xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 9-1 Build Loading?  (Read 112 times)

lowsodium

• Archived User
9-1 Build Loading?
« on: September 02, 2004, 08:01:00 AM »

Anyone else having problems with thsi latest build loading?  I deleted my udata and tdata also.

stuern

• Archived User
9-1 Build Loading?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2004, 11:23:00 AM »

i updated to 9/1 and it goes black right after the xbox intro.....
and now i cant get ftp access... wtf can i do now ?

stlunasmitts

• Archived User
9-1 Build Loading?
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2004, 11:27:00 AM »

make an exov bootdisk.  Thats what I had to do.

jmarshall

• Archived User
9-1 Build Loading?
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2004, 12:33:00 PM »

Please Dump the contents of your xbmc.log files here so that this issue can be resolved.  It may pay to enable full debugging in the XBoxMediaCenter.xml to make sure we catch whatever is causing this.

Also, please state which skin you are using before + after the new install.

lowsodium

• Archived User
9-1 Build Loading?
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2004, 01:11:00 PM »

Problem is easy to fix....atleast this is what I had to do.  Delete the root folder for XBMC on your box...mine was f:\apps\XBMC.  Then copy over the whole folder you unrared to your box.  Then rename the folder back to XBMC.  Ususally I can just copy over the necessary files and overwrite.  I tried the overwrite way 3 times and it hung everytime.  So finally I copied the whole folder over and renamed it to XBMC and I was good to go.  You are going to love the new build, it is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!  Good work team!

lowsodium

• Archived User
9-1 Build Loading?
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2004, 01:29:00 PM »

QUOTE (stuern @ Sep 2 2004, 09:28 PM)
and how do u expect me to do that ? i cant get ftp access when my xbox goes black...

You were using XBMC as your only dash?

Did you make sure you configured your BIOS to go to your Cd Rom if it can not find a bootable .xbe on one of your HD partitions?

If not, use XBTOOL and make a bios that boots from your CDROM and flash your chip with this new bios.

SoDoRo

• Archived User
9-1 Build Loading?
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2004, 02:47:00 PM »

Check the tutorials to see how to make an bootable XBOX cd.

dougsdir

• Archived User
9-1 Build Loading?
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2004, 02:53:00 PM »

Wouldnt work for me 1st time, would hang as soon as i loaded it with black screen
To make it work i deleted the whole xbmc folder from c:\apps\xbmc and also the e:\tdata\0face008
I copied the whole thing over again along with my customized XboxMediaCenter.xml file

Loaded no problems after that

dougsdir

• Archived User
9-1 Build Loading?
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2004, 02:55:00 PM »

Wouldnt work for me 1st time, would hang as soon as i loaded it with black screen
To make it work i deleted the whole xbmc folder from c:\apps\xbmc and also the e:\tdata\0face008
I copied the whole thing over again along with my customized XboxMediaCenter.xml file

Loaded no problems after that

bwanaaa

• Archived User
9-1 Build Loading?
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2004, 05:11:00 PM »

i noticed that the 9-1 build only has the project mayhem skin and only the pal one at that. At least that's what i got in the build i found. I much prefer the standard skin as mayhem is too dark in the bright room where my xbox is. Will the standard xbmc skin not be supported anymore?

wbrokow

• Archived User
9-1 Build Loading?
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2004, 05:59:00 PM »

I had no problems with loading & running 9-1 at all.

Varsis

• Archived User
9-1 Build Loading?
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2004, 08:14:00 PM »

I use 9-1 too with the mahem skin, no problems just throwing it over the old install.
I wonder whats up. you guys all using different skins? and 9-1 has ntsc in the pm skin.

ofbz

• Archived User
9-1 Build Loading?
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2004, 12:27:00 AM »

he... funny... i had the SAME problem with all the august builds of xbmc... even the ones i compiled myself.... luckily i had my "failsafe" 007 gamesave exploit... now the 9-1 build works like a charm...

jmarshall

• Archived User
9-1 Build Loading?
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2004, 04:52:00 AM »

Oh well - if none of you folks that cause XBMC not to boot after an upgrade actually bother to investigate WHY this is, it will never be fixed, as I cannot reproduce it.

It's fairly clear that when XBMC fails to boot/load it is user error (as a reinstall etc. fixes it).  However, I'd like to eliminate the possibility of XBMC crashing due to user error if at all possible.  To do this, I need users to:

1.  Turn on ALL debugging.
2.  Tell me what skin/XBMC version you were using before the upgrade.
3.  Post your full xbmc.log file.

Varsis

• Archived User
9-1 Build Loading?
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2004, 05:16:00 AM »

to be honest, i think most of it is due to corrupted transfers from bad ftp clients.
I've never been able to recreat anyof thebad installs i've heard of as long as i wasn't purposely corrupting skins etc.
Who knows. logs help. Would that help us figure outif it was a corrupted file transfer too? I know flashfxp has corrupted my transfersnow and then,
Pages: [1] 2