xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Check Out My New Skin I'm Making!  (Read 905 times)

NineT9mustang

• Archived User
Check Out My New Skin I'm Making!
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2004, 10:56:00 AM »

sad.gif

I haven't heard anything from WabidWoverin since I last replied to this post, so I'm not sure where the skin stands. Hopefully he'll give me an update sometime soon, until then, I'm not sure what to say guys, I'm sorry sad.gif

But good news is, when I first designed this skin, and when I passed it on to WabiWoverin, I never even had a modded xbox! But just the other day (saturday), I got my modded xbox, and now that everything is running, and for the first time I actually SAW XBMC on my tv, with seeing some of the skins, and the way it looks/runs, its gave me some fresh idea's on some new skins, so over the next month or so, I'll be designing some new skin idea's, and of course, posting a poll about it like this...

So I hope this skin getes done soon so I can take a look at it, and then make a nice brand new skin that I will spend a lot of time on (Also getting a new $2,000 computer!)...anyway, sorry about no updates, thats the only update  sad.gif

-Matt

Arcticcat

• Archived User
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2004, 02:18:00 PM »

QUOTE (GreenSabbath @ Nov 13 2004, 09:42 AM)

Project Mayhem 2 just stole your thunder.

uhhhhhhhhh........ don't think so !!!

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif Comparing Project Mayhem to NineT9mustang's  ???? biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

Not even in the same league.......not even close

NineT9mustang

• Archived User
« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2004, 10:47:00 PM »

Will Xlink Kai be supported by your skin

Hey mostym, To answer your question,...I'm not sure... I just emailed wabidwoveren (the gentleman doing all the xml work for me, btw thanks wabid for your efforts thus far), and I asked him if he'll be able to support 'Xlink Kai' in the skin

Is My Games going to be a main tab, if so that will freaking rock!

I originally made a My Games tab hoping it is possible to do, so if it is possible, I believe VERY much so it will be part of the skin, because like you, I would LOVE to have a MY GAMES tab...I bought an xbox for the games mainly, so its not you only that would want this, its you, 80% of other XBMC users, and me, the creator of the skin! So of course, it is going to be done...if that is possible (I dont know XBMC's limits)

uhhhhhhhhh........ don't think so !!!

arcticcat lol, i loved that reply !

PM II has no chance against this great skin!!

lol @ YnfinitY, thanks for the support!!

Again, thanks for all the replies and votes, Even you GreenSabbath! Just makes me want to work harder on my next skin!!

-NineT9

WabidWoveren

• Archived User
« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2004, 08:20:00 PM »

ok 2 steps

edit the <default>f:\games,g:\games</default>
-now when you click my programs it lists all your games

(with a new build of xbmc) press white on the my programs button and press rename button.  rename it to my games.

simbot82

• Archived User
« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2004, 09:29:00 PM »

HEy guys just a poin t I want to make. This skin looks great and I am keen to use it. But don't bad mouth Chokemaniac skin just because you don't prefer it. Some people really love it, I actually think his OSD is the best one availbable in any skin.

Sweet looking skin, lets compare when it is released. I am currently using PMII and the xlink kai implementation is supreme.

NineT9mustang

• Archived User
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2004, 01:43:00 AM »

simbot82, I don't believe you were directing that comment about badmouthing Chokemaniac to me, because I haven't said anything bad, I think he did an excellent job on his skins, a lot better then mine! I have much respect for him for creating such an awesome skin... I just don't want this to turn into some kind of war with my skin and his skin, It's all up to Wabid really, he's the one controlling everything, I just did the graphics.

and Vamino, its really not 80% lol, I was just saying that, I figure the majority would want a MY GAMES tab since this is a gaming console ? But maybe I'm way wrong...anyway, hope we can look at this skin on our tv's soon!

-NineT9

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2004, 08:02:00 AM »

smile.gif

saldous

• Archived User
« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2004, 08:43:00 AM »

When will this skin be out? I've just seen it and WOW I WANT IT! Keep up the good work. Can't wait.

DaCocoBrova

• Archived User
« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2004, 11:47:00 AM »

I'm a patient dude, but the wait on this is killing me.  Can I beta test or something?

theman76

• Archived User
« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2004, 05:19:00 PM »

Hey NineT9,  I am an new poster here and I want to let you know I agree in every way that your skin rocks. I saw this post on here and didn't think anyone was actually posting because of the subject. Figured it would get booted or not go anywhere but because of the # of views and replies I had to check it out.  I'm really glad I did.

Well I want My Games in the menu. I didn't ever think of it until someone else asked if someone would create a skin with it on it and I think he actually posted on here.  I wanted to make an comment about the OSD. I know that you finished creating the skin and everything but I thought that making the controls for OSD metallic or look more 3 dimensional like the My Videos DVD from the main screen would look cool.

I look forward to seeing these other skins that you said you were going to work on. When will we get to see those and start voting and giving suggestions on those :-).  

I think this is a good start for you being recognized for your artwork.  Im not sure what you do for a profession but with that kind of artwork you could do great designs for webpages. Just an thought

Well thats my little speal' .  I'll keep checking on this post to see when its done. We all look forward to it and I believe that your Skin is going to be the talk of the town once the public (those who haven't been following this post) see's it on Allxboxskins .

Dr_digitaL

• Archived User
« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2004, 05:36:00 PM »

Well I want My Games in the menu. I didn't ever think of it until someone else asked if someone would create a skin with it on it and I think he actually posted on here.

the newest version of xbmc and project mayhem II support renaming of main tabs, i would only assume this skin will also

NineT9mustang

• Archived User
« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2004, 12:32:00 AM »

biggrin.gif Thanks guys for the replies! It's people like every single one of you that makes me want to work hard on my next skin!

To answer some of the questions you have...

MY GAMES...As far as that tab brought up earlier, What will happen is if you'd like to use MY GAMES , then just rename "MY PROGRAMS" to MY GAMES like mentioned from wabid, tullm, and Dr Digital (thx guys)

Saldous, DaCocoBrova thank you for your patience and offerings! You have contributed plenty in just replying to the topic and giving your thoughts! I really apreciate the time a lot of you take to just reply and answer, and its not just my topic, its xbox-scenes.com, its amazing how helpful people are here, whether its to help out someone who has a major problem, or a lazy lazy newbie who has the simplist most FAQ!

theman76, I agree in every way that YOU rock! Thanks for checkin out the post! I'm glad you did too...About that OSD, I just got home from a long day of work and school (12 hours everyday) and now I need to get up in 5 hours, ...

but forget it! I'm going to work on a new OSD right now! I hope its not TOO late for it, but Ill work on it and send it over to wabid tommorow, thank you for your help in trying to make the skin better!

As for the rest of you, I sure hope I'm not getting annoying by thanking all of you in every reply of mine and saying the same thing, I really do feel this way and I don't know where this skin would be right now if you guys didn't direct me what way to go! Thanks again!!

cussing.gif  flamethrower.gif  gift.gif  iamwithstupid.gif  jester.gif

-NineT9

RocafellaSqualie

• Archived User
« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2004, 01:55:00 AM »

smile.gif

And thanks for keeping us updated NineT9 & Wabid smile.gif
Just checked over from the XBMC forums & many are liking it too! This skin to me is going to be a hit!

theman76

• Archived User
« Reply #88 on: November 19, 2004, 10:44:00 AM »

MY GAMES...As far as that tab brought up earlier, What will happen is if you'd like to use MY GAMES , then just rename "MY PROGRAMS" to MY GAMES like mentioned from wabid, tullm, and Dr Digital (thx guys)

Well I just got the new build the other day and I have yet to get Project Mayhem II to work on my machine. First time I tried it all I got was the background and it froze there. Now all I get is blank screen. Now that I know I can rename the buttons I will do that . I guess you can do this in any Skin ?? Not just Project Mayhem II.  

thanks for the compliment NineT9Mustang.  'No worries' about thanking us. You rock. Your so dedicated to the skin your staying up late, even missing work. Thats crazy but we all appreciate it although you know us Geeks we get impatient waiting for something we really want (ie this skin) .

Latez.

tullm

• Archived User
« Reply #89 on: November 19, 2004, 01:26:00 PM »

@Kotix: yes, exactly what I was thinking! Great job on all sides, but now just a home screen? maybe wabid has a lot to to in real life and has not the time it needs to code the skin somehow faster!

So you offered to help on the xml side. Maybe it´s possible that you contac wabid and wok together on the project, so that it will be a little faster!

What do you think about that t9, wabid, kotix???

regards

tullm
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12