xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Custom Imdb  (Read 72 times)

animatt

• Archived User
Custom Imdb
« on: December 06, 2004, 05:24:00 PM »

Hello I am still a relative newbie to xbmc have a question.

is there anyway to write a custom imdb info for each file.  BEing that if I want to write episode summaries for tv shows so that each will have its own info, and thumb nail.  Thanks in advance for any help.  I did a search and did not find anything, can you point me in the right direction if there is already a thread. thnaks again

animatt

• Archived User
Custom Imdb
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 09:49:00 PM »

no  other control freek out there that knows how to total format the files.  I want to set up files permanently and have them very neat and have everything very organized.  ALl features in recent xbmc compiles are basically all I could ask for. so current compile is last update for me atleast for a good while.  Any help is much appreciated.  

animatt

• Archived User
Custom Imdb
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 02:07:00 PM »

anyone?

djh1229

• Archived User
Custom Imdb
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 08:19:00 PM »

The imdb info comes straight from the website imdb.com I think. So I wouldn't know how you would customize that.

animatt

• Archived User
Custom Imdb
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 08:21:00 PM »

yeah I know that, but I read you could add images to files if imdb did not have any.  Basically supplimenting the info that imdb did not supply.  Here is what I thought happened.  When you looked up imdb info and selected the information was then locally stored, so no internet access would be needed to allow it to work.  So I was just thinking you could just write up the while imdb information for local files and use.  No one else would have access to it but would be a personal database sort of thing.  Hope this clears things up.  If there is anyway to do this I would greatly appreciate it.  Maybe I have to create a mock imdb server on one of my pcs then alter from then accordingly and point to look at my computer as imdb info.  I hope this clears up what I want to do.  IF I am totally wrong in some of my assumptions please let me know

nagmine

• Archived User
Custom Imdb
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2004, 12:59:00 AM »

adding pictures is easy if you have a folder and u wana make an image then name the the picture file folder.jpg and put it in the folder. If your just wanting to put a cover on a video file the take the picture file and name it what ever the video name is and replace the .jpg with tbn. Example if u have I have The Ring.avi then id rename the picture file to be The Ring.tbn . Get it? then when ur in xbmc it will show that as the cover for that movie.

Also i just found a neat little program to change the imdb date ... i just stumbled apon it so not sure if it works or not http://vrokolos.freeprohost.com/XBMCDBVIEWER.exe
just open the MyVideos3.db file thats in the xbmc/albums/

try it out if ur trying to edit information

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Custom Imdb
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2004, 09:44:00 AM »

QUOTE (nagmine @ Dec 8 2004, 08:31 AM)
Also i just found a neat little program to change the imdb date ... i just stumbled apon it so not sure if it works or not http://vrokolos.free...BMCDBVIEWER.exe
just open the MyVideos3.db file thats in the xbmc/albums/

try it out if ur trying to edit information

You legend!!! I've been looking for something like this, this is exactly what you want animatt, it means you can customise all your TV episodes  love.gif

animatt

• Archived User
Custom Imdb
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2004, 09:51:00 AM »

This seems like a good program.  I can not currently test is out because I am rebuilding an xbox hard drive.  WIll test shortly.

but does look very promising.  Thanks for the link.

animatt

• Archived User
Custom Imdb
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2004, 10:32:00 AM »

This program works great.  Just what I was looking for.  Makes things so nice.  Again thank you.

animatt

• Archived User
Custom Imdb
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2004, 09:01:00 AM »

Just posted on xbox-scene home page.  Very nice program.  Also includes editing of imdb info.  But also add tons of controls.  Very nice program to use for xbmc organization

http://dwl.xbox-scen...oXTSetup1.2.rar