" the bottom points and connect a wire to each of those points too....

so thats 4 wires total that you have comming from the bottom...

now run xbox and it will boot up...

do you little thing to get into raincoat...

ONE IN RAINCOAT...

connect the two bottom tsop wires together...

and then connect the two other extra wires together...

DO NOT CONNECT ALL FOUR WIRES TOGETHER!

FLASH...

DISCONNECT THE WIRES....

your done....

PM me if you need more details...  <

Exobex

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2004, 03:49:00 AM »

QUOTE (KrayzieVanh @ Feb 23 2004, 07:03 AM)
hey bro same shit happened to me too.. pissed me the fuck off.

what'll you'll have to do is "un-bridge" the bottom points and connect a wire to each of those points too....

so thats 4 wires total that you have comming from the bottom...

now run xbox and it will boot up...

do you little thing to get into raincoat...

ONE IN RAINCOAT...

connect the two bottom tsop wires together...

and then connect the two other extra wires together...

DO NOT CONNECT ALL FOUR WIRES TOGETHER!

FLASH...

DISCONNECT THE WIRES....

your done....

PM me if you need more details...

FOUR wires?  How the hell have you done that?

Apart from the "Sharp" link wire (which you run from one point to the other) there should be TWO wires leading up from the points below, with no bridge between them.

A@ron

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2004, 09:39:00 AM »

I HATE misinformation, poor information or just stupid people  :evil:

HERE IS WHAT I POSTED IN HIS OTHER THREAD AND IT IS 100% correct information, no more work then needed, just what works!

hey Im not saying the tuts are perfect for the Sharp brand tsop but I am saying these questions have answers that can be found easily on these boards (after all I found them). Here is a tut just for you ;) Step by step.

Join bottom points with solder/conductive material.
Wire in this extra point on the bottom:(IMG:http://pictures.xbox-scene.com/2/tsop/sharp.jpg)
Solder two wires, one each (30 gauge works the best), to the red vias in this picture (right near R7D2):(IMG:http://www.engineering.uiowa.edu/~aedelman/top_tsop.jpg)
Boot xbox (I assume you know how to reassemble and load on raincoat)
Strip insulation from ends of two wires.
Twist two wires together.
run AUF/SC/MA
load raincoat hack/evox whatever!
flash tsop!
untwist wires
unsolder wires to the top vias (or put a switch on them)
DONE

A@ron

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2004, 11:10:00 AM »

A@ron: PLEEEEAAASE post that whole thing in a separate thread, hopefully lookformeb will link it in the tutoprials topic, we seriously need a definitive tutorial for flashing the SHarp TSOP, ive noticed huge amounts of misinformation regarding that

A@ron

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2004, 11:06:00 AM »

well if there is a need I will write a more indepth one and put it in a new thread, just need more people to weigh in on the issue...

A@ron  <

tigerito

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2004, 12:40:00 PM »

thanks a lot Aron and everyone that helped in doing this.  I appreciate all of your help  <

A@ron

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2004, 02:46:00 PM »

I am posting this PM and the answer to this PM so others can benefit from it:
Ok, i'll tell you what i got from that. The reason my there is not pictuer is because i need to connect those two extra points on the back of the motherboard with one wire. Once i do that then the xbox should boot with the other points connected. Then in order to flash the bios with which ever method i use i have to connect one wire to each of the points ontop of the motherboard and boot and then strip the insulation flash then untwist and desolder from motherboard. THen i should be good? So connecting those two additional points on the back of the mobo will get my picture back and in order to flash i put one wire in each of the points you marked in red at the top and twist together to flash and untwist and unsolder after it has been flashed. Do i understand correctly or am i an idiot. Thanks a lot for your time and for your quick responses.

Let me explain, you have no video because the top write enable points are connected upon attempted boot. The sharp tsop will not allow the xbox to boot if the top write enable points are bridged, hence the need for the thin wire and the twisting. If you unjoin the top write enable points you will have a functioning xbox once again, no need to mess with the bottom wire going from Vcc to the point above D4 (I cannot find the name for this point and its not the best quality pict). All that wire does is provide power to one of the pins on the tsop and allow it to be flashed... other chips do not need this additional power. Please forget anything anyone has said to you about wires and this tsop and just follow the instructions I wrote for you earlier. If you feel you cannot accomplish this task and simply want a working xbox again unjoin the top write enable points (near R7D2) and there you go.

A@ron

Oh and next time try to get my name correct ;)

Further note, unjoin the write enable points and then use the wires, if you leave the write enable points joined and solder wires to the vias the board will still not boot.

This post has been edited by A@ron: Feb 23 2004, 10:48 PM

mackjack

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2004, 12:04:00 AM »

Thank god for this forum...  the other tuts didn't explain it well at all.  But now i have another problem for you wonderful people to try and solve...  I get the sharp tsop writeable in the method described below.... however, when i try to flash via evox, its says erasing... and the progress bar doesn't move.  the tsop is never erased.  anyone seen this problem???  (sorry if this is explained in some other forum...  i've given them a thorough look through but didn't find anything about this...  

mackjack

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2004, 01:31:00 AM »

i love answering my own posts... well, since i couldn't sleep i tried a few other search queries... and found yet another forum dealing w/ the sharp tsop.   evox appears to have issues erasing the sharp.  so the instructions above, when it says use either EvoX or raincoat, could be wrong...  it appears you HAVE to use raincoat.  :)  And not to offend A@ron, he explained things really well and got me past this same sticking point...  but even the directions he listed are partly misleading because of this evox OR raincoat remark.  I think a full end-2-end tut on sharp would be helpful... Just trying to weigh-in w/ my 2-cents about the need for a more complete sharp tsop guide... (please don't flame me)...
Pages: [1] 2